25 years ago "We will win the ballgame. Put it in 3-inch headlines"

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not those who continue to support and make excuses for jerry and Garrett

Why was this necessary? I want to move on from Garrett too, but does believing that necessitate constantly jabbing and picking a fight without provocation?

Big_D

Reaction score
Not to be outdone, Jerry wants his proclamation put in 4 inch headlines

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Jimmy didnt win anything without Jerry Jones by his side. But whereas Jerry has the last laugh and won a SB even after Jimmy left.

visionary

Reaction score
Why was this necessary? I want to move on from Garrett too, but does believing that necessitate constantly jabbing and picking a fight without provocation?

If you're (not 'you' but the generic 'you') stupid enough to STILL support morons like Jerry and Garrett, no criticism is harsh enough or often enough

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I REMEBER that statement like it was yesterday. I recall I was driving back for the deer lease, listening to the AM channel out west, 800 something, and hearing Jimmy say this... I bet 500 on our Sb win that year.... yeah man that was gutsie as hell, but THAT was our only real HC after Tom...
he was the only head coach outside of landry that has given us a chance at a championship was the good days they are gone and wont return until we get a new gm and he hires a head coach who hires his staff and runs the team his way like jimmy

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He took the pressure off the team and put it on his shoulders.
This was also the game Troy left with a concussion, and Bernie Kosar threw the game clincher to Alvin Harper.
Even Jimmy got Bernie motivated from the bench. :laugh:
Diminishing skills. Remember that?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're (not 'you' but the generic 'you') stupid enough to STILL support morons like Jerry and Garrett, no criticism is harsh enough or often enough

I get it to a point comes up in a discussion, although the name calling and the way some seem to take it personally if others disagree with them doesn't make much sense, but what you are doing is just unsolicited name calling. Frankly I don't think there are nearly as many who support Garrett at this point as some people seem to think anyway, and even if there are it's not as if they have any say in whether Garrett is retained.

I think much of it from some (not necessarily you) is that they believe that unless a person is willing to accuse Garrett of everything from incompetence, to not caring if the team wins, to stealing from the poor, kicking puppies and using the wrong detergent on the uniforms, that has to mean they support Garrett. I don't see it as an emotional issue, and I don't understand personal grudges against Garrett or the small handful of folks that still support him as coach. It's a really more like a business decision, with the only issues being whether he has accomplished what he was hired to do, and if he has been given enough time to do so, and the simple answers are is no, he hasn't accomplished what he was hired to do, and yes, 8 1/2 years is enough time.

visionary

Reaction score
I get it to a point comes up in a discussion, although the name calling and the way some seem to take it personally if others disagree with them doesn't make much sense, but what you are doing is just unsolicited name calling. Frankly I don't think there are nearly as many who support Garrett at this point as some people seem to think.

I think much of it from some (not necessarily you) is that they believe that unless a person is willing to accuse Garrett of everything from incompetence, to not caring if the team wins, to stealing from the poor, kicking puppies and using the wrong detergent on the uniforms, that has to mean they support Garrett. I don't see it as an emotional issue, and I don't understand personal grudges against Garrett or the small handful of folks that still support him as coach. It's a really more like a business decision, with the only issues being whether he has accomplished what he was hired to do, and if he has been given enough time to do so, and the simple answers are is no, he hasn't accomplished what he was hired to do, and yes, 8 1/2 years is enough time.

Why is it they need to come out in support of Garrett?

If they 'feel the need' and can voice their opinion repeatedly why can't people who think he is trash?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Put me in a "Time Machine" and press the button!!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is it they need to come out in support of Garrett?

If they 'feel the need' and can voice their opinion repeatedly why can't people who think he is trash?

You apparently missed my point, which was that expressing an opinion does not necessitate attacking people, and especially when there isn't even an exchange going on with the people you disagree with at the time. The goal should be fair minded discussion, even with people you disagree with. Obviously that's not always possible because some just won't even make an effort to have reasonable discussion, but that doesn't mean everyone has to be unreasonable. The question is, do you want to be one of those who speaks only out of emotion, or do you want to present a reasonable and logical basis for your beliefs. Unsolicited name calling of fans and referring to Garrett as trash seems more like emotion than reason and logic. My question is, why is it necessary to imagine personal grudges to support the belief Garrett should be terminated?

visionary

Reaction score
You apparently missed my point, which was that expressing an opinion does not necessitate attacking people, and especially when there isn't even an exchange going on with the people you disagree with at the time. The goal should be fair minded discussion, even with people you disagree with. Obviously that's not always possible because some just won't even make an effort to have reasonable discussion, but that doesn't mean everyone has to be unreasonable. The question is, do you want to be one of those who speaks only out of emotion, or do you want to present a reasonable and logical basis for your beliefs. Unsolicited name calling of fans and referring to Garrett as trash seems more like emotion than reason and logic. My question is, why is it necessary to imagine personal grudges to support the belief Garrett should be terminated?

First of all, I dont hold a "personal grudge" against anyone on this board so not sure why you feel the need to go to a fabricated extreme ? Perhaps because you don't have a point?

Also, these "factual discussions " about Jerry and Garrett have been had on this board for several years. If you are a person with even half a brain, there is no way you should be supportive of these morons. If you are still supportive of them, it means you are either have the intelligence of a 10 year old or are just not paying attention. In either instance, it is not my job to hold your hand and waste my time to try to explain things to you.

Bye