3 HC's Make $5 Million Per - Red, Lovie, J. Harbaugh - Who You Take For The $$?

The Natural

Reaction score
Put it this way, if I'm another team's GM..if I couldnt get Harbaugh or Lovie for that 5 mil I am looking at coordinators in house to promote before I hire Garrett.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm not going to say Garrett sucks (since it's hard to tell with this team), but I would take Harbaugh over him 8 out of 7 days and tens times on Sunday.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I counted 6 playoff coaches @ lower salaries before getting to Garrett. This probably speaks to JJ waiting it out until he can justify that type of investment ($).

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Harbaugh's the obvious answer. But I prefer Garrett to Lovie Smith still. Though Lovie's a long-time Cowboys fan and I like him, too.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, less than 15 mins before its banished to the Trash Zone.

We like a clean forum. :)

And it's not a Trash Zone. To begin with, a lot of us (myself included) view the forum posts using the New Posts sort option, so threads across all forums are equally represented. But, yes, a thread cleverly disguised Garrett thread, as I think we can all see by the trickle of response posts that include "How Jason Garrett even gets paid is beyond me' and 'Is this a serious question.' So it goes where the other let's-all-criticize-Jason-Garrett threads live.

It's a good topic, though, so have at it.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
We like a clean forum. :)

And it's not a Trash Zone. To begin with, a lot of us (myself included) view the forum posts using the New Posts sort option, so threads across all forums are equally represented. But, yes, a thread cleverly disguised Garrett thread, as I think we can all see by the trickle of response posts that include "How Jason Garrett even gets paid is beyond me' and 'Is this a serious question.' So it goes where the other let's-all-criticize-Jason-Garrett threads live.

It's a good topic, though, so have at it.

Its next to impossible to post anything about Jerry or Red w/o a predictable response. Such is life as a Cowboy fan.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its next to impossible to post anything about Jerry or Red w/o a predictable response. Such is life as a Cowboy fan.

I know. And it's tough, too, because they touch on just about every subject and it's fair to bring them in as a result. But it's not good for the individual threads if every single one of them devolves into a Jerry/Jason fest. So we're trying to prune the discussions a bit. At least leave room on the front page of the main forums for other thread ideas to get a little ventilation in our otherwise smelly locker room. It's not so much that the Jerry/Jason topics are considered garbage topics. Just that there are an awful lot of them, and they tend to get ranty.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I know. And it's tough, too, because they touch on just about every subject and it's fair to bring them in as a result. But it's not good for the individual threads if every single one of them devolves into a Jerry/Jason fest. So we're trying to prune the discussions a bit. At least leave room on the front page of the main forums for other thread ideas to get a little ventilation in our otherwise smelly locker room. It's not so much that the Jerry/Jason topics are considered garbage topics. Just that there are an awful lot of them, and they tend to get ranty.

Well it does serve a cathartic purpose for frustrated and beleaguered Cowboy fans as well as providing some laughs.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Harbaugh doesn't make any more than Garrett? No wonder he's pissed at management.

And how the HELL does Garrett make 1.5 mil more than John Fox? That's insane.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Harbaugh doesn't make any more than Garrett? No wonder he's pissed at management.

And how the HELL does Garrett make 1.5 mil more than John Fox? That's insane.

Garrett making what he does is mind boggling.

I'd be a puppet too. Jerry could hire any assistants he wanted. Even call plays if he wanted to.

I'd actually do it for half of what Garrett is getting, but thats as low as I would go.