Twitter: 4th & Goal at the 1, season on the line, which 1 of 4 Cowboys RBs gets the ball?

RoboQB

Reaction score
one of those names has never been on the team

While the OP misspelled Dorsett, I can assure you that all
four have, uh, been on the team. Obviously, one still is.

Tony Dorsett
Herschel Walker
Emmitt Smith
Ezekiel Elliott (Zeke, for short)

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anyone behind that 90's OL. Talk about dominant.... We tried to copy that and were close for 2 years but no longer anywhere near that good now.

mrmojo

Reaction score
#22 , he had a knack for getting first downs. His only kryptonite was Barry Switzer...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Another slobbering Dak everyone else suks thread. The Daksters hate them some Elliott. Lol

RoboQB

Reaction score
This is a fun exercise.

We should also do a 4th and goal from the 10. Who do you throw the ball to?

Pearson
Irvin
Dez
Novacek
Witten.

I gotta say, that list looks good to me.
Let me throw in some honorable mentions.

Golden Richards, Butch Johnson and Tony "Thrill" Hill.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

:starspin:
:cool:o_O;)
:thumbup:

Ready...Set...Go...

:popcorn:

Depends on the season and the coach.

If it's Garrett, there's at least a 60 percent chance that it's an empty-backfield pass.

If it's Landry, it's a fullback dive. (Perkins, Garrison, Newhouse)

If it's Johnson, it's power right with a fullback lead. (Emmitt)

For sake of this exercise, Smith is the clear choice.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
This question is much easier if you reverse it. Who do you give the ball to if you HAVE to lose 1 yard on the last play of the game. Easiest answer of all time. Julius Jones.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
If they all have the same line I’m going with Zeke. He and Herschel are the two bruisers. Emmitt wasn’t great on the goal line once his line started to deteriorate.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith is one of the best players to ever put on a uniform in the NFL. What kind of question is this?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hershel was a studder step kind of back - not the one I would give it to at the goal line.

100 percent agree. For the size that Herschel was, he rarely just tried to plow into the end zone. Part of that was because he ran high (not the Gregory kind of high) so he didn't generate as much power as he could. He preferred to either leap or look for a hole. I never quite understood it.

Emmitt understood how to get behind his pads and also how to get skinny when needed. He was tough to stop around the goal line. For his size, he had a great knowledge of what he needed to do to score in short-yardage situations. I think Elliott could stand to learn some of that slipperyness that Smith had. His mind-set is powering his way in.