Twitter: 49ers DB Jimmie Ward on their gameplan

Chuck 54

Reaction score

We have a $40m QB that instills 0 fear in opposing defenses.

Wow

I wonder which team would have won if our game plan to take away the run and make them 1 dimensional had been achieved. This has nothing to do with Dak. Every team tries to take away the run and make a team pass every play. That’s football 101. If we replayed the game and you told me SF would have the same run game we had, I’d absolutely bet on our team to win. The problem is SF didn’t even have to risk anything. They ran the ball up our rears and killed us with YAC after 3-7 yard passes.

starman22

Reaction score
I wonder which team would have won if our game plan to take away the run and make them 1 dimensional had been achieved. This has nothing to do with Dak. Every team tries to take away the run and make a team pass every play. That’s football 101. If we replayed the game and you told me SF would have the same run game we had, I’d absolutely bet on our team to win. The problem is SF didn’t even have to risk anything. They ran the ball up our rears and killed us with YAC after 3-7 yard passes.

They scored 23 points. We needed 24 points to win a wildcard playoff game at home. Their defense played without Bosa most of the game. A couple others left the game later. This was a pathetic offensive showing. Very much including the QB.

TheHerd

Reaction score
They didn't have to do much to stop the run. KM did it for them. Zeke got 12 carries and Pollard got 4. That should tell you we weren't serious about trying to run.
Seems like Moore is never serious about running, and throws a few vanilla up the gut runs obvious runs to prove the running game ain't working so he can go back to his slow developing pass plays.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Or your 3rd WR chucking the ball laterally

I'd like to know what happened this year. Dak WAS making tight throws, taking chances, throwing deep before the Den game. Since then, he looked like a rookie. Indecisive, no pocket presence, happy to dump off to Zeke for 2 yds.
Not only that he waits so long to check it down to the RB they have no time to make a move. I feel like there were so many instances where he could have just started downfield and then just checked it down..with good timing. This was something I noticed all season long

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
When you can stop the run and pressure the QB like they did no QB is going to be successful

Just shows how stupid our coaches are for not getting Pollard more involved so they weren't as one-dimensional.

Probably the worst game the offensive line played all season. Even when Dak made a big play like the passes to Schultz and Lamb they got called back for holding putting them in 2nd and 20 instead of in scoring position. Good luck sustaining drives like that.

Dak isn't a top 10 QB but he is good enough to win but it takes a team effort. People on here acting like he is a scrub are clueless.

FJXC98dVUAMicaR

Hadenough

Reaction score
When you can stop the run and pressure the QB like they did no QB is going to be successful

Just shows how stupid our coaches are for not getting Pollard more involved so they weren't as one-dimensional.

Probably the worst game the offensive line played all season. Even when Dak made a big play like the passes to Schultz and Lamb they got called back for holding putting them in 2nd and 20 instead of in scoring position. Good luck sustaining drives like that.

Dak isn't a top 10 QB but he is good enough to win but it takes a team effort. People on here acting like he is a scrub are clueless.

FJXC98dVUAMicaR
When you know your playing a pressure defense you also know you have to get rid of the ball quicker. Eli Manning did that when he beat the Panthers defense in their prime. Romo tried to hold the ball like Dak and they lost. This loss is on Dak, those guys did enough but Daks indecision and patting the ball cost the Cowboys a chance at being competitive.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The tape don't lie, Dak doesn't do many things well as a QB.

No pocket awareness
Poor accuracy
Can't read defenses
Late release/poor route anticipation

How did the front office come into the conclusion that Dak merited a 40M per season contract with so many red flags?

Jerry let his fandom dominate his reason again. That is how we ended up with overpaying Zeke, Jaylon and Lawrence.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

We have a $40m QB that instills 0 fear in opposing defenses.

Wow

The most shocking development this season is how teams were able to suddenly confuse Dak with zone defenses. I don't know what happened midseason but it's like a student who just stopped studying and it showed up on exams. If this doesn't get corrected, man the team is in serious trouble.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Wasn't it mentioned that the 49er's were ranked 32nd in defending passes of over 15 yards. It's a damning indictment on Dak if the opposition trusts their greatest weakness over his abilities.

.....doesnt matter that we cant defend mid-level coverage....as Dak isnt accurate enough to hurt us.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Or your 3rd WR chucking the ball laterally

I'd like to know what happened this year. Dak WAS making tight throws, taking chances, throwing deep before the Den game. Since then, he looked like a rookie. Indecisive, no pocket presence, happy to dump off to Zeke for 2 yds.

The famous safe pass of them all the 2 yarder!!!!

Swagger

Reaction score
Exactly! It's bad enough knowing your QB is a tier 3 QB but it's extremely annoying when some people defend him like he is a top 5 QB. And to make matters worse you have idiots comparing him to Mahomes or Rodgers.
This is why Cowboy fans as a whole are seen as a clown show. Those who regard Prescott as a top 5 QB tarnish the reputation of Cowboy fans who actually understand football. It's genuinely embarrassing. I respect that more fans are starting to see the light and appreciate the limitations of Prescott yet there are still lost causes out there who have thrown themselves under the bus for Dak Prescott of all QBs! :laugh: