5 veteran free agents to consider at each position

Hardline

Reaction score
The work isn’t done. Dallas addressed several of their needs in their 2023 draft weekend haul. However the work isn’t done, churn is still possible. Right now, Dallas has filled 87 of their 90 offseason slots. They’ll grab a couple of more guys after the tryouts at rookie minicamp are completed and that will happen without anyone having to lose their jobs.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...ations&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=2961898

Jipper

Reaction score
GIve me Kareem Hunt & Dalton Risner and call it a day!

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Robby Gould,
Isaiah Wynn
Maybe Harry has a chance to be something in a WC offense. Worth a flyer. No one else on there that interests me.

Carson

Reaction score
I’ll take Risner/Pugh (if healthy) and Robbie Gould.

starfan1

Reaction score
opportunities are there
Isiah Wynn
Jarvis Landry
Robbie Gould.

We could make risen happy and go wentz (J/K)

I wouldnt be opposed to hunt either

SlammedZero

Reaction score
There are actually some interesting names in that list. Defintiely a few I think would be worth kicking the tires on.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If they didn’t bring in a UDFA kicker yet, that can’t be the plan.

So it’ll have to be a veteran retread.

With how much teams ask of their kickers in such high pressure spots, it amazes me how nonchalantly they treat the position.

A bad kicker can ruin a lot of great effort, and how times does it come down to them?

I don’t get it.

ESisback

Reaction score
Just curious to why does everyone like Risner? I've read he wasn't very good last year.
Anyone we don’t get is good. If we had great people at every spot, but neglected the backup long snapper, there’d be multiple threads SCREAMING “How could they neglect a backup longsnapper? Fools! They don’t care about winning!”

Carson

Reaction score
Just curious to why does everyone like Risner? I've read he wasn't very good last year.
I feel like you’re getting the same guy with Risner/Pugh/Schofield at LG.

Risner however is much younger, durable and more healthy at the moment. All are mid 60s rated on PFF.

Risner thought will be only 28. You hope he can be Kyle Kosier for you. Come in at a decent price and solidify the position for a few years.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
The work isn’t done. Dallas addressed several of their needs in their 2023 draft weekend haul. However the work isn’t done, churn is still possible. Right now, Dallas has filled 87 of their 90 offseason slots. They’ll grab a couple of more guys after the tryouts at rookie minicamp are completed and that will happen without anyone having to lose their jobs.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...ations&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=2961898
i would not mind Darrell Henderson he and pollard split time at memphis

Mason Crosby for kicking competition

nucci for that development QB he tore up xfl

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Kicker is the only need.

If a veteran like CB Marcus Peters has anything remaining, he'll want to sign with a team that does not have unquestioned starters at outside CB...