25 years, let it go

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And like I said, that simply doesn't concern me.
It does me because team decisions are made from those perceptions not the 12 guys you follow on here.

Let me ask you this . Are you going to hold our talent more accountable with better coaching?

nobody

Reaction score
It does me because team decisions are made from those perceptions not the 12 guys you follow on here.

Let me ask you this . Are you going to hold our talent more accountable with better coaching?

Yes, with a caveat. I expect a few roadbumps this first year due to a new offensive system and culture shock from the players who now have to deal with real coaching.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Unless all of our issues weren’t just coaching related.

And that’s what I’m most excited about . Maybe we wont blame the coaching if we have similar results. Like with our talent perhaps being over hyped.

Im assuming if we truly are talented enough team as hyped with this coaching staff we no longer will have excuses. We can then go after the talent if we fail?
nope, make it work with the current players or go find another team to coach.../sarcasm

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m fine with the optimism. I just don’t think it’s necessary attempting to prop yourself up by bashing those who aren’t.
What forum are you reading?

By the very definition of the words, optimists, in general, are most positive and embracing of others than pessimists. They are *absolutely* more fun...

The pessimists and cynics, you know the ones that no one wants to invite to a party, usually enter threads and look to disrupt and antagonize and, more than anything, spoil any joy or happiness that may have been expressed by other posters.

If 90% of a posters threads are negative in tone and content, at some point, the posters who are trying to enjoy themselves are going to get annoyed and speak up

Misery loves company but company usually tells them to ****

Your comments, and there are a couple of them in this thread, read like a call for “haters rights”. Cynics, especially those whose MO is to troll the forum and being everyone down, are *not* a protected class of poster.

They can disagree on any football topic they like with anyone, of any opinion, but when they are just sorry, and many of them are, they need to have a light shone on them.

Dont reward bad behavior by shielding them behind mama’s apron.

I submit a recreation of a classic Cowboys moment for your reading pleasure. Please feel free to crank up the victrola, complete with skips and scratches. An moment when your hero was faced with a hardened cynic.

“But Cooooach, I have chronic pessimism and these other peoples smiles make me maaaad”

"Pessimism my ***! The pessimism forum is over there!" as he points to the logout button.
I wasn’t talking just about this thread. It’s been the theme since Fat Mikey was named HC.

He’s our Savior from the Evil Garrett who has sabotaged us for 10 years. And if you don’t believe it or see the light then you must be evil.

I’ve seen this crappola before but not from Coach. He even asked why I was still a Cowboy fan if I was so unhappy. This 25 year thread is just another attempt to praise his Savior and bash those who don’t.
What is your obsession with fat? In every post now you comment on MM’s weight. Are you fat? They say we most resent in others what we resent in ourselves.

Are there other physical aspects of our coaches or players you think are relevant to the discussion?

if he weight 500 pounds would it make a difference to the decisions me makes?

unless you are sizing him up for a dangerous liaison of your own, it just seems like a bit of childish name calling

Base name-calling is the last resort of someone who has nothing to say.

Oh, and if you respond, prepare for my come back of “nanna nanna boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

You may have busted that one out a time or two when you were a child. Your grand children probably use it now.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I wasn’t talking just about this thread. It’s been the theme since Fat Mikey was named HC.

He’s our Savior from the Evil Garrett who has sabotaged us for 10 years. And if you don’t believe it or see the light then you must be evil.

I’ve seen this crappola before but not from Coach. He even asked why I was still a Cowboy fan if I was so unhappy. This 25 year thread is just another attempt to praise his Savior and bash those who don’t.
What is your obsession with fat? In every post now you comment on MM’s weight. Are you overweight?

They say we most resent in others what we resent in ourselves.

If you are concerned about your weight and want to do something about it, there are better ways to address the problem without calling other people names.

Are there other physical aspects of our coaches or players you think are relevant to the discussion? Would you Like to begin referring to Jason Witten as “Baldy”? Perhaps there are other names that you feel are really insightful and stinging. I’ll leave it to your imagination.

If MM weighted 500 pounds would it make a difference to the decisions me makes?

Unless you are sizing him up for a liaison of your own, and his weight is not sexually attractive to you, it just seems like a bit of childish name calling that serves no purpose

Oh, and if you respond, prepare for my come back of “nanna nanna boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

You may have busted that one out a time or two when you were a child. Your grand children probably use it now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What is your obsession with fat? In every post now you comment on MM’s weight. Are you overweight?

They say we most resent in others what we resent in ourselves.

If you are concerned about your weight and want to do something about it, there are better ways to address the problem without calling other people names.

Are there other physical aspects of our coaches or players you think are relevant to the discussion? Would you Like to begin referring to Jason Witten as “Baldy”? Perhaps there are other names that you feel are really insightful and stinging. I’ll leave it to your imagination.

If MM weighted 500 pounds would it make a difference to the decisions me makes?

Unless you are sizing him up for a liaison of your own, and his weight is not sexually attractive to you, it just seems like a bit of childish name calling that serves no purpose

Fat Mikey is a pun from Big Mike. All in fun. Like Red Jesus or the Clapper.

If I was Fat I’d probably be more sensitive about the pun.

tm1119

Reaction score
In 1996 there were people still complaining that Jerry fired Landry. Jerry had just won 3 Super Bowls in 7 years of owning the team.

People can't see that firing Garrett was the end of Jerry being involved as the GM. Stephen Jones is now handles all GM duties; although his title is CEO and director of player personnel. As somebody posted Jerry is not even at the Senior Bowl.

They can now operate like a regular team. If McCarty fails then SJ will fire him and get somebody else. SJ won't have to dance around Jerry's attachment to Garrett.

