4th and inches and the refs

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Complaining about calls when your team is 2-7 is absolutely hilarious, and the fact that so many Cowboys fans act like the Cowboys are the only victim of bad calls is ridiculous. No call will ever be as bad as the PI call that kept the Saints from the SB.
Beg to differ being ALL fans whose teams play the Steelers do the same. How do you think they have 6 rings?! The league's been full of bad calls that kept teams from advancing.

"No call will ever be as bad as the" 2017-2018 playoffs when the refs called a holding on KC when they stopped the Steelers on 4 & inches. It moved the chains & the Steelers scored to win the game to advance in the AFC championship game vs the Pats who won to move on to the Superbowl vs Philly.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Refs were forced to throw a flag on Jaylon Smith's roughing the passer for the sheer stupidity of it.

"I'm blocked! REALLY blocked. They are shutting me down. Can't... reach... Big Ben. He's so close! I know. I will stretch my arm out... He's so close... if I... if I can just reach I can... THERE! I moved his helmet a little with my hand!"

The entire sequence reminds of one of those seemingly super strong toddlers in a store's toy section, who has a parent trying to drag the kid away but the kid is straining with all his/her power to reach that one toy they REALLY want. The kid uses the last bit of Kryptonian strength and gets their fingertips on the toy JUST BEFORE the parent finally decides they gotta ramp up their adult strength on the little brat.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Beg to differ being ALL fans whose teams play the Steelers do the same. How do you think they have 6 rings?! The league's been full of bad calls that kept teams from advancing.

"No call will ever be as bad as the" 2017-2018 playoffs when the refs called a holding on KC when they stopped the Steelers on 4 & inches. It moved the chains & the Steelers scored to win the game to advance in the AFC championship game vs the Pats who won to move on to the Superbowl vs Philly.

Missed calls are just as bad as bad calls. I think one most rememberable non calls was the no call for pass interference in the saints/rams NFC championship game for the 2018 season.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Refs were forced to throw a flag on Jaylon Smith's roughing the passer for the sheer stupidity of it.

"I'm blocked! REALLY blocked. They are shutting me down. Can't... reach... Big Ben. He's so close! I know. I will stretch my arm out... He's so close... if I... if I can just reach I can... THERE! I moved his helmet a little with my hand!"

The entire sequence reminds of one of those seemingly super strong toddlers in a store's toy section, who has a parent trying to drag the kid away but the kid is straining with all his/her power to reach that one toy they REALLY want. The kid uses the last bit of Kryptonian strength and gets their fingertips on the toy JUST BEFORE the parent finally decides they gotta ramp up their adult strength on the little brat.

Where as many to most Cowboys fans didn't like getting that flag, I don't ever want to see flags dropped on the Cowboys, the rule is anytime a defender hits the helmet it's a penalty. I remember times with both Romo and Prescott where a defender had just barely grazed their helmets with a hand and they got the calls. I'll bet that many of those complaining about Smith's flag forget about those times.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where as many to most Cowboys fans didn't like getting that flag, I don't ever want to see flags dropped on the Cowboys, the rule is anytime a defender hits the helmet it's a penalty. I remember times with both Romo and Prescott where a defender had just barely grazed their helmets with a hand and they got the calls. I'll bet that many of those complaining about Smith's flag forget about those times.
lol. I remember practically ALL the hits on Romo. Key point is "on Romo." His "respectability" as a quarterback deserving equal protection as his peers with refs was always moderate-to-low.

On the OTHER hand, the same cannot be said of Roethlisberger, who has been in the league... Heck. How long HAS Big Ben been in Pittsburgh? Seems forever.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
lol. I remember practically ALL the hits on Romo. Key point is "on Romo." His "respectability" as a quarterback deserving equal protection as his peers with refs was always moderate-to-low.

On the OTHER hand, the same cannot be said of Roethlisberger, who has been in the league... Heck. How long HAS Big Ben been in Pittsburgh? Seems forever.

Big beg was in the eli and rivers draft i believe, so like 2003?

Refs definitely let some hits go on romo.

As for dak i think he gets the newton treatment even though hes not as much of a runner. Big strong guy who can take the hits so they let some slide.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

This is his 17th season.

