273 rushing yards allowed, 0 sacks, 0 ints, what happened?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
This.
Mauled, Man handled, men against boys. It was like one of those Osborne coached Husker squads playing some division II cupcake.

And it wasn't just because Anderson and Gurley ripped off a couple of long ones to skew the average.

Naw, they really did eat up 6 to 7 yards a pop. Dallas E-fense. "D" pulled a major no show.

So lets all celebrate a Clapper extension.
And then the rewarding of an un deserved hundred million dollar contract.

Followed by infinite off-season discussion on how theyre young and next year's potential and yada yada yada.

I'm still stuck in Groundhog Day along with the rest of you guys, 23 years and counting with no end in sight.

Oh yeah, cant figure out if these comments make me a pollyanna, hater or realist either, hmmmmmm...
I am sure the excuse train will be arriving soon to unload all of the reasons why they got their asssssses handed to them.

"We will work on that in the offseason and will get better"

"We will watch the tape and see where it went wrong"

"We are committed to get better. We can play better. We just didn't play our best."

Sound familiar?

cowboyec

Reaction score
we got shoved around for 4Qtrs.
I don't know what surprised me more....being gutted on the ground or not being able to get pressure on goff.
hopefully in the draft we address the 1T spot...and work on tackling.

iamliko22

Reaction score
crazy that if Id have a chance before game to bet what blew it.. id have thought it was the D that showed up..... I wouldve been wrong.. IDK what the problem is .... I dont feel bad though.. seems a billionaire cant figure it out either.

windjc

Reaction score
273 rushing yards allowed, 0 sacks, 0 ints.

I didn't see that coming after the amazing job they did vs the run last week.

What happened?
I was at the game. LA froze the linebackers with misdirections just like they do everyone and it worked. But LVE and others in the defensive were on their heels the entire game.

The front 4 generated no pressures or wins. You have to win at the point if attack and Dallas did not.

The Rams were the better team today.

Soth

Reaction score
The defense got the poop beat out of them, that's what happened. Every man got beat repeatedly, they got shoved around, pushed around, manhandled.

I agree. I don't think it was due to some genius plan by McVay. All the Rams did was run it up the gut all night. Every run play our DTs were getting pushed around and driven back. I saw our DT's on the ground too often.

Something similar happened against the Colts. Our defense can't handle a talented physical offensive line + physical RB.

RayA

Reaction score
Yep, a real fat lane clogging tackle, but we won't get that until Marinelli is gone.
Imagine the rotation with moving Woods to a 3 tech and getting a couple of real 1 techs. You could work with all kinds of combinations

jblaze2004

Reaction score
273 rushing yards allowed, 0 sacks, 0 ints.

I didn't see that coming after the amazing job they did vs the run last week.

What happened?
Mcvay offense and misdirection. Run a lot of plays from the same look.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
The Rams Oline who have had the same 5 starters all season dominated the game!

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I am slack-jawed to see a defense with LVE and Jaylon Smith (and some Sean Lee) get embarrassed like that.

The Rams ran it 48 times!

Not in a million years would I have predicted the Rams would have 2 different 100 yards backs.
I think it validates the idea good defense or not, most games are won with the QB"s arm.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Choking is when you blow a big lead or fall to an inferior opponent. I saw neither happen last night.
True, but it’s also a failure to show up and maintaining your performance in a highly important situation, just like our D did.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
True, but it’s also a failure to show up and maintaining your performance in a highly important situation, just like our D did.
Saints game aside, which offensive juggernaut did the defense shut down? In retrospect, it appears Dallas caught the Saints snoozing. IOW, they may have feathered their war bonnet from victories over mediocre and sub-par opponents. That is NOT what they faced last night.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We were simply:

1) not focused
2) out coached...badly.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Saints game aside, which offensive juggernaut did the defense shut down? In retrospect, it appears Dallas caught the Saints snoozing.
Maybe it was all smoke and mirrors with that game making us think this team was better than it was. Also seemed like the slippery field neautralized the d’s speed. We can blame whoever we want, but truth of the matter is, they were just better than the Cowboys on this night.