25 years ago "We will win the ballgame. Put it in 3-inch headlines"

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
24 years but a lifetime ago in football years. That was during the 4 year span when Jerry was actually the best GM in the league. Before he decided his comfort and getting credit was a million times more important than winning and he became the worst GM in the league.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Perhaps the most glorious time in the rich history of the Dallas Cowboys........................

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
He was also drunk when he dissed Jerry to having a toast, and pissed Jerry off enough to fire him. Of course Jerry himself was drunk too.
Ya, drunken " good buddies with a joined at the hip working bizness relationship " fights,,,er,,,while not as vindictively violent as a couple of homosexual former gay lovers,,,er,,,
( according to the reports from fellow community dwelling residents who happen to be responding police officers have relayed to me over a Sunday afternoon beer ) do tend to leave lingering wounds :lmao:o_O:lmao:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First of all, I dont hold a "personal grudge" against anyone on this board so not sure why you feel the need to go to a fabricated extreme ? Perhaps because you don't have a point?

Also, these "factual discussions " about Jerry and Garrett have been had on this board for several years. If you are a person with even half a brain, there is no way you should be supportive of these morons. If you are still supportive of them, it means you are either have the intelligence of a 10 year old or are just not paying attention. In either instance, it is not my job to hold your hand and waste my time to try to explain things to you.

Bye

lol - well, it's a bit unbelievable for you to claim you have no personal grudge when you are calling people "stupid" and "moron" and other silly insults, and going after people without being provoked or without even being in a conversation with the people you are ranting about. Hell, nobody has even tried to argue with you, yet you are spewing all these silly insults anyway. That seems much more like a personal thing based in emotion than a level headed perspective. If it's not personal then it's just being juvenile for the sake of being juvenile, so that isn't any better.

rags747

Reaction score
He was also drunk when he dissed Jerry to having a toast, and pissed Jerry off enough to fire him. Of course Jerry himself was drunk too.
Well certainly I imagine that any one of us in that same position would have done the same exact thing. Don't see too many lame wrists on this board although there are some.

mrmojo

Reaction score
That was the SB winner for 3 years straight whoever won the NFC Championship game.Great teams on both sides. I miss the dynasty teams and their were other great teams...the Bills, Oilers, Packers, Eagles, Steelers......just a great era for footbal and the Cowboys on top was icing on the cake. By that time you knew the Cowboys were gonna win because Jimmy Johnson was the coach.....the confidence as a fan was off the charts.........and is probably why I got so spoiled and am so bitter now

RD21

Reaction score
I paid $250 for lower-level seats for that game. Now? You pay double-that for regular season games. Cost/Benefit is gross.
Here's my ticket stub for my seat at an NFC Championship game we were in.

enhance

I think there's been a little inflation since..hahaha.
Couldn't imagine what a front row, mid field seat would cost today for an NFC Championship game. Glad I was able to go to when I did, even though we lost the game.

I'll never make it to a Super Bowl. Too pricey these days. I could never justify the ridiculous expense, even if we were playing in it. I'd rather watch in the comfort of my living room :)

I've been to two NBA finals games. Had good seats in those too. However, they were MUCH cheaper than nose bleeds at the SB today.

RD21

Reaction score
That was the SB winner for 3 years straight whoever won the NFC Championship game.Great teams on both sides. I miss the dynasty teams and their were other great teams...the Bills, Oilers, Packers, Eagles, Steelers......just a great era for footbal and the Cowboys on top was icing on the cake. By that time you knew the Cowboys were gonna win because Jimmy Johnson was the coach.....the confidence as a fan was off the charts.........and is probably why I got so spoiled and am so bitter now
Try 13 years straight. Starting with the '84 Niners, & going all NFC SB Champs till the '97 Donkeys won it.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Try 13 years straight. Starting with the '84 Niners, & going all NFC SB Champs till the '97 Donkeys won it.
True, but I was speaking of the Niners and Cowboys matchup specifically.