6-10 can win this division

agk136

Reaction score
If the records are 6-10 neither philly or dallas will even win their first playoff game. Best for philly to win so dallas will get a higher pick in the draft. I believe if you make the playoffs the highest seed in the draft is around position 20. Not making the playoff with the identical record you could be properly 5 to 8 picks higher.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Sigh.... seriously, WHY would you want yet ANOTHER year of embarrassment? I want these turds sitting AT home watching games with teams that actually have a heart and desire to win something other then 5 mins of media clips with cool sounding catchy phrase's....MEH after Buffalo I'm done with this trash *** team for the rest of the season.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
It's a travesty that any of these sorry teams will qualify for the playoffs over clearly far more worthy teams in other divisions.

The NFL should prevent such scenarios by putting minimum qualifications in place for playoff appearances. Maybe make a rule that all playoff teams must have a minimum of 8 wins to qualify for post season. That way if a division winner is not at least .500, then that spot is essentially open as another wildcard spot.

MikeB80

Reaction score
It's a travesty that any of these sorry teams will qualify for the playoffs over clearly far more worthy teams in other divisions.

The NFL should prevent such scenarios by putting minimum qualifications in place for playoff appearances. Maybe make a rule that all playoff teams must have a minimum of 8 wins to qualify for post season. That way if a division winner is not at least .500, then that spot is essentially open as another wildcard spot.

If Dallas beats chicago and LA then they will be among the top 6. So I am not sure what the big deal is.

The format is fine, division winners get home playoff games and it should never change.

Otherwise right now The bills would have a home game in the afc and the south winner or maybe KC would be a road team.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
If Dallas beats chicago and LA then they will be among the top 6. So I am not sure what the big deal is.

The format is fine, division winners get home playoff games and it should never change.

Otherwise right now The bills would have a home game in the afc and the south winner or maybe KC would be a road team.
IF that happened, they'd finish at .500 minimum, so it would make my proposal irrelevant. But, what if they don't? You're ok with a sub .500 division winner making the post season, and hosting a game, while a potentially 10-6 or 11-5 team sits at home?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IF that happened, they'd finish at .500 minimum, so it would make my proposal irrelevant. But, what if they don't? You're ok with a sub .500 division winner making the post season, and hosting a game, while a potentially 10-6 or 11-5 team sits at home?
Then get rid of divisions if you don't want to honor division winners.

As far as wanting the Cowboys to lose, uh uh, not me. I want the Cowboys to win every time they take the field. I don't care what the circumstances are.

As far as draft picks, y'all won't be happy who we draft anyway so we might as well win. Try to get hot and anything can happen.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
6-10 will not win this division.

Dallas is 6-6
Eagles are 5-7

One of these teams have to win there week 16 matchup. 7-9 could win this division though.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
If we win the Super Bowl after going 6-10 I'll be the first to say pay Dak $50 million per year. I'll take 6-10 every year if it means championship!

InTheZone

Reaction score
What if Dallas loses the test of their games and of course the only game Philly wins is against us?
I think we're assuming the Eagles lose every other game as well, minus the one against us. I don't know their division record, but I think we'd have the advantage there so the tiebreaker goes to us.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I think we're assuming the Eagles lose every other game as well, minus the one against us. I don't know their division record, but I think we'd have the advantage there so the tiebreaker goes to us.
But we'd still win the division at 6-10. It's highly unlikely though. I think we do win a couple more games. Just don't know which ones.

EndGame

Reaction score
6-10 cannot win this division.

Dallas is 6-6
Eagles are 5-7

One of these teams have to win there week 16 matchup. 7-9 could win this division though.
Math has never been my strong suit, but if Dallas loses out, and the Eagles lose out *except* for winning the game with Dallas, that puts them both at 6-10 with the Eagles winning the tiebreaker of common opponents. What's interesting is that the Commanders are 3-9. That means, obviously, that they could get to 7-9 and win the division in this scenario.

robjay04

Reaction score

But you have seen the several lower seeds win it all in tedejtnyears.

I agree with the premise of your post. I think the winner is going to win at least 8 games though I coupe be wrong.