2nd Round Trade Up Scenarios

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
This thread is to detail a possible 2nd round trade up scenario for us and it needs your hypothetical input..

Players that have the ability to still make a day one impact and become a potential starter.

Ok draft hounds, who are some players that could fall to the second or remain as the projected cream of the crop of the early to mid 2nd round, that you could see Dallas trading up for by using a late pick, or even as much as a fourth as leverage to trade up for? Bare in mind we once used a 2nd and a 3rd to trade up for Tank...

DT -
Safety -
TE -
WR -
OT -
DE -
Or other _______.
Nobody - We are staying put and letting it fall to us.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Safety and DT. They’ll try to deal Jones and/or Lewis. Anthony Brown is a capable corner with Awuzie. Draft or FA for corners.

At least I hope.

Flamma

Reaction score
Safety and DT. They’ll try to deal Jones and/or Lewis. Anthony Brown is a capable corner with Awuzie. Draft or FA for corners.

At least I hope.

I think Brown is a significant downgrade from Jones. That's not to say you're wrong, because without a first I doubt Dallas will be trading 2 high picks to move up to early 2nd.

Maybe Dexter Lawrence could fall to early second, but I doubt it. I doubt the Cowboys do any trading up.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
I think Brown is a significant downgrade from Jones. That's not to say you're wrong, because without a first I doubt Dallas will be trading 2 high picks to move up to early 2nd.

Maybe Dexter Lawrence could fall to early second, but I doubt it. I doubt the Cowboys do any trading up.

Lawrence would be nice.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I'm not really sure. But, just for elaborating on a trade up scenario, the Eagles have two picks before us and the Texans have two picks sandwiched in between the Eagles picks.

The Texans pick at 54, 55. Eagles pick at 53 and 57. NE is also at 56 who very well could take a player we want who is BPA.

Trading up with one of our two 4ths is right on par with draft value for Houston's picks.

It is a possibility.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-nfl-mock-draft-Commanders-pick-qb-in-round-2

Jerry Tillery slated to go at 51: He may be worth moving up.

I like Taylor Rapp also: He might fall to us.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'd consider giving up one of 4th's to move up for a quality DT.

Tillery
Wilkins
Lawrence

I would NOT move up for a S...there's a log jam of 2nd rounders and one will fall to us.

Beaker42

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-nfl-mock-draft-Commanders-pick-qb-in-round-2

Jerry Tillery slated to go at 51: He may be worth moving up.

I like Taylor Rapp also: He might fall to us.
Tillery I’d be OK with moving up for - not Rapp.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'm not really sure. But, just for elaborating on a trade up scenario, the Eagles have two picks before us and the Texans have two picks sandwiched in between the Eagles picks.

The Texans pick at 54, 55. Eagles pick at 53 and 57. NE is also at 56 who very well could take a player we want who is BPA.

Trading up with one of our two 4ths is right on par with draft value for Houston's picks.

It is a possibility.

Actually the 5th is close enough in value. Houston would only be falling back 3-4 spots. Not likely there are 2 players Houston loves that much back to back at 54-55.

But whether it's for a 4th or 5th, this is the only type of trade I see happening for Dallas if at all.