55-yard bomb from Dak to Tavon

ItzKelz

Reaction score
At a loss here. Is this a thread about Prescott's arm strength in a walk through against air? Need some direction on what is supposed to be exciting.
They are practicing.....it's happening.....it's happening!!!

Scotman

Reaction score
Optical illusion due to the video angle. You flip the video around and it's actually a 5 yard Y-option pass to Witt.
If that was a 5 yard pass to Witt...they also sped the replay up 500%...and the first down was at 6 yards.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GhoyEGH.png

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep don't show him having to cock his arm back to the ground to throw it, or don't complain about the protection when he has to wind up for two yards to throw it. :facepalm:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There is a huge difference between making that connection at practice in shorts and doing it at a game in pads. The receiver will almost always be short of the pass unless it is practiced in pads. This video is fun but it does not suggest we will see this happen in a game. Show me video of them doing this consistently in pads.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak does not have a weak arm but the long bomb is not a real measurement of arm strength it is more about timing. The deep out routs will test a QB arm strength as that throw has to be thrown on a line and have a lot of zip on it so the DB can't jump the rout.

blueblood70

Reaction score
no pass rush practice, no pressure at all..i could most likely make that throw, well with JR Football but Luck used one so can I..LOL

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This is a routiine NFL throw that almost every QB in the NFL can make with no coverage and no pressure. Daniel Jones had the same one at his pro day.

I don't think Dak has a weak arm, really, but this doesn't show anything.

sean10mm

Reaction score
People act like YAC has nothing to do with the QB, but if you don't hit the guy on time in stride you almost never get any YAC.

Dak's problem isn't absolute arm strength. It's inconsistent technique, which leads to inconsistent ball placement. It's going to sound like a lazy comparison, but Dak has always reminded me a little of McNabb. McNabb was always a guy who was inconsistent with his timing and precision but rounded out into a good NFL starter. Of course he also had much better offensive coaching... I don't trust Andy Reid in the 4th quarter down 4 with 5 minutes left, but I do trust him with developing QBs the other 6 days a week.

It is funny how Cooper's yards per reception and catch rate jumped up when he went from Carr throwing to him to Dak throwing to him. Hmmm.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Hopefully more down the field passes will be included in the playcalling this upcoming season.