4th and inches and the refs

aria

Reaction score
No one is whining or crying here, hey I don't remember any where in my thread writing "Hey Aria please give me your pearls of wisdom on the officiating tonight" and you know why? Because I could care less....If you think its whining crying and conspiracy do your self a favor stay out of the dad burn thread don't come on here insulting everyone because you think you are Mr. football and the only one with an opinion that matters..
If you could care less that mean you actually do care, it’s “I couldn’t care less”. There’s some more pearls of wisdom, free of charge.

There’s already several threads of people whining and crying about the officiating which only happens when we lose. When we win, there’s no mention of the other team getting screwed as well.

I’m not using my opinion, I’m stating facts that contradict these matter of fact statements. For every penalty they cry about, I can give them one that the other team can claim bias. If it was one sided, or favoritism, I wouldn’t be able to do that would I?

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
If you could care less that mean you actually do care, it’s “I couldn’t care less”. There’s some more pearls of wisdom, free of charge.

There’s already several threads of people whining and crying about the officiating which only happens when we lose. When we win, there’s no mention of the other team getting screwed as well.

I’m not using my opinion, I’m stating facts that contradict these matter of fact statements. For every penalty they cry about, I can give them one that the other team can claim bias. If it was one sided, or favoritism, I wouldn’t be able to do that would I?
Love refs...hate Zeke...
We all know who you are by now.

We also know you have a poster hanging in your bedroom of Ed Hochuli in a speedo.

So here's the conundrum:
If Zeke retires and becomes a referee, do you hang a poster of him in a black and white striped speedo on your bedroom wall too?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Not going for it on 4th and inches and the refs is all the recap you need for this one..
We all *****ed and whined about Jason Garrett's INABILITIES to manage a game and going for it when we had a chance to take control of a game and what do we have now??????? We have another piss poor coach who would rather kick field goals on a losing 2- 6 team that is going NOWHERE this year. Twice during this game he had an opportunity to make a statement and both times he put he head between his legs and disappeared somewhere along the sideline. This dude is a lousy coach who got ran out of Green Bay because Rogers called it like he saw it, " MM is a clueless coach who doesn't have any balls"!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Not going for it on 4th and inches and the refs is all the recap you need for this one..

MM was gutless on the 4th and nothing.

Had Steelers on the ropes and let up.

Predictable.

Verdict

Reaction score
We all *****ed and whined about Jason Garrett's INABILITIES to manage a game and going for it when we had a chance to take control of a game and what do we have now??????? We have another piss poor coach who would rather kick field goals on a losing 2- 6 team that is going NOWHERE this year. Twice during this game he had an opportunity to make a statement and both times he put he head between his legs and disappeared somewhere along the sideline. This dude is a lousy coach who got ran out of Green Bay because Rogers called it like he saw it, " MM is a clueless coach who doesn't have any balls"!
We lost the game. What are you complaining about? Wasn’t that the goal for most on this board. Play hard, look great. Lose the game. Checkmate.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Pittsburg always gets the calls. Always.

So does Green Bay, so does the Patriots, so does Seattle, so does KC, so does the Saints, so does any team that's been better than us the past 25+ years.

Whine, whine, whine. "The refs are cheating!" Do you know how childish that sounds? Almost like, "Ma, he's making faces at me." So weak.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
So does Green Bay, so does the Patriots, so does Seattle, so does KC, so does the Saints, so does any team that's been better than us the past 25+ years.

Whine, whine, whine. "The refs are cheating!" Do you know how childish that sounds? Almost like, "Ma, he's making faces at me." So weak.

The Saints definitely don’t. The Cowboys’ opponents have the least penalty yards so far this season. They also had the least opposing penalty yards in 2018. Cowboys and Saints rank 31 and 32 in penalty yard differential the last 3 years.

I never say anything about the refs, but it got a little ridiculous in the 4th quarter today. This was the first game in a few weeks I actually got into and that illegal contact ruined it for me. I nearly (and wish I had) turned it off at that point.

Verdict

Reaction score

Sticking your head in the sand gets dirt in your eyes, mouth and nose. I don’t recommend it.

You can pretend that the Cowboys never get bad calls and play the self righteous card if you want, but the anti Cowboy bias is alive and well.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Sticking your head in the sand gets dirt in your eyes, mouth and nose. I don’t recommend it.

You can pretend that the Cowboys never get bad calls and play the self righteous card if you want, but the anti Cowboy bias is alive and well.

No one's pretending anything. The Cowboys ALWAYS get bad calls. But so do the other 31 teams if you actually watch other games. The refs miss calls all the time because there's not 11 of them on the field to watch all 11 matchups occurring at the same time. Law of averages and all, you know? I just want to know how people can see inside these refs heads to know that they're intentionally trying to stick it to the team that does the most for league visibility in the form of ratings.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The Saints definitely don’t. The Cowboys’ opponents have the least penalty yards so far this season. They also had the least opposing penalty yards in 2018. Cowboys and Saints rank 31 and 32 in penalty yard differential the last 3 years.

I never say anything about the refs, but it got a little ridiculous in the 4th quarter today. This was the first game in a few weeks I actually got into and that illegal contact ruined it for me. I nearly (and wish I had) turned it off at that point.

And how'd the Saints do the past 3 years? Why does Goodell hate them just like he hates us and yet what have been their records?

Last edited:

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I will agree....

Lost season and you're not going on 4th and inches? Literally nothing to lose but potential draft position.

They may not say they're tanking, but that says they're tanking.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
The refs are what they are, and there are no consequences for them being awful at their jobs. Much like there are no consequences for our coaches being bad at their jobs. You are 2-6 playing an undefeated team with a little momentum, and instead of taking a lot of momentum, you coach the whole game scared and play for field goals (where have we seen that before?) Instead of taking a moral victory, all I can think about is that we were a good OC and a benched Jaylon from winning this game.

tico

Reaction score
MMs wife can you please untuck your man's balls

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So do you want to talk about the officiating in the first half, starting off with the clear PI against the Cowboys on 3rd down that would have been a 40 yard gain for Pitt? What about the obvious fde mask when Pitt failed to get the 4th down conversion? What about the 2nd PI on third down that should have been called against Brown? I have more if you’d like to hear them or you can just continue to play the victim.
Are you a Cowboys fan or Squeelers fan?

Make a choice.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Well they got screwed out of a Super Bowl due to the refs so there is that...

Maybe so but they're in the mix year after year despite poor penalty differentials. Why aren't we? Why haven't we been since forever? Excuses, excuses.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
We are tanking at this point, were not playoff bound so gotta rebuild and make a run next year with some good draft picks + FA moves.