News: 5 Worst Contracts for 2019 Dallas Cowboys

Trendnet

Reaction score
I'll ask you again, where is he "your starter". Don't hide behind semantics or technicalities. Have the guts to tell me where you want Tyrone Crawford "starting" for your team.

Sure they do, when teams don't have better options. But it makes them "starters" in name only, not by design. Again, you know it, I know it. The guy I said nothing more than a rotational role player.

Seriously? Then what's that "one starting spot" he's been playing that everyone buy you has missed?

The level some people go to ignore the harsh truths is staggering.

I see where we are disconnecting here.

You're arguing from a hypersensitive emotional place of "what if's, candy's and nuts, and imaginary scenarios"; while I'm simply stating what is.

/shrug.

I thought Verdict's obsession with Dez Bryant was bad, but you make him look normal with your obsession with Crawford

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see where we are disconnecting here.

You're arguing from a hypersensitive emotional place of "what if's, candy's and nuts, and imaginary scenarios"; while I'm simply stating what is.

/shrug.

I thought Verdict's obsession with Dez Bryant was bad, but you make him look normal with your obsession with Crawford

And yet I still can’t get you to answer the question of “what is” Crawford’s real “starting time”. You continue to rightly avoid answering it.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
5 Worst Contracts for 2019 Dallas Cowboys
https://insidethestar.com/5-worst-contracts-for-2019-dallas-cowboys/

DL Tyrone Crawford - $10.1 million cap hit

WR Allen Hurns - $6.25 million cap hit

LB Sean Lee - $6 million cap hit

TE Jason Witten - $4.25 million cap hit

DE Taco Charlton - $2.74 million cap hit

Yep, T Craw and Hurnsie should be more cap friendly deals. IDK, I'd think twice about approaching T Craw after a belly full of beer by myself. I could outrun Hurns with that ankle. I'd be like "here's your restructured contract".... run lol

dckid

Reaction score

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
And yet I still can’t get you to answer the question of “what is” Crawford’s real “starting time”. You continue to rightly avoid answering it.
With 9m for Suh and 11m for McCoy the 7m for TCrawford is a bargain like I have said from the start

And Starter is a loaded term for Marinelli's Rushmen

TCrawford gets 60% of the snaps for 5 straight years..... suck on that @Hennessy_King

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With 9m for Suh and 11m for McCoy the 7m for TCrawford is a bargain like I have said from the start

TCrawford gets 60% of the snaps for 5 straight years..... suck on that @Hennessy_King

Crawford's total cost is $10 million, salary plus bonus money. Sunk cost and current cost.

And at $10 million for the rotational player that he is, he's grossly overpaid.

Ndamukung Suh and Gerald McCoy are a force at defensive tackle, it's why they are, have been, and continue to be in demand. Crawford is a plug-in. And if Dallas cuts him, he'll struggle to make half of what those guys do, and rightfully so. But yet the Cowboys continue to overpay him. That's their own stupidity.

Line him up at defensive end if you have a hole there - unless there's a snowball's chance in hell that your opponent is passing, because Crawford can't get you a sack there.

Or line him up inside if you have injury or to give your true starter a breather there.

What an "indispensable bargain" he is!
:laugh:

Verdict

Reaction score
Witten and Lee are especially bad contracts. Witten should have never been brought back. Lee also appears to be done.

I’m all for Witten and Lee being hired to coach for the Cowboys, but based on their recent level of play neither deserves a roster spot or money from the Cowboys as a player.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

It's 10M this year tho. You can't just keep flim flamming the numbers to make him look good. I'd rather pay mccoy suh 9 or mccoy 11 than even 7 for Ty Craw. Saving money doesn't win games. Better players do

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witten and Lee are especially bad contracts. Witten should have never been brought back. Lee also appears to be done.

I’m all for Witten and Lee being hired to coach for the Cowboys, but based on their recent level of play neither deserves a roster spot or money from the Cowboys as a player.

Nobody does "player/coach" like the Cowboys.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...nfl-players-add-to-the-cowboys-coaching-staff

Not only do they lead the league in former players on staff, but now they're in the business of having coaches on the roster, like they did with Kellen Moore in the past and now with Lee and Witten.

If only that strategy would pay off?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Crawford's total cost is $10 million, salary plus bonus money. Sunk cost and current cost.

And at $10 million for the rotational player that he is, he's grossly overpaid.

Ndamukung Suh and Gerald McCoy are a force at defensive tackle, it's why they are, have been, and continue to be in demand. Crawford is a plug-in. And if Dallas cuts him, he'll struggle to make half of what those guys do, and rightfully so. But yet the Cowboys continue to overpay him. That's their own stupidity.

Line him up at defensive end if you have a hole there - unless there's a snowball's chance in hell that your opponent is passing, because Crawford can't get you a sack there.

Or line him up inside if you have injury or to give your true starter a breather there.

What an "indispensable bargain" he is!
:laugh:
The 3m in Dead Money isn't attached to him any more than it is attached to Tony Romo

It is a a Team cost..... it stays whether TCrawford goes or not

The only real cost is the base salary and that is 7m

Keep it 100

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The 3m in Dead Money isn't attached to him any more than it is attached to Tony Romo

Keep it 100
His contract sucked when he signed it and still sucks now.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It's 10M this year tho. You can't just keep flim flamming the numbers to make him look good. I'd rather pay mccoy suh 9 or mccoy 11 than even 7 for Ty Craw. Saving money doesn't win games. Better players do
And that is why we drafted THill and signed RQuinn..... we are all full up here

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score

Keep it 100
Right. $3 million is essentially debt service.