Video: 4/25 Mosher Cowboys Draft Rumors + Whispers

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With regards to Lindenbaum, Dallas media has seemingly had quite a miss rate since Garrett left

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So here is my question with these roster holes when they talk about Hamilton. What current holes do you really think you are filling immediately with day 2 and 3 picks? You're 2nd has a decent chance to be a walk in starter, but your 3rd is usually a more sketchy projection. Everything after that is gravy as far as any immediate roi. The draft is always about talent acquisition

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not true at all. They were all over Dallas wanting the cbs last year. Slater nailed it on parsons being the pick once the cbs were gone.
Im talking in general, not just the draft. CB was a layup for them. Cowboys didnt exactly play that close to the chest

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So here is my question with these roster holes when they talk about Hamilton. What current holes do you really think you are filling immediately with day 2 and 3 picks? You're 2nd has a decent chance to be a walk in starter, but your 3rd is usually a more sketchy projection. Everything after that is gravy as far as any immediate roi. The draft is always about talent acquisition
Bingo...it always makes me laugh when you see mocks around here with people plugging 4th/5th round picks as day one starters. Your first-rounder is going to start more often than not, but still not 100%. 2nd round picks seem 50-50, and the odds go way down from there.

terra

Reaction score
Bingo...it always makes me laugh when you see mocks around here with people plugging 4th/5th round picks as day one starters. Your first-rounder is going to start more often than not, but still not 100%. 2nd round picks seem 50-50, and the odds go way down from there.
it also depends on where you are picking in that second rd. at 56 you cannot expect a immediate starter unless the current starter sucks bad.

But say a 34 pick? I think its more likely he starts than not.

JBS

Reaction score
Im talking in general, not just the draft. CB was a layup for them. Cowboys didnt exactly play that close to the chest
I’m not sure what we are talking about. That’s my fault. But the cowboys don’t play anything close to the vest. What has the media missed on?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
it also depends on where you are picking in that second rd. at 56 you cannot expect a immediate starter unless the current starter sucks bad.

Agreed. Depends on position too. That 2nd round RB/WR is probably has different expectations than a 2nd round CB or pass rusher.

RodeoJake

Reaction score

A lot depends on the depth of the talent in any given year. Mostly, you can go by draft range than strictly by round. Also have to factor in a team's depth chart at a drafted players position.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m not sure what we are talking about. That’s my fault. But the cowboys don’t play anything close to the vest. What has the media missed on?
Off the top of my head, not tagging Shultz, conflicting scoops on Cooper, Marvin Wilson. Even with the CB's last draft, we were supposedly trading up to 6 to get one. Just seems like since Garrett left, local Dallas media's scoops have been far less accurate to point that "sourced" information has become practically meaningless

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Kenyon Green has a knee issue, ah what? That makes the choice between him and Johnson an easy one to make.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kenyon Green has a knee issue, ah what? That makes the choice between him and Johnson an easy one to make.

I don't know if there will be a choice between the two as it seems more and more likely that the cardinals pick Zion just before our pick.