2022 Penn State Season

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
What kind of season are you expecting?
Had to say, 9-3 maybe 10 wins. PS comes into a curious situation in 2022, having come off a disappointing 7-6 season, where they rose as high as No. 4 during their 5-0 start, only to come crashing down to end the season.

Key injuries (Quarterback Clifford) & lack of depth at those spots led to a whimper of a finish, but not all hope is lost. I see them winning the opener against Purdue tonight & catching Ohio State sleeping when they visit Happy Valley in October. Womens intuition. ;)

@Jake @ESisback

kev8822

Reaction score

Had to say, 9-3 maybe 10 wins. PS comes into a curious situation in 2022, having come off a disappointing 7-6 season, where they rose as high as No. 4 during their 5-0 start, only to come crashing down to end the season.

Key injuries (Quarterback Clifford) & lack of depth at those spots led to a whimper of a finish, but not all hope is lost. I see them winning the opener against Purdue tonight & catching Ohio State sleeping when they visit Happy Valley in October. Womens intuition. ;)

@Jake @ESisback

Not happening. At least the sleeping part. Penn St always puts up a fight against OSU. No way they overlook that game. They play Northwestern the following week. Not like their focus will be on that game and over look PSU.

Texas2Step41

Reaction score
Purdue not running the ball at all to ice the game was dumb to say the least

ESisback

Reaction score
3 or 4 losses. Ohio State, to make the NCAA happy, probably Michigan too (they’re up this year), and Auburn, because the SEC is so totally awesome. We have a couple of other tough games too.

The Big Ten is only the second or third favorite conference among those that run things, and they favor the teams in this order: 1)OSU, 2)Michigan, 3)Wisconsin, 4)PSU, 5)Iowa, 6) Everyone else. So a big hill to climb.

Not sold on Clifford, but they’ll ride him until he’s too hurt to be effective. Sorry to be an Eeyore, but I miss my dominant Penn State.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Although Auburn didn't have the best record last season, it was still nice seeing a SEC team being man handled by a Big 10 squad.
We miss you Micah!

ESisback

Reaction score
I look for us to destroy Central Michigan. Probably about 38-3 in the third, we insert mostly backups, making the final something like 59-17. Then it’s Northwestern, with a score something like 42-6.

Then comes the showdown in the Big House.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I look for us to destroy Central Michigan. Probably about 38-3 in the third, we insert mostly backups, making the final something like 59-17. Then it’s Northwestern, with a score something like 42-6.

Then comes the showdown in the Big House.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
PSU 33
Central Michigan 14

4-0

WE ARE!✊
I'm sorry, but Clifford continues scaring me. He's either on or off. Never a mid section with him. I DO like our backup, Allar. Whe he came in for Clifford there was a massive ovation early in the third quarter. His presence was felt immediately in the game, as the energy in the stadium quickly took an upwards turn.

Allar finished the game completing six of eight passes for 88 yards & a pair of touchdowns, the first two in his college career, finishing the game with a qb rating of 249.9. But it wasn’t his stat line that wowed us fans. The kid had a strong, yet comfortable presence in the pocket & looked like a seasoned veteran. That’s not common for a true freshman to have, as he looked way above his age in that game. Kinda like a McSorley?!

Nice seeing PS keep winning. It keeps the haters from posting....:muttley:

ESisback

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but Clifford continues scaring me. He's either on or off. Never a mid section with him. I DO like our backup, Allar. Whe he came in for Clifford there was a massive ovation early in the third quarter. His presence was felt immediately in the game, as the energy in the stadium quickly took an upwards turn.

Allar finished the game completing six of eight passes for 88 yards & a pair of touchdowns, the first two in his college career, finishing the game with a qb rating of 249.9. But it wasn’t his stat line that wowed us fans. The kid had a strong, yet comfortable presence in the pocket & looked like a seasoned veteran. That’s not common for a true freshman to have, as he looked way above his age in that game. Kinda like a McSorley?!

Nice seeing PS keep winning. It keeps the haters from posting....:muttley:

Cowboys wins too. I’ve seen fewer posts from MountaineerCowboy, Pappydog, gimmetheball, and MarcusRock. All jerks.

Commenator said Allar looks like he’s been in college three years! His passes are crisp and decisive. He has a cannon, and he can fit it in tighter windows. Plus, he’s huge. 6’5”.