3-2 isn’t surprising

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some of us warned to put on the brakes after 3-0 start until we faced some tougher opponents.

Now we have a better sense of who we are. Which isn’t all bad. We’re still good enough to dominate average to less than average teams but will struggle against the better teams.

Some we’ll lose and some we’ll win. Up next is one we should win.

We are about where I thought we would be. In a battle for division and fight for a playoff spot. Season is still on Cowboy fans.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Some of us warned to put on the brakes after 3-0 start until we faced some tougher opponents.

Now we have a better sense of who we are. Which isn’t all bad. We’re still good enough to dominate average to less than average teams but will struggle against the better teams.

Some we’ll lose and some we’ll win. Up next is one we should win.

We are about where I thought we would be. In a battle for division and fight for a playoff spot. Season is still on Cowboy fans.

So another 8-8 Garrett special coming up...……....Beat the scrubs and lose to anybody .500 or better.........sweet:yourock:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its not surprising. But that's the thing. This is consistent with what we've seen in the past. Losing to the Saints I saw coming. Losing to the Packers......I didn't see us losing to Aaron Jones. Aaron Rodgers did virtually nothing in the second half.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So another 8-8 Garrett special coming up...……....Beat the scrubs and lose to anybody .500 or better.........sweet:yourock:
I’m hopeful for 10-6.

I think 5-2 is a good goal at the Bye. Then come out and beat NY before we begin brutal stretch in week 10 where 5-3 would probably be a good finish.

Reasonable realistic expectations.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Its not surprising. But that's the thing. This is consistent with what we've seen in the past. Losing to the Saints I saw coming. Losing to the Packers......I didn't see us losing to Aaron Jones. Aaron Rodgers did virtually nothing in the second half.
I thought we'd lose to the Saints but I sure thought we'd bounce back against the Packers. No excuse for getting blown out (don't care about the final score).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He didn’t need to do much. After we failed on 1st possession of 3rd qtr it was pretty much over.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’m hopeful for 10-6.

I think 5-2 is a good goal at the Bye. Then come out and beat NY before we begin brutal stretch in week 10 where 5-3 would probably be a good finish.

Reasonable realistic expectations.

I dont think 10-6 wins the division if I am being 100% honest and we are now 0-2 for wildcard tiebreaks.

Playoffs are looking iffy right now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I dont think 10-6 wins the division if I am being 100% honest and we are now 0-2 for wildcard tiebreaks.

Playoffs are looking iffy right now.

Well the division has to beat us first. So far the Giants and Commanders haven't. If you sweep the Eagles.....the division should be your that point.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I though we'd lose to the Saints but I sure thought we'd bounce back against the Packers. No excuse for getting blown out (don't care about the final score).
I sensed Rodgers would go 4-0 at Jerryworld. I’m pretty much where I expected we’d be at 3-2. Too many fans became Euphoric after 3-0 start.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

The game today was winnable, but the awful execution in the first half doomed it.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Figure we lost to two first place teams, which isn't worth committing hari kari over.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Sensible post. Although it’s disappointing because many of us want better this season.

All that being said. If the cowboys win the next two before the bye (very possible). They will be in the drivers seat of the division still at just about the halfway point.

It’s not all bad.

Just a frustrating couple of weeks.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well the division has to beat us first. So far the Giants and Commanders haven't. If you sweep the Eagles.....the division should be your that point.

I dont see us sweeping the Eagles, they look pretty dam good this year.