4 reasons why Romo being out makes me giddy

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Sorry, but the cold, hard truth is that Romo being out dramatically reduces our chance to win. Some people take for granted his ability to avoid the rush and extend play and to improvise. These skills, which Orton lacks, have kept us in games that we would not have been in otherwise. Orton's competent, but not great.

That means it will be

1. more runs
2. shorter passes

Are you starting to understand my point?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo had pressure to win this game, Orton does not.

Do you understand my point?

And what's wrong with pressure?

I get what you're saying. I just don't think its entirely true. Eventually there was going to come a time when Romo finally got over that hump of that last game of the season. I was hoping this time would be it. Or I atleast was hoping he'd get the chance to overcome it.

tko112204

Reaction score
That means it will be

1. more runs
2. shorter passes

Are you starting to understand my point?

1. More running is fine and dandy. Until we're down 24-10 and can't run it anymore.
2. Everyone on this board has *****ed and moaned about the short passing game WITH Romo. And now its gonna get shorter. YPA is one of the most important determining factors in winning in the NFL and you think getting worse at that will be better for us?

3. You keep spouting off about all your years of watching the NFL and how "teams come together" and "always win these games" when star players get hurt. Did that happen to the Packers this year after Rodgers got hurt? Can you actually name one of these instances, or is it just fun for you because you dislike Romo so much that losing him made you "giddy"?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
1. The eagles defense has no idea what to expect from Orton

2. All the pressure now is on the Eagles since they will be heavily favored due to no Romo

3. We no longer have any pressure to win this game due to Romo being out

4. Been watching the NFL long enough to know when a star player goes down like this, the team comes together and plays well and usually wins

Anyone else feeling good right now that we are playing with House money??? This is the best thing that could have happened to us

1. They will expect a ton of check downs
2. They will be heavily favored due to us having no defense
3. Pressure is always there to win when the season is on the line
4. We should, and we will get blown out unless DeMarco Murray plays the game of his life.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

2. All the pressure now is on the Eagles since they will be heavily favored due to no Romo

4. Been watching the NFL long enough to know when a star player goes down like this, the team comes together and plays well and usually wins

Anyone else feeling good right now that we are playing with House money??? This is the best thing that could have happened to us

Losing the franchise QB is the best thing to have happened...............HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

good joke thread.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
1. Dez and company might actually get led on the deep ball as opposed to having to stop and wait for it.
2. Better passing.
3. No Romo choking to end the season.
4. Cowboys win..

I will be sure to bump this come gameday when its mid 3rd Quarter and the Eagles have already emptied the bench.

Romo is special.......................Orton is freaking Orton and has not taken a snap in over 2 seasons...................the idea that a player that has been riding the pine for 2 seasons comes off the bench and drops a 40 burger on anybody is laughable.

And yes.........we are going to need 40+ to win...........Romo could have done that...........Orton cant..............If Orton could ball like that, he would be starting somewhere considering some of the scrub QBs that were playing last Sunday.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yea.........franchise QBs are overrated and you can win without them.

Signed............Green Bay Packers.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
All you doubters will be singing a different tune when Kyle Big Game has his way with the Eagles D ands leads us to victory.

Kyle Orton career numbers

58.4% completion rate.................81 TDs.........57 Ints..........sacked 132 times........79.7 QBR

So a career 79 QBR guy is going to have his way with an NFL defense?..............................After not taking a snap for over 2 years?.....................color me skeptical.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This is the same guy who was benched for the almighty Tebow...Yeah that does not get me excited.

Sb or Bust

Reaction score
Try and follow me

Since Romo went down right before a big game for the division, that means that everyone else is going to step their game up because they will be hearing all week how we have no shot and that the eagles will win 40-3. So the defense is going to be motivated and the offense is going to be motivated because they will want to prove everyone wrong.

I can't wait until sunday

A playoff birth should be motivation enough. If players need thefranchiseQB to go down to get motivated then we are I trouble.

Sb or Bust

Reaction score
The silver linning, if any, is the team has all week to implement a game plan with Orton under center. This game is all on the coaches and Garrett specifically. Can He come up with a run oriented ball control game plan that gives us the best chance to win. I hope so, fingers crossed

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I feel good about this game because people on here especially are overhyping the Eagles. I don't think they are that good of a team.

Agree they aren't very good. The Bears game against Philly was the best thing that ever happened for the Cowboy as everyone things they are now world beaters. If Cutler sat that game it would have been a different story. That D would have been torched. The Eagles secondary can be had.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The pressure is still on the 52 other players and coaches. This will be the last game for many of them in a Cowboy uniform.

I get your point, it should make them step-up, play loose and win one for the gipper but these guys were going to give it their all anyways, they have new contracts and auditions to play for.

The pressure is now on the Eagles and not the Cowboys. No one gives us any chance of winning that game now that Romo is done.. Eagles will be very tight that game I guarantee it. What if we lose mentality will be at the back of their minds. We can go all out and have fun basically as we are now the huge underdogs.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I will be sure to bump this come gameday when its mid 3rd Quarter and the Eagles have already emptied the bench.

Romo is special.......................Orton is freaking Orton and has not taken a snap in over 2 seasons...................the idea that a player that has been riding the pine for 2 seasons comes off the bench and drops a 40 burger on anybody is laughable.

And yes.........we are going to need 40+ to win...........Romo could have done that...........Orton cant..............If Orton could ball like that, he would be starting somewhere considering some of the scrub QBs that were playing last Sunday.

Not sure how long you have watched the NFL but I have seen crazier things happen in 40+ years of watching. Remember there are 2 things that are guaranteed in life and that is death and taxes. Any one counting us out have no clue about football. Yes are chances have diminished without Romo but on any Sunday any one can WIN. The Eagles will lose this one.

sideon

Reaction score
I do know that if we lose it's expected but if the Eagles lose to Orton that would be embarrassing.

rwalters31

Reaction score

OK, what ever you are smoking or drinking, please pass it around! We have had in the pass QB come off the bench and win a game. However, they always had an offense and defense to help. In this case, it was Romo who made the offensive line look descent passing with his scrambling. The defense has not been good since the beginning of the year and there is no reason to assume they are going to stop the Eagles offense. So, to win the Cowboys are going to have to run the ball 100% of the time and score every time they have the ball. The defense will have to come up with two (2) turn overs, the special teams will have to put the team in favorable field position every time.

There you go, the winning strategy for the Cowboys.

Next Years Champ

Reaction score

I Can't get happy about Romo's misfortune.

Or the team's

No silver linings in this.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a win or go home game for both teams. There is pressure on both teams and lot's of it. The Eagles may win this game but it is going to be close.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

Oh so you're hoping we lose, what a fan.. smh