4-3

Galian Beast

Reaction score
1. Fire Phillips - he really just isn't getting it done the way it should, give a guy an elite team, yet they're playing like a slightly above average team, highly penalized, who can't make tackles
2. Fire Stewart - he's an idiot, i always wanted dom capers
3. Fire Campo - i was all for the guy, but with the talent we have in the secondary, even if he isnt calling the shots, he has to get sacked...

James - Thomas(Carpenter) - Burnett
Ware - Ratliff -Johnson - Ellis (spencer)

Bet you we have a pass rush
Bet you carpenter flourishes
Bet you I won't cry saying good bye to spears, and even canty at this point.
Bet you our defensive backs actually decide to cover rather than clean up...

Boysboy

Reaction score
Galian Beast;2311869 said:
1. Fire Phillips - he really just isn't getting it done the way it should, give a guy an elite team, yet they're playing like a slightly above average team, highly penalized, who can't make tackles
3. Fire Campo - i was all for the guy, but with the talent we have in the secondary, even if he isnt calling the shots, he has to get sacked...

Even Rex Ryan would CRINGE trying to coach this defense.

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
Might be something to the switch to the 4-3. I mean, we generated our best pass rush at the end of the game in this alignment. Our D-line just isn't cut out to play the 3-4. You need some production from your ends, and we are just not getting it right now.

satam55

Reaction score

I 100% agree om moving back to a 4-3, firing Wade & Stewart!

But, Campo doesn't need to be fired and Bradie James would Be a middle Linebacker in a 4-3, not an Outside Linebacker.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score

Bet you Ellis and Burnett get run over all day on the left side.

We saw this movie before. Ellis is 260 lbs. Burnett is 220-ish.

Ware is just not a 4-3 player. He can't take a LT on run plays all day long. He's 260 lbs. Canty is 300. If Canty and Spears can't get it done on the edges, we get other DEs who can.

Unless you want to cut or trade D-Ware, Dallas is a 3-4 team.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ChrisCanty99;2312017 said:

Ware is just not a 4-3 player. He can't take a LT on run plays all day long. He's 260 lbs. Canty is 300. If Canty and Spears can't get it done on the edges, we get other DEs who can.

Ware absolutely can play DE in a 4-3. He takes on TE's and LT's/RT's all the time vs the run, and beats them.

Quit selling the guy short, he is a premier player in any scheme.

Spectre

Reaction score
yea.
Ware would be fine in a 4-3.
That was his position in college and he was just as freakish.

joseephuss

Reaction score
ChrisCanty99;2312017 said:

Ellis has played LDE in the 4-3 and done well against the run.

Ware could play RDE in the 4-3 as well. I don't know if that would be getting the most out of him that the 3-4 scheme does, but I would not worry about him.

Why would Carpenter shine in this 4-3? Are Tank and Ratliff just supposed to occupy blockers and allow the MLB run free. That is what the Ravens used to do with Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa at DTs and Ray Lewis not having to take on blockers. If so, then Carpenter would have to be very physical and take on those blockers and I don't see him doing well at that.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
That "smoke 5" play we saw Stewart call on television was a debacle. We blitzed like 6 guys, no one got close to Palmer, and they picked up a nice 3rd and long first down.