273 rushing yards allowed, 0 sacks, 0 ints, what happened?

KingRah

Reaction score
Marrinelli needs to leave. His stupid idea that smaller faster 1 tech is the way to go hurts this team when they play top teams. They always get exposed like this. I am sick of the schemes this team plays.
I've said it for years. its sad because rod is great in so many other ways, but his philosophy hurts the team. if he was an assistant coach, he'd be better. Let another guy be dc so they can pick better DTs. This team is a H Ngata type dt away from a super bowl. in spite of how bad the line played, we win this game if we hold them to half the rushing yards. We also need Gregory to take a step forward next year to help d law. being talented and getting an occasional sack isn't enough. we need a guy who can take over a game when d law is hurt. that guys not currently on the team. Not even earl Thomas helps us today.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
BTW, It is comforting to know that Lawrence will get paid Mack money because Jerry reads this CZ site and everyone here is begging Jerry to back the Brinks truck up to Lawrences' house.

So we will pay Dak top QB money. Check
Lawrence top DE money. Check
Byron Jones top CB money. Check
Zeke top RB money. Check
Cooper top WR money. Check
Then all scrubs to fill the rest of the team. Congrats.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw Richards losing his stuff, and I saw our players sitting on the bench looking through him, looking like they were waiting on an oil change.
Yelling at players doesn't make them play better, they got their butts kicked up between their shoulder blades by that OL, they needed a better plan. And the Cowboys DL was over-rated.

The real problem is that management will think they're closer when they're actually further away. That's what a glass is always half full GM will do to a team.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Byron covrered great for 3 months. it allowed the safety to help elsewhere. he's been absolutely garbage ever since the eagles caught that bomb on him. the defense declined with his play. The pass rush also disappeared not entirely because of that. D law has been a no show for a month 1/2. . he's sacks stopped after announcing his rotator cuff injury. I wouldn't resign Byron for more than 6 million a year. I wouldn't resign d law for more than 13 million. He didn't show up today or against the colts.

Agreed Jones didn't play at an all-pro level the last 3-4 weeks or so. Not sure why the drop-off.

Reaction score
Sheesh. I think Richard just got comfortable.
Yep it’s all on 1st year coach Kris, how many years are we waiting for Garrett to field a competitive team, the buck stops anywhere but at the top with this team, you are an embarrassment. I have to honestly ask, “how many years will you give Garrett before he can even reach a conference championship game”, he has been in sole charge of the offense for over a decade and last I checked defense was a pert of benign a HEAD COACH. I Get that Jerry is terrible, but Garett after over a decade is just not tha guy....

noletime95

Reaction score
Yelling at players doesn't make them play better, they got their butts kicked up between their shoulder blades by that OL, they needed a better plan. And the Cowboys DL was over-rated.

The real problem is that management will think they're closer when they're actually further away. That's what a glass is always half full GM will do to a team.
Exactly. We now know this front 7 is a fraud. The OL is not what it once was. Yet Jerry will be handing out contracts this offseason like candy on Halloween

Cowfan75

Reaction score

I agree, but I was shocked to see the listless body language of the defense the entire game. After how fired up they have been in recent weeks, just looked like they didn't even want to be there.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I've said it for years. its sad because rod is great in so many other ways, but his philosophy hurts the team. if he was an assistant coach, he'd be better. Let another guy be dc so they can pick better DTs. This team is a H Ngata type dt away from a super bowl. in spite of how bad the line played, we win this game if we hold them to half the rushing yards. We also need Gregory to take a step forward next year to help d law. being talented and getting an occasional sack isn't enough. we need a guy who can take over a game when d law is hurt. that guys not currently on the team. Not even earl Thomas helps us today.
Earl Thomas would make a HUGE difference and likely would have forced multiple punts himself. We are that bad at safety. Earl doesn't stare inside just standing there while Goff runs for a first down like Heath did.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
We still need a 1 tech and still need a safety.

Nothing new really, all the winning.......still the same problems.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
This defense was similar to the jets in REvis's prime. Revis was so good at coverage, that it allowed the rest of the defense to help in other areas. If he didn't cover his man, the defense couldn't be elite.
Byron covrered great for 3 months. it allowed the safety to help elsewhere. he's been absolutely garbage ever since the eagles caught that bomb on him. the defense declined with his play. The pass rush also disappeared not entirely because of that. D law has been a no show for a month 1/2. . he's sacks stopped after announcing his rotator cuff injury. I wouldn't resign Byron for more than 6 million a year. I wouldn't resign d law for more than 13 million. He didn't show up today or against the colts.
Agree. Lawrence has been relegated to just a good against the run DE. Yet he wants elite pass rushing DE money? Lol. Jerry is stupid and will give him what he wants. Not deserves just what he wants. Lawrence is no longer elite. He might be top 15 at best now.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
273 rushing yards allowed, 0 sacks, 0 ints.

I didn't see that coming after the amazing job they did vs the run last week.

What happened?
The defense got the poop beat out of them, that's what happened. Every man got beat repeatedly, they got shoved around, pushed around, manhandled.