$30M+ a year for the 19th best at his position, or $15M a year for the best at his position?

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Dak is never going to throw like Dan Marino, but he’s also not as bad as his critics try to make him out to be... and he’s also got a knack of winning games, which is what counts.
No he’s probably not worth $30m at this moment, but in a couple of years it’ll be the going rate.
We could do worse, look at Jimmy G in San Francisco tonight :lmao2:

kskboys

Reaction score
Forget which position it is.

Which do you pay?

The latter... it's a NO BRAINER.
You cannot forget which position it is, and it is not even close to a no brainer.

W/o a viable QB, you're just not going to win.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Forget which position it is.

Which do you pay?

The latter... it's a NO BRAINER.
I love the "forget which position it is," as if that weren't the single most important aspect of this entire discussion.

"Forget what it does to you, would you rather eat mediocre prime rib for fifty dollars or really good rat poison for a buck?"

kskboys

Reaction score
Pollard is not going to be as good as many fans think he will be. There is too many high expectations being placed on him without any evidence that he can handle starting RB duties in the NFL. He couldn’t even carry the starting RB load in college. It looks like people are buying in on Jerry’s sales campaign .
Pollard was never given the chance to carry the load.

jnday

Reaction score
No you are wrong. Why would he take less than Bell and Gurley? According to you he’s the best back in the league so why would he not take the most mone?

And anyone who rates Dak 18th or higher is a idiot. That’s just silly.
Zeke knows the market was reset when Bell was signed and Bell signed for much less than 15 million. The Rams are not going to pay Gurley for much longer before they make him take a salary cut. They know they messed up. I agree about Dak. He is at the bottom of the rankings IMO.

black label

Reaction score
Books will be written about the talent on this team.

Yes, plural. Books.
tumblr_oki3sydscL1s79vp8o1_500.gif

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Pollard is not going to be as good as many fans think he will be. There is too many high expectations being placed on him without any evidence that he can handle starting RB duties in the NFL. He couldn’t even carry the starting RB load in college. It looks like people are buying in on Jerry’s sales campaign .
Did you ever even one single time watch Pollard in college or are you just saying this because you read it somewhere on the internet? Serious question.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke knows the market was reset when Bell was signed and Bell signed for much less than 15 million. The Rams are not going to pay Gurley for much longer before they make him take a salary cut. They know they messed up. I agree about Dak. He is at the bottom of the rankings IMO.
Dak isn't at the bottom he's in the 10-18 range as of right now. He's in the same class as Mariota, Goff, Winston, Wentz....all young quarterbacks looking to take that next step forward.

In regards to Zeke.....if Zeke really felt what you say he does....why do you think he hasn't signed?

The NFL doesn't work where you just say "Oh you reset the market....". When has any free agent actually resented the market lol? Cowboys THINK they can get Zeke for 15 million and I'm not sure if they will or won't but I do know Zeke isn't accepting that right now. No reason to.

Its funny you just told me he's the best running back in the league but you don't want to pay him the most money in the league for a running back lol.

Altestic

Reaction score
I love the "forget which position it is," as if that weren't the single most important aspect of this entire discussion.

"Forget what it does to you, would you rather eat mediocre prime rib for fifty dollars or really good rat poison for a buck?"
:lmao:comparing the best running back in the NFL to rat poison

jnday

Reaction score
Did you ever even one single time watch Pollard in college or are you just saying this because you read it somewhere on the internet? Serious question.
Yes, I watched a few of his games. Memphis is not far away and they get a good bit of coverage in my area. I don’t look up stats to judge players so that I can make a comment. I don’t comment unless I know something about the player. Wait, you are defending a college backup that didn’t have much production. Have you thought about that? I bet Jerry wishes that Zeke would believe his BS like the fans do.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, I watched a few of his games. Memphis is not far away and they get a good bit of coverage in my area. I don’t look up stats to judge players so that I can make a comment. I don’t comment unless I know something about the player. Wait, you are defending a college backup that didn’t have much production. Have you thought about that? I bet Jerry wishes that Zeke would believe his BS like the fans do.
He also caught a good number of passes and was a great KR.

Altestic

Reaction score
Sigh. No, I was not comparing Barkley (or anyone) to rat poison.
Barkley is an overrated boom or bust guy. i'll take Zeke's consistent 5 yards over a guy who loses yards 8 times out of 10 and occasionally takes one to the house.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
False question. You pay he guy more important to your team.
Never a running back