6-10 can win this division

EndGame

Reaction score
But don’t the Commanders play the Eagles? So that won’t work.
Sure it would. In this scenario, the Eagles lose out EXCEPT for beating the Cowboys ... putting them at 6-10 and winning the division. The Commanders would thus be one of the teams that beat the Eagles. The Commanders could thus run the table and win the division at 7-9.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It's a travesty that any of these sorry teams will qualify for the playoffs over clearly far more worthy teams in other divisions.

The NFL should prevent such scenarios by putting minimum qualifications in place for playoff appearances. Maybe make a rule that all playoff teams must have a minimum of 8 wins to qualify for post season. That way if a division winner is not at least .500, then that spot is essentially open as another wildcard spot.

This would be stupid and would never happen. In any sport. If you want to do that, scrap divisions entirely at that point. You can't just pick and choose when a team gets in and when it doesn't.

The last 7-9 team to get in knocked off the defending champs....

cowboyec

Reaction score
we're not going 6-10.
i hate this place sometimes after loses.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Call me sick, but I’m kinda rooting for that.

The greatest hoot would be the Commanders beating us at home on the final game of the season to win the division. If we've fallen so far that that is possible in the final game, I'll be cheering for the Commanders for the lolz.

#BlackPilledCowboyFans

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Would be hilarious and somewhat admirable if the Cowboys tanked the next two games. Rest all the starters for the Eagles game because that's the one that really matters.

BHendri5

Reaction score
10-6 is winning this division, 6-10 ain’t winning jack

ICP

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would doubt this team could go 6-10. From what I've seen so far this year they could very well lose the next three to Chicago, LA, and Philly. At that point they might have well mailed it in and we could lose to Washington as well

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
This would be stupid and would never happen. In any sport. If you want to do that, scrap divisions entirely at that point. You can't just pick and choose when a team gets in and when it doesn't.

The last 7-9 team to get in knocked off the defending champs....

Who got in at 7-9 and won the sb?

Elusiv1

Reaction score
9-7 was the worse regular season record and that would the 2007 NY Giants. I don't remember anyone winning Jack with less wins then that..Just so happened they got hot at the right time!! Smdh...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
6-10 will not win this division.

Dallas is 6-6
Eagles are 5-7

One of these teams have to win there week 16 matchup. 7-9 could win this division though.

Not only can Dallas win the division at 6-10, they could do it in a three-way tie with Philly and the Skins. This division is such a mess.

Imagine winning the SB with a 6-10 record.

Get hot going into the playoffs on a losing streak.

That is top 5 cringeworthy of the world.

10-10, Super Bowl champs. Garrett gets fired after the parade. :muttley:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Call me sick, but I’m kinda rooting for that.

Giants win out- 6 games
Cowboys lose out- 6 games
Eagles win against boys and lose other three- 6 games
Commanders win against Eagles Boys and Packers while losing to Giants- 6 wins

phillycard

Reaction score
not too long ago, and they were flat out terrible, one of the most boring playoff games ever.

We've never made the playoffs at 7-9. The year we went to the SB, we were 9-7 and wound up hosting the Eagles for the NFC Championship. You're probably talking about the year we lost to the Panthers with good old Ryan Lindley. We were 10-6 that year. What an awful, awful game.