4th Easiest Schedule

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
10 or 11 seems very possible to me, give or take an unexpected win or loss. Much depends upon how much things change in the draft and FA.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Our easier schedule's due to being in the worst division. Going 6-0 vrs the Least isn't a real achievement and doesn't prepare a team for the rigors of the play-offs.
Explain what alternate choice we have but to beat the piss out of our division?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
They could go 17-0 and it won’t matter. I won’t believe in this franchise again until they actually show up and win in January.

They have shown themselves to be nothing more than frontrunners and talkers.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Explain what alternate choice we have but to beat the piss out of our division?

Fool's Gold, just dont think that beating and accumulating yards against the East is anything more than expected. What it does is invalidate the monikers such as "No.1 Offense" and if belittles our ranking once we play a decent team in the play-offs.

As it said in The Athletic this week "you dont play bottom-feeders in January".

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Fool's Gold, just dont think that beating and accumulating yards against the East is anything more than expected. What it does is invalidate the monikers such as "No.1 Offense" and if belittles our ranking once we play a decent team in the play-offs.

As it said in The Athletic this week "you dont play bottom-feeders in January".
That wasn't my point in asking the question. Would you rather Dallas forfeited or something?
It's no different than every division leader in every division.
Maybe if some fans were more grounded and were patient, they wouldn't get their hopes at an unrealistic high. Instead of granting the team a SB contender before the season is half over, chill out and see what unfolds in an already too long a season. Then maybe they wouldn't be so butt hurt when things don't pan out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter how easy the schedule is we always manage to lose to at least one crap team. I think we’ll struggle to win 9 or 10 games next season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I have the feeling fans are going to be screaming for Sean Payton for most of next season. After every loss the board is going to be loaded with Sean Payton threads. McCarthy is already feeling the heat and we’re only a month into the off-season.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Aw, what the heck. 8-9. Philly takes the division. We're out of the playoffs.
McCarthy gets fired. Sean Payton says "no" to the Cowboys. Baby-face Kellen becomes the new head coach.
Jason Garrett 2.0

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Too early to tell. We will win against teams with an under 500 record, and we will lose against teams with an over 500 record.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Road games at Titans Rams Packers plus TB and Cincy here ….how the heck is this an “ easy schedule “ …..?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Road games at Titans Rams Packers plus TB and Cincy here ….how the heck is this an “ easy schedule “ …..?

So true -- that thought occurred to me from the start. Just because someone thinks it's easy doesn't mean it's so. Those five games should prove to be more than just difficult ones to extract wins from. The fact that they'll be played by the 'Boys as visitors makes them even tougher to deal with.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
So true -- that thought occurred to me from the start. Just because someone thinks it's easy doesn't mean it's so. Those five games should prove to be more than just difficult ones to extract wins from. The fact that they'll be played by the 'Boys as visitors makes them even tougher to deal with.

Besides that, a new year is always different from the previous. Who had the 2020 4-11-1 Bengals a threat in 2021? A lot of movement is yet to come. We just don't know. Tampa Bay might even be a good team next year.

Another thing to consider is it's foolish to expect 6-0 against the division. Let alone do it two years in a row. For almost two decades the Patriots played in the dumpster division and only managed it twice.

conner01

Reaction score
Coogs, not sure how many wins but whatever it is, some here will never admit, much less take into account that we have the 4th easiest schedule…..they will just point to the win total.
Because you don’t know who has the easiest schedule
Take the bengals last year
A teams record from the year before means nothing
A team that was terrible can be good
A team who played in the SB can be average or worse
The previous seasons records tells you next to nothing

shabazz

Reaction score
Because you don’t know who has the easiest schedule
Take the bengals last year
A teams record from the year before means nothing
A team that was terrible can be good
A team who played in the SB can be average or worse
The previous seasons records tells you next to nothing

…..I bet we won’t be any better

Motorola

Reaction score
Add to that - no matter which AFC division the Cowboys have played the last four seasons - they've gone 1-3 every year.
2021__ West; 2020__North; 2019__ East; 2018__South.