Praxit

Reaction score
I would have gone for it on 4th and inches. We’re already 2-6. We go for it. And the refs; is it not obvious? They’re always against us. It’s been bad since that Dez catch.
....that was exactly what I was Yelling at the Telly. >>>> Go for it>> we got nothing to lose. Adding to the fact I was not impressed by Steelers D. They would have got the 1st down.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He named Pittsburgh........the city, not the team.

kskboys

Reaction score

The horrific one sided calls in the Pats vs Jax championship game were the worst I've ever seen when talking about the total game, though no call will ever rival the non-call in the NO game. That was just pure crooked. Like someone's family was being threatened.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Do you remember the game, I think it was a lions game, where it was 3rd down and Romo was throwing to his right. It was incomplete and the ref was behind to the left and a defender barely touched Romo's helmet and right after the pass went incomplete Romo starting walking to the right towards the sidelines thinking the punt team would be coming out and players and coaches on the sidelines were pointing to the flag that Romo didn't see and he stopped and turned back. The flag was for a hit to the helmet but Romo must have assumed that it wasn't enough to be called a penalty. Later he said the defenders tips of his fingers barley touched his helmet.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
And Jaylon. BTW, I'm sadly not surprised the refs were rubbish. It's Corrente. Remember week 1 against the Rams? It's the same ref! I can't stand Tony Corrente!

Yep..........as soon as I saw it was Corrente's crew doing the game I know we were going to get screwed.

Now I will say the Jaylon roughing call was correct, he did hit Big Ben in the face but the others were tick tack as hell and then no call on Amari getting grabbed in the endzone.

Jerry and the Commish have bad blood between them so I dont expect any calls in our favor for a long while, it is what it is.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yep..........as soon as I saw it was Corrente's crew doing the game I know we were going to get screwed.

Now I will say the Jaylon roughing call was correct, he did hit Big Ben in the face but the others were tick tack as hell and then no call on Amari getting grabbed in the endzone.

Jerry and the Commish have bad blood between them so I dont expect any calls in our favor for a long while, it is what it is.

Jaylon's roughing call was weak but correct. That said, TJ Watt did the EXACT same thing to Gilbert, but he received no penalty for it. I do wonder what will help fix this issue. Have you noticed how when we have a critical game, Corrente is usually tapped to ref the game? LA Rams earlier this year, Green Bay in the 2016 playoff game, the Steelers game now.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Every fan forum on the internet is convinced the refs are out to get their team.

Players and coaches make mistakes all game because they're human. But when a ref makes a mistake it's evidence of bias, perhaps even a conspiracy. :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you remember the game, I think it was a lions game, where it was 3rd down and Romo was throwing to his right. It was incomplete and the ref was behind to the left and a defender barely touched Romo's helmet and right after the pass went incomplete Romo starting walking to the right towards the sidelines thinking the punt team would be coming out and players and coaches on the sidelines were pointing to the flag that Romo didn't see and he stopped and turned back. The flag was for a hit to the helmet but Romo must have assumed that it wasn't enough to be called a penalty. Later he said the defenders tips of his fingers barley touched his helmet.
I am not certain of the particular game but I recall the 2014 Rams game where the defender completely missed Romo's helmet and hit his shoulder:

YYf1ytO.gif

It was one of those times when I was surprised the refs threw a flag. Then laughed to myself that it was not even a penalty, unlike notably uncalled actual infractions.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Every fan forum on the internet is convinced the refs are out to get their team.

Players and coaches make mistakes all game because they're human. But when a ref makes a mistake it's evidence of bias, perhaps even a conspiracy. :muttley:
Except for the NO non-call. That was purely crooked.

Mannix

Reaction score
There is actually one angle of the NO/LA play (camera is on the sideline closer to the end zone) that actually looks as if the ball may had already passed by the receivers hands prior to him being hit....doesn't appear to be a bad non call.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There is actually one angle of the NO/LA play (camera is on the sideline closer to the end zone) that actually looks as if the ball may had already passed by the receivers hands prior to him being hit....doesn't appear to be a bad non call.

I think you're in extremely serious need of an eye exam. This link shows the play from every angle at none of them show the ball getting there before the contact.

kskboys

Reaction score
Sorry, there's not. Someone sent you a fake.