Drafted by Cowboys 2nd Round - Pick 58 - TE Luke Schoonmaker (Michigan)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m all for the team taking their guys over the “popular“ guys but I didn’t really get this one.
Yeah, I really don't get this one either. I guess they know something most of us don't.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Feels like the ultimate safe pick to me. The guy can do everything but no single trait really stands out. Good size and quickness combo should be a matchup problem for defenses in the red zone.

Feels very similar to the guys already on the roster, but last year the cowboys played 3 and even 4 TE sets more than people realize so that could be OK.

I struggle to say this was a horrible pick, as I think Schoonmaker could contribute right away, but the ceiling feels pretty low for a 2nd round pick here as he’s probably another 20 snap per game type of player year 1….even if he does get more playing time I’d say he’s marginally at best better than Ferguson.

Solid C from me.

kevm3

Reaction score
This was our needs pick that we will be rueing that we didn't take the other obvious guy

RS12

Reaction score
This pick screams they’re not as high on Jake Ferguson as the fans are.
My guess is Ferguson and Hendershot look much better as 4th and 5th options on a play, than 2nd and 3rd.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Better athlete than first thought but the pick leaves a lot to be desired. Will turn 25 this year, so would get a 2nd contract at 29?

Im sorry i keep seeing this ras score on him he sure as hell didnt play or look that athletic on film