D. Lawrence (DT)
J. Tillery (DT)
G. Willis (DT)
J. Abrams (S)
N. Adderley (S)
J. Polite (DE)
B. Burns (DE)

Few things of note:

- I’m not drafting a TE in the 2nd unless it’s a clear cut better prospect that Schultz who had a 3rd/4th round grade. As of now, the guys I like are Fant and Smith who will be gone.

- I could be talked out of DE. If the team feels good about Gregory, and the progression of Taco / Armstrong probably don’t need to go this route. If not, great year to take advantage of a loaded class.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
DT- Saunders
DT- Gaines
RG- Lindstrom
DE- LG Collier

If any of those are there at 58, you better get him.

cnuball21

Reaction score
DT- Saunders
DT- Gaines
RG- Lindstrom
DE- LG Collier

I think that’s be a reach for those DTs.

And why are we looking at Gs? Do you not feel good about the 2nd rounder we just drafted?

The Realist

Reaction score
D. Lawrence (DT)
J. Tillery (DT)
G. Willis (DT)
J. Abrams (S)
N. Adderley (S)
J. Polite (DE)
B. Burns (DE)

Few things of note:

- I’m not drafting a TE in the 2nd unless it’s a clear cut better prospect that Schultz who had a 3rd/4th round grade. As of now, the guys I like are Fant and Smith who will be gone.

- I could be talked out of DE. If the team feels good about Gregory, and the progression of Taco / Armstrong probably don’t need to go this route. If not, great year to take advantage of a loaded class.

We’re moving to a 3-4?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
D. Lawrence (DT)
J. Tillery (DT)
G. Willis (DT)
J. Abrams (S)
N. Adderley (S)
J. Polite (DE)
B. Burns (DE)

Few things of note:

Stephen was pretty clear he wanted to upgrade our TE position this offseason. Luck for us the position is loaded via draft AND free agency. Just me but I'd much rather sign a vet TE and likely get the same impact Cooper brought to the WR unit. Like Cooper, he can hit the ground running. I'm not burning a high pick on DE, WR, or RB unless a solid first-round talent falls to 58. Otherwise, I'm using 58 at OT, DT, LBer or S.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Stephen was pretty clear he wanted to upgrade our TE position this offseason. Luck for us the position is loaded via draft AND free agency. Just me but I'd much rather sign a vet TE and likely get the same impact Cooper brought to the WR unit. Like Cooper, he can hit the ground running. I'm not burning a high pick on DE, WR, or RB unless a solid first-round talent falls to 58. Otherwise, I'm using 58 at OT, DT, LBer or S.

I agree on the FA TE route. Just feels like a wasted pick seeing as we just drafted a mid round prospect, and a lot of the dudes after Irv and Fant appear to be mid round prospects.

What FA TEs are out there?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Lol, are you throwing in the towel after 1 season on him? Dude was a fringe first round talent pre draft.
Throwing in the towel is a stretch. But thinking Connor Williams is as good as Lindstrom is the stretch. Unlike Connor, Lindstrom is strong enough right now to play against the biggies we play in the NFCE. Connor is a competant backup which always has value.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Throwing in the towel is a stretch. But thinking Connor Williams is as good as Lindstrom is the stretch. Unlike Connor, Lindstrom is strong enough right now to play against the biggies we play in the NFCE. Connor is a competant backup which always has value.

Willams was a fringe 1st round talent that progressed as the season went on and is coming off a game where he held his ground against Donald and Suh. He needs to add power, but I like what I saw this year and don’t see why he won’t continue to get better.

What are you basing your claims on for Lindstrom being a better prospect coming out then Williams?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I agree on the FA TE route. Just feels like a wasted pick seeing as we just drafted a mid round prospect, and a lot of the dudes after Irv and Fant appear to be mid round prospects.

What FA TEs are out there?

Ebron -Colts
Cook - Raiders
Eifert -Bengals ( injury issues)
Jessie James -Pitt
CJ Uzomah - Bengals

Not sure why Ebron not on Spotrac list below but according to Roto he should be

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9390/eric-ebron
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tight-end/

Reactions: BAT

cnuball21

Reaction score

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
DT- Saunders
DT- Gaines
RG- Lindstrom
DE- LG Collier

Collier is a LE. Love him but the need for this team is providing insurance for Gregory which means a speed rusher off the right side.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Don't see Dre'Mont Jones get mentioned enough. Seen him all over the place as far as draft ranking, but he's not going to be a 5tech, he's not going to be a 1T/NT, he's basically a 3tech only in a 4-3 which means he might fall a bit because this draft is loaded on DL.

Renell Wren is on our list. They played him at NT in college, which was a waste.

Hockenson is really the only TE on my wish list in round 2.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Don't see Dre'Mont Jones get mentioned enough. Seen him all over the place as far as draft ranking, but he's not going to be a 5tech, he's not going to be a 1T/NT, he's basically a 3tech only in a 4-3 which means he might fall a bit because this draft is loaded on DL.

Renell Wren is on our list. They played him at NT in college, which was a waste.

Hockenson is really the only TE on my wish list in round 2.

Yea, I think Jones is a good one for us to watch.

I’ll have to check out Wren!