30 points in 1st 3 games - only time 1986

jnday

Reaction score
I could see them getting 31 points in the first half and will bring in the 2nd stringers in the second half.
Garrett has never been good about giving his second stringers playing time. He will play the first string and they will have series after series of three and outs sandwiched in between Marinelli’s hideous prevent defense. Both of these moves does nothing to help the team in any way, when they should be providing valuable experience and playing time for backups.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
This talk is about “style points”. Style points only matter in college fb where teams have to impress voters to get to a playoff then a championship. NFL championships are won entirely on the field. No voting. No style points. Just win.

That’s how I view this season. Just win. I don’t give a rat’s behind how many points we score as long as we win. If we beat Miami by one point or by 50, we will remain in first place in the NFC East. That’s what matters.

The only reason some of us want to win by a blowout or we’re upset is that it affects how we feel. That's the only reason. We as fans are quick to see point spreads in a win or in a loss as some kind of confirmation of what we believe about our team. Winning is confirmation. Not point spreads.

Im just saying that the declarations that a good team must prove its goodness by margin of victory is more about how we feel than what our team is or isn’t.
oh get off your soap box dude. You have to ramble here about this AND start a whole other thread to say the same. I dont give a rats *** what you give a rats *** about. And besides I didnt say anything about margin, I am just happy to be seeing the offense click. You can care about winning AND care about other things at the same time, its pretty easy to do. I like seeing my favorite team score, so sue me.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Is the OP counting the 2007 season? We scored 30+ points in the first four games.

First game: Cowboys beat Giants 45-35
Second game: Cowboys beat Dolphins 37-20
Third game: Cowboys beat Bears 34-10
Fourth game: Cowboys beat Rams 35-7