McCarthy is hiring his assistants. Garrett never really did that in part because Garrett didn't have "his guys" from previous jobs because he was never anybody's boss before coming to the Cowboys.

1. that’s all wild speculation on your part. No one outside of the cowboys organization could know this
2. Stephen is just as unqualified to be an NFL GM as his father. Arguably less

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

By the very definition of the words, optimists, in general, are most positive and embracing of others than pessimists. They are *absolutely* more fun...

The pessimists and cynics, you know the ones that no one wants to invite to a party, usually enter threads and look to disrupt and antagonize and, more than anything, spoil any joy or happiness that may have been expressed by other posters.

If 90% of a posters threads are negative in tone and content, at some point, the posters who are trying to enjoy themselves are going to get annoyed and speak up

Your comments, and there are a couple of them in this thread, read like a call for “haters rights”. Cynics, especially those whose MO is to troll the forum and being everyone down, are *not* a protected class of poster.

They can disagree on any football topic they like with anyone, of any opinion, but when they are just sorry, and many of them are, they need to have a light shone on them.

I submit a recreation of a classic Cowboys moment for your reading pleasure. Please feel free to crank up the victrola, complete with skips and scratches. An moment when your hero was faced with a hardened cynic.

“But Cooooach, I have chronic pessimism and these other peoples smiles make me maaaad”

"Pessimism my ***! The pessimism forum is over there!" as he points to the logout button.

What is your obsession with fat? In every post now you comment on MM’s weight. Are you fat? They say we most resent in others what we resent in ourselves.

Are there other physical aspects of our coaches or players you think are relevant to the discussion?

unless you are sizing him up for a dangerous liaison of your own, it just seems like a bit of childish name calling

Im about defending everyone’s rights. You’re new to the scene here. I have over a decades history with most.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
1. that’s all wild speculation on your part. No one outside of the cowboys organization could know this
2. Stephen is just as unqualified to be an NFL GM as his fathers. Arguably less
Correct...I’d argue less qualified.

As bad as Jerry is he’s still been able to produce a fairly consistent division contender. And that’s without good coaching and puppets on the most part. The rest of the league who hasn’t performed as well in a more normal situation should be ashamed.

kskboys

Reaction score

Absolutely.

I've said from the start, we cannot know Dak's potential unless he gets a competent coach. He now has one. We will soon find out. Which is one of the reasons I mostly stay out of any Dak argument. (And regret when I foolishly do enter in!!) Those are really stupid right now, and will be decided shortly anyway, so I really don't understand the need to declare his suckiness/greatness at this point. Some really strange desire to be right?

kskboys

Reaction score
2. Stephen is just as unqualified to be an NFL GM as his father. Arguably less
Correct...I’d argue less qualified.

As bad as Jerry is he’s still been able to produce a fairly consistent division contender. And that’s without good coaching and puppets on the most part. The rest of the league who hasn’t performed as well in a more normal situation should be ashamed.
Disagree. Stephen has been raised around NFL football. Jerry was not. That alone makes him more qualified. And if Stephen is true to his word and hires a GM when his pappy is out of the pic, that alone would make him a monumentally better GM than Jerry.

kskboys

Reaction score

I think changing the nanna's to nanny's helps w/ the flow.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Disagree. Stephen has been raised around NFL football. Jerry was not. That alone makes him more qualified. And if Stephen is true to his word and hires a GM when his pappy is out of the pic, that alone would make him a monumentally better GM than Jerry.
I agree in that If Stephen hires a GM that will make him greater. Which BTW I believe he will not follow in his Daddys footsteps.

But for now I truly don’t see why we’d think he’s better than his mentor? His instincts alone concern me. The RB by committee was one of worst decisions this era.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree in that If Stephen hires a GM that will make him greater. Which BTW I believe he will not follow in his Daddys footsteps.

But for now I truly don’t see why we’d think he’s better than his mentor? His instincts alone concern me. The RB by committee was one of worst decisions this era.
I just told you!!!!! SJ has been associated w/ NFL football for years. I would imagine he's been learning.

The only way he isn't better is if he didn't learn from the fiascos such as Esco and Mo. And thinking any RB can run behind our OL. I would say off hand that the chances are slim he's not already better. Not that it would take much!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I just told you!!!!! SJ has been associated w/ NFL football for years. I would imagine he's been learning.

The only way he isn't better is if he didn't learn from the fiascos such as Esco and Mo. And thinking any RB can run behind our OL. I would say off hand that the chances are slim he's not already better. Not that it would take much!!!
Why would we think he’s learned more than his mentor during same time frame?

kskboys

Reaction score
Why would we think he’s learned more than his mentor during same time frame?
Manziel fiasco, JG firing, competent contract negotiations, much better FA handling. Amongst a ton of other stuff.

If SJ hasn't learned, he's beyond dumb. All signs point toward him at least learning some things.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Manziel fiasco, JG firing, competent contract negotiations, much better FA handling. Amongst a ton of other stuff.

If SJ hasn't learned, he's beyond dumb. All signs point toward him at least learning some things.
You’re assuming those were all his influences. The JG firing was all Jerry.

Jerry is much better than some give him credit or we’d be 4-12 every year.

Jerry is the GM. He receives all credit and blame. Can’t pick and choose.

He has had greater influences like with Jimmy, Bill and Jason.

kskboys

Reaction score
You’re assuming those were all his influences. The JG firing was all Jerry.

Jerry is much better than some give him credit or we’d be 4-12 every year.

Jerry is the GM. He receives all credit and blame. Can’t pick and choose.
All Jerry? Now who's assuming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!