2021 draft proves McClay is overrated

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
The cowboys had 11 picks in the 2021 draft and only Micah and osa are starting. The rest are either gone of non factors and that includes Joseph, cox and wright.
Add to that the number of first round misses. Taco, Mazi, LVE.
Than add second round busts. Due to Jerry wanting to take risks on injured or players with character issues. All these misses on high round draft picks are now catching up to this team.
Clearly this all says that McClay is not the guru everyone thinks he is.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If you look back through past drafts by every team, I'd say the median return is 2 starters and a spare part or two.

We got 2 starters out of the 2021 draft. One's a 3x All-Pro mega stud, the other I'd call a plus starter. Golston is your spare part depth guy.

Even if Micah wasn't a star, that's still an average draft class.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
If you look back through past drafts by every team, I'd say the median return is 2 starters and a spare part or two.

We got 2 starters out of the 2021 draft. One's a 3x All-Pro mega stud, the other I'd call a plus starter. Golston is your spare part depth guy.

It’s way below average due to the busts that are no longer on the team and gholston is a jag

Davidlee1973

Reaction score

It’s not just 2021. He is living off the reputation of first round o linemen having success. If Guyton ends up a bust as he has looked so far that will be tarnished

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
OSA is going backwards amd would not start in most teams. So you really only have one starter out the 2021 draft. That was a no brainer on that pick. They had 11 picks in 2021 and you got one starter. By the way that starter is starting to wear on other players on the locker room. He likely will not be on the team in two years

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
He has 1000% more career TDs than Deuce Vaughn and 50% as many as Dowdle. He can go both ways and dominate
Midget Vaughn another reason Mcclay is over rated. Wasted pick. And don’t tell me well he was a sixth round pick so it don’t matter cuz Tom Brady was a 6 th round pick. Glad you brought him up.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Well we have been told he is the de facto general manager. He just got a new title and a new raise. He was supposedly interviewing for a few gm jobs. So. We have been told he is making picks and not Jerry
you actually believed that BS?

Havic

Reaction score
McClay creates the board, whether or not the team follows it is two different things. McClay is responsible for the Mazi pick.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mazi IS a fart in church. Its there, you just can't ignore it...IT HAPPENED. THAT is Mazi Smith. In Mazi's defense, its not his fault he was over drafted.