4th and inches and the refs

MikeB80

Reaction score
Agreed about the Smith roughing the passer call but even everyone’s favorite announcer said that will get called every time and you can’t do it.

Yea he is right on the Roughing the passer....I am talking about the contact call....its just that it is a really soft penalty because the qb is looking left away from him and is getting hit as it happens. Just a tough call to cost you a strip and scoop.

That would have been the exact opposite of the 04 game when richie anderson knocked the ball out of testaverde's hands as he was about to hit a wide open Keyshawn johnson to get the first down allowing dallas to run out the clock..pittsburgh picked it up and ran it back inside the 20 and then they scored and won.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Agreed about the Smith roughing the passer call but even everyone’s favorite announcer said that will get called every time and you can’t do it.

Now that Romo is part of the media he participates in the CONSPIRACY! against his old team. Troy too. Lol.

aria

Reaction score
MM should of went for it IMO.
To me that was the game changer and was the 2nd biggest reason why I was skeptical of hiring this clown in the first place but had hoped he changed with his “analytical” studies during his year off.

The entire reason we almost came back to beat the Packer in the 2016 playoffs, after they were destroying us in the first half, was because McCarthy thought it was safe to start playing conservative at the beginning of the second half. Absolute idiot and today proved to me he has learned nothing.

aria

Reaction score
Pittsburg needed help and the refs gave it to them.

Nothing new here.
So you obviously didn’t watch the 2nd half, or the Rams game or the Giants game. You just like to sit around and make excuses without looking at the entire picture. Not surprised.

foofighters

Reaction score
Not going for it on 4th and inches and the refs is all the recap you need for this one..
It’s not like we are making the playoffs this year. We just need to focus on improving and getting ready for next year. Now we have a good idea that we can get rid of dalton and might have a good back up at the very least.

aria

Reaction score
Now that Romo is part of the media he participates in the CONSPIRACY! against his old team. Troy too. Lol.
Romo is a genius, the best announcer ever, he’s always right....except when he acknowledges legitimate calls for or against us.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Not going for it on 4th and inches and the refs is all the recap you need for this one..
Gilbert played well but he shouldnt have thrown that ball from the 2 yard line while being tackled, his release began after the contact, dumb mistake

blueblood70

Reaction score
first off you have to be senile..yes refs had a huge hand in the loss..but the CEEDEE fumble INT and the INT in the endzone by GG, were the biggest reason we lost.. lets not forget those plays and once again the offense lend s big hand in losses with TOs its happened with Dak, dalton, Nooch and now Gilbert..33add zeke, shultz and lamb now just giving the other team extra possessions and taking points away from us..all year the offense just made the biggest lays that set the slide in motion..defense was bad now they are finding their way and offense just keeps coughing it up..

the last 2 games made it even worse because our defense finally showed up and the offense truly made the worst mistakes that led to loss..

not going for 4th and inches well that wasnt truly a big deal..

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what bout all the hits on Dak's head? None called..I can remember at least 3 this year and umpteen last year, he doesn't do an academy award winning performance like Big Ben did tonight but that's the only difference

aria

Reaction score
what bout all the hits on Dak's head? None called..I can remember at least 3 this year and umpteen last year, he doesn't do an academy award winning performance like Big Ben did tonight but that's the only difference
You mean like when GB was called for roughing the passer on Dak on a critical down in the red zone because the defenders hand brushed up against Dak’s helmet?

What about Goff practically get his head ripped off on a face mask this year that resulted him throwing an INT in the red zone and it wasn’t called against us?

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean like when GB was called for roughing the passer on Dak on a critical down in the red zone because the defenders hand brushed up against Dak’s helmet?

What about Goff practically get his head ripped off on a face mask this year that resulted him throwing an INT in the red zone and it wasn’t called against us?
No Not like that...lol But you made my point about inconsistency

aria

Reaction score
No Not like that...lol But you made my point about inconsistency
Oh...they’re inconsistent as hell and I almost stopped watching the NFL altogether a few years ago when I had the NFL package and saw how inconsistent it was across the board. My point is we had plenty of calls/non calls fo our way tonight and so did Pitt, arguably we benefited more. I just hate hearing the conspiracy, whining cry baby crap.

If you want consistency why weren’t you complaining about the PI’s and face mask that we got away with?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I got ripped for this recently, but I keep telling you that the league will not let us reach another Super Bowl until that D Bag commissioner is gone, and the refs suddenly no longer feel like they are no longer encouraged to bend us over at the MOST inopportune times of EVERY close game.
You got ripped for a reason because that’s the most absurd thing I’ve ever heard.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh...they’re inconsistent as hell and I almost stopped watching the NFL altogether a few years ago when I had the NFL package and saw how inconsistent it was across the board. My point is we had plenty of calls/non calls fo our way tonight and so did Pitt, arguably we benefited more. I just hate hearing the conspiracy, whining cry baby crap.

If you want consistency why weren’t you complaining about the PI’s and face mask that we got away with?
No one is whining or crying here, hey I don't remember any where in my thread writing "Hey Aria please give me your pearls of wisdom on the officiating tonight" and you know why? Because I could care less....If you think its whining crying and conspiracy do your self a favor stay out of the dad burn thread don't come on here insulting everyone because you think you are Mr. football and the only one with an opinion that matters..

snadler

Reaction score
Just shows you how really nobody has any clue what they are doing with this coaching staff, you try a very risky trick play on a kickoff but then don’t go for it on 4th and inches..just mind boggling