6 2019 NFL Free Agent Predictions - 12UP

bb721

Reaction score
The tag doesn’t effect next season.

He’s implying that we could possibly franchice tag him AGAIN for next year if we can’t reach a long term deal, so of course that would effect next season if it happens.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Dlaw is going to be wearing the star next year and beyond. Wasn't he playing with a bum shoulder? Get that fixed.

Let's sign a 30-year-old often injured player to an overpriced contract. At least Lee will have company in the infirmary

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to say this and it's not going to be popular, I know, but Lawrence made very little impact against the Rams. He was matched up against Havenstein, who is an average RT in this league, at best IMO, and he got handled. Don't miss understand me, I do think that DLaw is a pretty darn good player but is he good enough to get paid the way he wants and expects to? That, I don't know.
True. He will get paid but will we pay him what he wants? He is going to make some good money either way. Good for him. He has earned it.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to say this and it's not going to be popular, I know, but Lawrence made very little impact against the Rams. He was matched up against Havenstein, who is an average RT in this league, at best IMO, and he got handled. Don't miss understand me, I do think that DLaw is a pretty darn good player but is he good enough to get paid the way he wants and expects to? That, I don't know.

Havenstein is one of the best RTs in the game, if not the best. So yes that your opinion. And from your post you're implying that at the abolsute maximum he's an average RT, but more than likely less than average. That would show a lack of knowledge on the topic.

They used their slot to chip Lawrence all game, so the Rams didn't feel like one of the best RTs in the game could do it by himself.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
https://www.12up.com/posts/6272796-...ns?view_source=leagues_page&view_medium=[nfl]

DeMarcus Lawrence: New York Jets
DeMarcus Lawrence proved that he was worth the franchise tag this season with the Dallas Cowboys. Now, he is expected to cash in as quite possibly the best player on the open market.

The New York Jets are in desperate need for a pass rusher, and luckily for them, they have over $98 million to spend. Lawrence would be a perfect fit for the Jets, as he can get to the quarterback and be an absolute game wrecker.

Imagine DeMarcus Lawrence in a Gregg Williams defense...it's a scary thought, and it could very well happen.

Earl Thomas: Dallas Cowboys
It's no secret that there is mutual interest between Earl Thomas and the Dallas Cowboys.

Thomas notoriously went in the Cowboys locker room in 2017 to "come get [him]," and Dallas had a potential trade in place at the NFL Draft.

Luckily for the Cowboys, they have $48 million to spend this offseason. With Thomas suffering a broken leg earlier this season, his asking price could drop, which would benefit Dallas.

Prediction: D Law signs with Dallas
ET doesn't

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Yes that was the matchup BUT the Rams game was chipping Lawrence with WR's throughout when they went 3 Wr sets. D Law never knew where the chip was coming from. It was more than Lawrence versus Havenstein. Have to have WRs who are willing to throw their body in there in a complete mismatch but the Rams did and it was a good scheme

TheHerd

Reaction score
Earl Thomas only makes sense if he was the missing piece to a Super Bowl run. We all know Dallas needs more than an aging Pro Bowl-caliber safety.
We were probably an aging pro bowl caliber safety away from playing in the NFCC this week. Two of the biggest plays against the Rams never happen this week with a guy like ET on the field.
And that aging safety basically single-handedly beat us this year.
Defense in today's NFL is about turnovers and game changing plays. Our safeties make more of those for the opposition then for us. ET it's still good for some positive game changers. His health is the only real concern, so within reason I say get him

Sandyf

Reaction score
The only way Dallas doesn't resign Lawrence is if some team offers up there #1 this year and other top picks either in this draft or 2020. Expect Lawrence to resign before March 1st.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
https://www.12up.com/posts/6272796-...ns?view_source=leagues_page&view_medium=[nfl]

DeMarcus Lawrence: New York Jets
DeMarcus Lawrence proved that he was worth the franchise tag this season with the Dallas Cowboys. Now, he is expected to cash in as quite possibly the best player on the open market.

The New York Jets are in desperate need for a pass rusher, and luckily for them, they have over $98 million to spend. Lawrence would be a perfect fit for the Jets, as he can get to the quarterback and be an absolute game wrecker.

Imagine DeMarcus Lawrence in a Gregg Williams defense...it's a scary thought, and it could very well happen.

Earl Thomas: Dallas Cowboys
It's no secret that there is mutual interest between Earl Thomas and the Dallas Cowboys.

Thomas notoriously went in the Cowboys locker room in 2017 to "come get [him]," and Dallas had a potential trade in place at the NFL Draft.

Luckily for the Cowboys, they have $48 million to spend this offseason. With Thomas suffering a broken leg earlier this season, his asking price could drop, which would benefit Dallas.
At the very least Lawrence is getting the tag. We are not letting are best pass rusher leave for free.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you tag Tank for the upcoming season, you just have one more big contract to negotiate at the end of next season. Better to get it done beforehand.
I agree. But he has to sign it.
He’s implying that we could possibly franchice tag him AGAIN for next year if we can’t reach a long term deal, so of course that would effect next season if it happens.
Not if you don’t tag him lol.

slick325

Reaction score
I think Lawrence and ET will be on the Cowboys defense next season (2019).

This young team and young defense needs someone with championship pedigree, All-Pro ability, playmaking ability, familiarity with the soon to be new DC, and strong leadership skills in order to elevate the defense. ET brings all of these qualities both tangibly and via intangibles. Plus, he plays a position of need for over a decade.

Add a blue chip talent at DT via the draft, a better 1Tech and the 2019 defense could be special.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yes that was the matchup BUT the Rams game was chipping Lawrence with WR's throughout when they went 3 Wr sets. D Law never knew where the chip was coming from. It was more than Lawrence versus Havenstein. Have to have WRs who are willing to throw their body in there in a complete mismatch but the Rams did and it was a good scheme

There were chips, I agree but 3 tackles, no sacks, TFL or pressures? I would hope that we could see more from a player who is supposed to be one of the very best at his craft in the game.

silvrNblue

Reaction score

Well, in the defense's um defense, it has come to light they, the Rams KNEW what our D was doing before the snap. If you have that then even a rolly polly O lineman could beat you by letting you beat yourself.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, in the defense's um defense, it has come to light they, the Rams KNEW what our D was doing before the snap. If you have that then even a rolly polly O lineman could beat you by letting you beat yourself.

Yeah, I saw that but honestly, that's not as big of a deal with the Defense as if the Defense has a tell on the Offense. I mean, most of the time, if you read your keys, you kinda know this anyway. I think that's more of a headline thing then anything. I mean, it helps but it shouldn't mean you can't make plays.

Think about it, if this were really as big a deal as was reported, teams would spend unlimited amounts of money of scouting and tendencies and those types of things because there is no cap on what you can spend in that area and it would also mean that average players could stop very gifted players. There would be no need for drafting great athletes and spending on big contracts. Players win games in the NFL in my opinion. Coaching is very important and it certainly helps when a team is better prepared, LA Rams case in point, but players win games. JMO