227 Israel Mukuamu

My3Sons

Reaction score
Just spent some time watching his tape and redraft interview. I really like this kid.
  • Name: Israel Mukuamu
  • Position:Cornerback
  • College: South Carolina
  • Height/Weight: 6-3/205
The Rundown: Mukuamu was a second-team All-SEC selection in 2019, when he posted a team-high 4 interceptions and 13 pass breakups for the Gamecocks. A groin injury limited him to six games last season and he opted out of the final three games after head coach Will Muschamp's firing, but he still managed to lead the team in interceptions for the second straight year (2).

How He Fits In: If the Cowboys plan to play Mukuamu at cornerback, he fits the same mold as their first two cornerback draft picks. Second-rounder Kelvin Joseph, third-rounder Nahshon Wright and Mukuamu are tall, long corners with the frame to play press man coverage. That's been the pattern under new defensive coordinator Dan Quinn. (Think Richard Sherman with the "Legion of Boom" Seahawks.) In fact, Wright and Mukuamu happen to be the tallest corners in this year's class. But it's worth noting that Mukuamu did make one start at safety last year, so he offers versatility at a position the Cowboys have yet to address in this year's draft.

Ran 4.5s 40

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the biggest steals for our draft IMO. I had him a tick below Melifonwu and thought he was a 3rd round talent in a zone heavy scheme.

Well I appreciate you never mentioning that before the draft and possibly messing up their plans.