D. Lawrence (DT)
J. Tillery (DT)
G. Willis (DT)
J. Abrams (S)
N. Adderley (S)
J. Polite (DE)
B. Burns (DE)

Few things of note:

- I’m not drafting a TE in the 2nd unless it’s a clear cut better prospect that Schultz who had a 3rd/4th round grade. As of now, the guys I like are Fant and Smith who will be gone.

- I could be talked out of DE. If the team feels good about Gregory, and the progression of Taco / Armstrong probably don’t need to go this route. If not, great year to take advantage of a loaded class.
We dont "need" a DE, but you should never be opposed to adding talent there. Especially if there is a good chance a DE is at the top of your board

cnuball21

Reaction score
Kris Richard + Nasir Adderly. Nothing like having a home grown secondary like DAL does now...add the cherry on top at single high w/ a ball hawk.

Love the kid. I’d add Rapp and the Bama safety to this list but I’m guessing they’ll be gone.

Playmaking safety sure would help.

jnday

Reaction score
Willams was a fringe 1st round talent that progressed as the season went on and is coming off a game where he held his ground against Donald and Suh. He needs to add power, but I like what I saw this year and don’t see why he won’t continue to get better.

What are you basing your claims on for Lindstrom being a better prospect coming out then Williams?
It doesn’t matter. If an olineman is the best player available, draft him. You can never have enough good olinemen. This past season is evidence of that. C. Williams may be a better RT. He will be a good player though.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter. If an olineman is the best player available, draft him. You can never have enough good olinemen. This past season is evidence of that. C. Williams may be a better RT. He will be a good player though.

I’d say it does matter. With Williams likely to progress OL is a strength and other units, like S and DL, are not a strength.

I don’t believe in drafting purely for need, but would pressed to imagine us drafting OL unless it’s a C bc we don’t feel good about Freds.

jnday

Reaction score
I’d say it does matter. With Williams likely to progress OL is a strength and other units, like S and DL, are not a strength.

I don’t believe in drafting purely for need, but would pressed to imagine us drafting OL unless it’s a C bc we don’t feel good about Freds.
If Williams looks like a solid replacement for Collins, they will need another OG. Looney played well this year, but he has been a backup quality player. Being satisfied with him as the starting LG would be downgrading the oline.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If Williams looks like a solid replacement for Collins, they will need another OG. Looney played well this year, but he has been a backup quality player. Being satisfied with him as the starting LG would be downgrading the oline.

If the team confirms they’re moving on from Collins and moving Williams to RT, then I’d agree.

Until I hear that from the FO, have no reason so believe it will happen.

jnday

Reaction score
If the team confirms they’re moving on from Collins and moving Williams to RT, then I’d agree.

Until I hear that from the FO, have no reason so believe it will happen.
They might draft a replacement for Collins. There are so many reasons why constantly upgrading the line make sense considering the offense that Dallas runs.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Every year I say DT.
With such a deep class this year, if you tell me we can get a Mack or someone of that ilk in the 3rd - I might look at a slot guy like Samual or the kid who did good at the Senior bowl that's built like a running back, to help Dak.

cnuball21

Reaction score
They might draft a replacement for Collins. There are so many reasons why constantly upgrading the line make sense considering the offense that Dallas runs.

Why would they do that? Wouldn’t make much sense to me...

cristglo

Reaction score
After the Combine you will see an even deeper DL class. I feel there should be a DL S WR TE player at 59 for us to take that will be graded out higher then OL. Williams will be our starting LG next year and for years to come He will work on his strength this Off season and you will like the results. If Dallas was going to move him to Tackle it would be to LT not RT. IMO I would be very surprised if we took OL with our 2 or 3rd picks. Im sure we will add a swing T in FA and dont be surprised if Cam is brought back.

cnuball21

Reaction score
After the Combine you will see an even deeper DL class. I feel there should be a DL S WR TE player at 59 for us to take that will be graded out higher then OL. Williams will be our starting LG next year and for years to come He will work on his strength this Off season and you will like the results. If Dallas was going to move him to Tackle it would be to LT not RT. IMO I would be very surprised if we took OL with our 2 or 3rd picks. Im sure we will add a swing T in FA and dont be surprised if Cam is brought back.

I think you can make an argument we’re looking at a historic DL when thinking about the number of top 50 talents that are going to be in this draft.

Seeing as it is a need, it just feels like a no brained to me for us to go DL with our first selection.

rambo2

Reaction score
Was the last on my list, but likely Beasley and Hurns are both gone, and decoy Austin. I would much rather have a 1 tech DT although I have my doubts that they will address that in the second round.
What they should do is let Beasley walk and sign a free agent dtackle and draft another one in the 3rd or 4th round. They should move up a bit in the 2nd and draft Deebo Samuel.

cristglo

Reaction score
I think you can make an argument we’re looking at a historic DL when thinking about the number of top 50 talents that are going to be in this draft.

Seeing as it is a need, it just feels like a no brained to me for us to go DL with our first selection.
I know its not Rods type because he tends to like smaller 1T and for some reason they just dont value that spot but I for once would love to have a Big Nasty Donald/Suh type at that spot. Cowboys for the last several drafts have never drafted a 1T high I hope it changes this year if the pick is there. I pray that we dont reach for a TE because they feel we need one. I wouldnt be upset though if we went out and got Grady Jarrett either in FA. :)

cnuball21

Reaction score
What they should do is let Beasley walk and sign a free agent dtackle and draft another one in the 3rd or 4th round. They should move up a bit in the 2nd and draft Deebo Samuel.

Move up in the draft for a WR? Yikes...

cnuball21

Reaction score
I know its not Rods type because he tends to like smaller 1T and for some reason they just dont value that spot but I for once would love to have a Big Nasty Donald/Suh type at that spot. Cowboys for the last several drafts have never drafted a 1T high I hope it changes this year if the pick is there. I pray that we dont reach for a TE because they feel we need one. I wouldnt be upset though if we went out and got Grady Jarrett either in FA. :)

Grays Jarret might be my top FA target. Sign him to a deal, and draft a young stud to pair with him inside and that’s an overhaul at DT.

It’s a pipe dream though...I feel like this FO is allergic to DT talent.

rambo2

Reaction score
Move up in the draft for a WR? Yikes...
They sure should.
It gives them 3 receivers that can score from anywhere on the field. It would enable them to throw more and get more points which is what they need to do.

cnuball21

Reaction score
They sure should.
It gives them 3 receivers that can score from anywhere on the field. It would enable them to throw more and get more points which is what they need to do.

If we move up in the draft for a WR without a 1st round pick that would be one of the worst moves I could remember. You move up for a position of need when a top talent falls.

We have a stud #1, and up and coming #2 and we’re run first team.