25 years, let it go

Diehardblues

Reaction score
BS, I am not trying to divide anyone and didn't call anyone out. I didn't discredit anyone.
Not individually .

I have no issue with fans feeling optimism with Fat Mikey. But why must they bash those who don’t ?

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I haven't been this excited since Romo took over. I expect a longer of changes for better on defense and special teams, something long overdue. I expect the realization from the coaches that Dak will be a major issue if we want to take another step forward.
Yeah, I'm not necessarily a McC fan, but man, this staff just has to be more competent.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m fine with the optimism. I just don’t think it’s necessary attempting to prop yourself up by bashing those who aren’t.
What forum are you reading?

By the very definition of the words, optimists, in general, are most positive and embracing of others than pessimists. They are *absolutely* more fun...

The pessimists and cynics, you know the ones that no one wants to invite to a party, usually enter threads and look to disrupt and antagonize and, more than anything, spoil any joy or happiness that may have been expressed by other posters.

If 90% of a posters threads are negative in tone and content, at some point, the posters who are trying to enjoy themselves are going to get annoyed and speak up.

Misery loves company but company usually tells them to ****

I submit a recreation of a classic Cowboys moment. The year was 1989 and your hero faced a definitive moment in his career as a coach. He came face to face with a hardened cynic.

“But Cooooach, I have chronic pessimism and a cynical view of my favorite pastime and these other peoples smiles make me maaaad”

"Pessimism my ***! The pessimism forum is over there!" as he pointed to the logout button

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not necessarily a McC fan, but man, this staff just has to be more competent.
Unless all of our issues weren’t just coaching related.

And that’s what I’m most excited about . Maybe we wont blame the coaching if we have similar results. Like with our talent perhaps being over hyped.

Im assuming if we truly are talented enough team as hyped with this coaching staff we no longer will have excuses. We can then go after the talent if we fail?

kskboys

Reaction score
Unless all of our issues weren’t just coaching related.

And that’s what I’m most excited about . Maybe we wont blame the coaching if we have similar results. Like with our talent perhaps being over hyped.

Im assuming if we truly are talented enough team as hyped with this coaching staff we no longer will have excuses. We can then go after the talent if we fail?
One of the biggest problems was huge weaknesses in key areas. Those weaknesses played a big part in derailing us. Yeah, we have some talent, but we also have some major deficiencies in some areas.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dislike SF as much as any team in our division. It's been hurtful watching them build a great team.

Go Chiefs!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
One of the biggest problems was huge weaknesses in key areas. Those weaknesses played a big part in derailing us. Yeah, we have some talent, but we also have some major deficiencies in some areas.
Agreed but that wasn’t how this teams talent was hyped.

It was hyped as a SB contender talent that should be going deeper in playoffs. Coaching was holding us back.

I understand we may not agree with the hype but that’s what drives public and media perception and ultimately team decisions.

kskboys

Reaction score

It was hyped as a SB contender talent that should be going deeper in playoffs. Coaching was holding us back.

I understand we may not agree with the hype but that’s what drives public and media perception and ultimately team decisions.
I don't pay attention to the hype. And very little to the media. Mostly, there's about a dozen guys on this site who are much more accurate than any talking head. Those are the people I listen to, along w/ any scouting report I can get my hands on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't pay attention to the hype. And very little to the media. Mostly, there's about a dozen guys on this site who are much more accurate than any talking head. Those are the people I listen to, along w/ any scouting report I can get my hands on.
Like I said I agree and understand but that’s not what drives public and media perception and team decisions.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Not individually .

I have no issue with fans feeling optimism with Fat Mikey. But why must they bash those who don’t ?

Coach didn't bash anyone, what are you reading? You're reading into a post something that wasn't even there. Give it a break. *SMH*

Last edited:

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a fan. I have no coaching experience, don't know how to diagram a successful play or pinpoint what a players strengths and weaknesses are. If I can see the Cowboys need stronger, bigger DT'S, you'd think anyone/everyone could see that.

cern

Reaction score

It's only hype if you believe it. Otherwise it's trade puffery. Which is the best analgesic. The best burger? The best fries?.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I'm a fan. I have no coaching experience, don't know how to diagram a successful play or pinpoint what a players strengths and weaknesses are. If I can see the Cowboys need stronger, bigger DT'S, you'd think anyone/everyone could see that.

I totally agree Chuck, but then I've never built a stadium or gone to Princeton. That's where you learn to lose games. :muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's only hype if you believe it. Otherwise it's trade puffery. Which is the best analgesic. The best burger? The best fries?.
The mass believed it. And that’s all that really matters because they drive the public and media perception which ultimately influences team decisions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The question I have is now that we have better coaching can we now hold our talent more accountable?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Coach didn't bash anyone, what are you reading? You're reading into a post something that wasn't even there. Give it a break. *SMH*
I wasn’t talking just about this thread. It’s been the theme since Fat Mikey was named HC.

He’s our Savior from the Evil Garrett who has sabotaged us for 10 years. And if you don’t believe it or see the light then you must be evil.

I’ve seen this crappola before but not from Coach. He even asked why I was still a Cowboy fan if I was so unhappy. This 25 year thread is just another attempt to praise his Savior and bash those who don’t.

Last edited: