Twitter: 49ers DB Jimmie Ward on their gameplan

baltcowboy

Reaction score

We have a $40m QB that instills 0 fear in opposing defenses.

I am apologizing to Pappy, Willie, Rison, Catch, Atlanta, Mountaineer, and the rest of the so called Dak haters

Wow

I am apologizing to Pappy, Willie, Rison, Catch, Atlanta, Mountaineer, Khalidi, and the rest of the Dak haters. Dak had the ball at midfield at the two minute warning 1st down, three timeouts. A top 12 quarterback wins that game. San Francisco was also down 3 of their top defensive players. Shoot, Kirk Cousins wins that game.

Gaede

Reaction score
When your coach trusts your punter to convert 4th & 5 passing more than your QB you got a problem
Or your 3rd WR chucking the ball laterally

I'd like to know what happened this year. Dak WAS making tight throws, taking chances, throwing deep before the Den game. Since then, he looked like a rookie. Indecisive, no pocket presence, happy to dump off to Zeke for 2 yds.

mardwin

Reaction score

We have a $40m QB that instills 0 fear in opposing defenses.

Wow

The tape don't lie, Dak doesn't do many things well as a QB.

No pocket awareness
Poor accuracy
Can't read defenses
Late release/poor route anticipation

How did the front office come into the conclusion that Dak merited a 40M per season contract with so many red flags?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
The issue is Dak is not going anywhere. The only chance we have is to improve the defense and running game. The Joneses need to step away from football player personnel.
Agree 100%. The only caveat for me is the Eagles said the same thing about Wentz, and somehow they got rid of him AND got a first round pick pack in the bargain. You just need to find one team willing to take him.

mardwin

Reaction score
The issue is Dak is not going anywhere. The only chance we have is to improve the defense and running game. The Joneses need to step away from football player personnel.

Can't do that now with so much cap room committed to the offense. How do they get better at running the football with a running back that has no speed and a QB that can't challenge the defense? Teams will load up the box most of the time and we know that can't adjust to that.

mardwin

Reaction score
Agree 100%. The only caveat for me is the Eagles said the same thing about Wentz, and somehow they got rid of him AND got a first round pick pack in the bargain. You just need to find one team willing to take him.

Colts had the guy that drafted Wentz so it was the right scenario. Garrett is out of a job, so Dak doesn't have that kind of safety net. Nobody is trading for an over paid QB. Maybe Denver if they think they can get their defense to carry them.