4 Teams remain with 0 SB appearances

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville and Detroit are the only 4 teams in the NFL who have failed to reach the show. Of these 4 teams who do you see getting there 1st?

For me as much as it pains me to say Houston looks to be close.

John813

Reaction score
Jacksonville, barring Bortles having to win a game by himself.
Houston right behind them. Just don't trust Watt being healthy anymore.

Flamma

Reaction score
Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville and Detroit are the only 4 teams in the NFL who have failed to reach the show. Of these 4 teams who do you see getting there 1st?

I have to add the Jets and Chiefs since they didn't do it while they were in the NFL. They were still AFL teams at the time and were playing the NFL champion. The two leagues didn't merge yet and they got to the SB by playing only AFL teams. I don't count them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have to add the Jets and Chiefs since they didn't do it while they were in the NFL. They were still AFL teams at the time and were playing the NFL champion. The two leagues didn't merge yet and they got to the SB by playing only AFL teams. I don't count them.

It was still considered SB. I get what you are saying

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Jacksonville without a doubt. Had it not been for a bad call when they played the Pats, it would of been the Jags vs the Egals. When a team gets that close to reaching the big dance, there's a 90% chance they'll be back the following season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jacksonville without a doubt. Had it not been for a bad call when they played the Pats, it would of been the Jags vs the Egals. When a team gets that close to reaching the big dance, there's a 90% chance they'll be back the following season.

Good point.

JustChip

Reaction score
Strange as it may seem, I think Cleveland. Houston & Jacksonville are going to beat each other up in the same Division. Detroit’s window is closing & they’re behind Minny & GB. Cleveland is stocked & in a declining Division. It’ll all depend on whether Mayfield is gold or pyrite & coaching.

JustChip

Reaction score
I don’t know about that. Carolina was 15-1 and missed the playoffs the next year. They’rein a tough division & it’s conceivable they don’t win it. Things went right for them last year & it’s likely there will be as many go wrong this year. They’re a very good team, but it takes more than that.

Ghost12

Reaction score
What are you talking about? NFL history is replete with teams that got "that close to reaching the big dance" and then completely disappeared the following season.

I wouldn't bet the farm on Jax. It is far, far more likely they take a step back this year, not a step forward.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
How in the world are people listing Houston? They have never even been close to getting past the divisional round in their history. It is not like they have had some close calls and just barely missed the Super Bowl. They are nowhere near a Super Bowl. Their QB played well in what he played last year but still has a lot to prove.

Jacksonville is much closer. They had a 10pt lead last season deep into the 4th qtr in the championship game. Until they tried to play to run the clock out instead of being proactive in winning.

Denver and Cleveland are light years away as well.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
If the Browns go to a Super Bowl, Cleveland will literally catch on fire.

But I'm going to say Cleveland.