49ers have the ingredients for a SB run, if

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Cowboyny, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

9,178 Messages
    11,143 Likes Received
    -Can they run the football when the other team knows what is coming? Yes
    -Can they stop the run without the need of extra men in the box? Yes
    -Can they generate a rush with their front 4, without the need of the blitz? Yes
    -Do they beat themselves with self inflicted penalties? No
    -Do they have a reliable money FG kicker? Yes
    -Do they consistently win the turnover battle? Their QB must prove that, so far they survive his mistakes.

I think me and so others have underestimated how good the 49ers actually are. They are probably the hottest team in football and just beat 2 division winners, one being the SB favorite in the Packers. Just like the Cowboys, the Packers weakness was exposed in the playoffs, their undoing was their poor Special Teams.

2. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    16,772 Messages
    29,973 Likes Received
    1000%........in other words, they kick your butt playing sound fundamental football, nothing fancy or sexy.

3. Cowboyny

9,178 Messages
    11,143 Likes Received
    They really are starting to resemble that Giant Team, with a good run game and a stout defensive line that nobody can block.

4. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

13,370 Messages
    7,485 Likes Received
    They won 13 games in 2019 and were a TD throw from winning the Super Bowl so it's not like they don't have the talent/coaching. Garoppolo will have to win them a game at some point though

5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,221 Messages
    74,875 Likes Received

Not me.

I said they were an awful matchup for us and we would’ve been better off playing the Cardinals.

A lot of you were happy about the matchup though.

Maybe if we didn’t have winners mentality against the Eagles and we played our backups we’d have played a different team in round 1.

Cowboyny and boysfanperiod like this.
  6. CTcowboy203

CTcowboy203 Well-Known Member

682 Messages
    653 Likes Received
    Our Achilles heal all year was penalties and run defense to an extent. In the playoffs the penalties killed us. The packers Achilles heal this year was special teams- it killed them today. Your flaws get exposed in the playoffs if you don’t play a perfect game even if you have a great quarterback.

cowboys need to run the ball, protect dak, pressure the other quarterback and limit the penalties. That’s the recipe. You can win with dak or at least go on deep playoff runs but ONLY if you can run, rush the passer and block your QB

7. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

12,979 Messages
    9,390 Likes Received
    49ers are like the Tennessee Titans that made a run to title game couple years ago, qb play will catch up to them.

SoBlue128 likes this.
  8. Hawkeye0202

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    16,772 Messages
    29,973 Likes Received
    Very resilient.....never panic, stayed with their game plan. Just excellent coaching by Shanahan......

9. Cowboyny

9,178 Messages
    11,143 Likes Received
    I would put our rushing offense on that list as a weakness for this year's team.

10. CTcowboy203

CTcowboy203 Well-Known Member

682 Messages
    653 Likes Received
    for sure. Def after the 1st 7 games or so. Good point. Really comes down to the o line play. If you protect your qb then usually you can also make lanes for your running back

mahoneybill likes this.
  11. Hawkeye0202

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    16,772 Messages
    29,973 Likes Received
    That's MM......pretty sure a peek at his Packer stats will prove he's never had a strong rushing team. Then again, why would he if Roger's your QB.

12. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    7,416 Messages
    6,461 Likes Received
    The 9ers can be the Manning type Giants team. Pass rush, special teams and running game clicking. QB playing well enough to win.

Sad thing is...it will reinforce the Jones family mantra of just get into "the tournament" and anything can happen.

13. Turkish-Cowboy

Turkish-Cowboy Well-Known Member

2,047 Messages
    2,372 Likes Received
    I was actually happy that we matched up with them rather than the Cards or the Rams. Now I wish the opposite had happenned.

That is really what they have been doing. Playing in the required way. Not Jerry Jones type of football, though.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  14. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

19,860 Messages
    17,183 Likes Received
    Not with Pollard carrying the ball.

15. trickblue

trickblue Not Old School...Old Testament...

31,398 Messages
    3,849 Likes Received
    Jimmy G is adequate, but if gets to an onslaught like the Rams can do, he'll be in trouble...

mahoneybill likes this.
  16. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,790 Messages
    28,429 Likes Received
    I think your post is the most spot-on so far in this thread. Thank you.

mahoneybill and CTcowboy203 like this.
  17. Cowboyny

9,178 Messages
    11,143 Likes Received
    I think the 49ers have beaten the Rams the last 8 times, they aren't afraid of them.

18. Cowboyny

9,178 Messages
    11,143 Likes Received
    Even with Pollard, we couldn't run with any consistency, if we did, we beat ourselves with penalties.

19. Cowboyny

9,178 Messages
    11,143 Likes Received
    The like of Rodgers/Brees are hall of fame players but yet each has been to just 1 SB. Just shows the greatness of Brady, who very well may return again this season.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  20. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

13,043 Messages
    8,401 Likes Received
    agree mostly. They aren’t that talented,…Deebo and Skittles are their only offensive players and they aren’t exactly terrifying. Jimmy G is a huge liability. Armstead and Bosa are good but meh everywhere else. Their strength is their unity, which may be better exactly bc they know they don’t have a ton of talent to rely on so they stay on their assignments. Honestly, they reek of a Bellicheat-coached team minus the GOAT. They are well coached and disciplined…