3 games would 10-6 and we're in.....

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
very likely.

The schedule is working out where 10-6 will get in.

7 Remaining Teams w/shot at 2 wilcard spots (6 after the Tursday game)

chicago (7-6)
NewOrleans (7-6)
Atlanta (8-5)
Wash (7-6)
Phil (7-5-1)
Dall (8-5)
Tampa (9-4)

Week 15
New Orleans vs Chicago - Loser is out w/ 7 losses. NO playing in Chicago at night adv Chicago. Chicago has GB and Houston remaining. likely to lose either. If NO wins, they have Detroit and carolina at home. Carolina would be playing for home field or maybe division if they lose at Denver or NYG and Tampa wins out. If Carolina cannot improve position, New orleans could win out. That would be potentially bad

Tampa v Atl - The loser has to lose the following week. Atl at Minn, SanDiego at Tampa. SanDiego will be the early game week 16 and SD will likely be playing for win for the week 17 matchup v denver (denver likely loses at Car this week and plays the 4pm game vs buffalo week 16). Atlanta would be 9-7 if they lose both, TB would be 10-6 if they lose both and Dallas has tie breaker.

Go Carolina, makr thr SD v Tampa game matter.

Week 16
Phil vs Wash - Loser is out. Likely a Phil victory. If either team loses in week 15, they are done (Cinn and Cleveland - unlikely).

If we hold serve at home, the week 17 game vs philadelphia could be meaningless very conceivably. MUST WIN HOME GAMES!!

jmause3

Reaction score
Yeah we got a lot of help this week with most of the teams we need to lose losing

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
philly plays cleveland next monday night and philly should win. than they have a rematch at washington which they will probably win too. imo we have to win all 3 games or we don't get in.

tayloner

Reaction score
I would think we should root for Atlanta next week, since Tampa has the 2 almost guaranteed victories while Atlanta only has 1 almost guaranteed victory (vs. St. Louis) and a semi-difficult game against the Vikings.

The Panch

Reaction score
Rampage;2476059 said:
philly plays cleveland next monday night and philly should win. than they have a rematch at washington which they will probably win too. imo we have to win all 3 games or we don't get in.
Exactly. It seems like every year they do this crap. Just come outta nowhere and break into the post season.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Rampage;2476059 said:

Unless we lose our next two, all we have to do is beat the Eagles in the last week to finish ahead of them.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2476114 said:
Unless we lose our next two, all we have to do is beat the Eagles in the last week to finish ahead of them.
sounds easier said than done. they have made Romo look like a bum the past 2 decembers at home. this time we have to go there in what will probably be the deciding game. hopefully the 3rd time is a charm for Romo vs the eagles in December. but only if we win the next 2 games 1st.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
tayloner182;2476106 said:
I would think we should root for Atlanta next week, since Tampa has the 2 almost guaranteed victories while Atlanta only has 1 almost guaranteed victory (vs. St. Louis) and a semi-difficult game against the Vikings.

No. If Atlanta wins out and we lose one to either NYG or PHI, they'll have the better NFC Conference record and we're out. If we have the same record as TB, we hold the tiebreaker. We also hold the tiebreaker over ATL if we finish with the same record. Root for Carolina to continue to lead the south and root for TB and ATL to lose out.

We absolutely HAVE TO win our NFC contests. If we do that and Tampa wins next week, we're in with the last seed and ATL is out AS LONG AS CAROLINA doesn't wet the bed and lose the NFC South to Tampa, in which case Carolina and Atlanta could get in.

I think we back into the playoffs with the last seed this year, but I'm hoping we surge and finish super-strong heading in with a head full of steam.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I have next to ZERO confidence that this team can go into a cold and windy Philly and win that game if the winner is in the play-offs and the loser goes home. Sad but true.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2476364 said:
I have next to ZERO confidence that this team can go into a cold and windy Philly and win that game if the winner is in the play-offs and the loser goes home. Sad but true.
Seriously..

We need to pray that Philly loses one of their next two, that would basically eliminate them from the playoffs, making the last game meaningless for them.

jzcowboy

Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;2476563 said:
making the last game meaningless for them.
I don't think there's ever a time when we go to Philly and they think its meaningless. They will get up for us coming to town if they're 15-0 or 0-15.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I just want Dallas to take the approach that they win these 3 and they're in. Don't worry about what anyone else might do, or could do, or should do. Win these three games and just put yourself in the playoffs.

zeromaster

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2476612 said:
I just want Dallas to take the approach that they win these 3 and they're in. Don't worry about what anyone else might do, or could do, or should do. Win these three games and just put yourself in the playoffs.
what he said...

Verdict

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2476114 said:

Looking at the playoff scenario generator, it looks like the Philly game may be the most important game of the remaining games. We could lose one or two of our other games and still get in under multiple scenarios, but if we lose to Philly we are likely out of the playoffs.

Tra_Col99

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2476612 said:

Is it certain that if we win all three we are in? What if Atlanta wins all three remaining games too?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Verdict;2477109 said:
Looking at the playoff scenario generator, it looks like the Philly game may be the most important game of the remaining games. We could lose one or two of our other games and still get in under multiple scenarios, but if we lose to Philly we are likely out of the playoffs.

So basically, the playoffs would start a week early. As long as we're in a win-and-in situation going into that game, I'll take it.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tra_Col99;2477167 said:
Is it certain that if we win all three we are in? What if Atlanta wins all three remaining games too?
Don't we own the tie-breaker against Atlanta?

Tra_Col99

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2477186 said:
Don't we own the tie-breaker against Atlanta?

That is my question. We hold the tie breaker against Atl right now because we've played one more NFC game than they have. If they win all three remaing (all NFC) games...we would be tied with them.