76 Xavier Su'a Filo needs to be resigned. Guy who can do both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleD

Reaction score
I'm gonna get blasted for this, but I had a thought...

We have several very serviceable interior OL. Way more than we can put on the field at once.

Assuming you can retain a Looney and/or XSF if they are a starter.

I wonder how much the defense can be improved if Zack Martin was traded.

Itll never happen, but I wonder if you could get a Jamal Adams and a pick for him, if we would be better off overall.

Maybe Adams and one of their young DL for Martin?

Zack is probably my favorite player, but you cant expect to get an impact defender by trading Williams or McGovern.

Just a thought. Have at it lol.....

You can forget Jamal Adams...He is looking for a long term break the bank deal. Dallas isn't going to pay the safety position that kind of money. We will
most likely draft a safety somewhere in the draft as usual.

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm gonna get blasted for this, but I had a thought...

We have several very serviceable interior OL. Way more than we can put on the field at once.

Assuming you can retain a Looney and/or XSF if they are a starter.

I wonder how much the defense can be improved if Zack Martin was traded.

Itll never happen, but I wonder if you could get a Jamal Adams and a pick for him, if we would be better off overall.

Maybe Adams and one of their young DL for Martin?

Zack is probably my favorite player, but you cant expect to get an impact defender by trading Williams or McGovern.

Just a thought. Have at it lol.....

very bad idea.
you don't trade a hall of famer - and you have no idea or level what a McGovern will get ...vs a proven dominant future HOFer.
You hire and pay well personnel guys like McClay the big bucks to find the defensive guys that you need.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can forget Jamal Adams...He is looking for a long term break the bank deal. Dallas isn't going to pay the safety position that kind of money. We will
most likely draft a safety somewhere in the draft as usual.
I think Adams is more about draft compensation than having to ultimately pay him. It was only months ago they made the call to the Jets. They dont make that call if the contract is concerning. There concern is the steep asset price. Is al All Pro strong saftey worth two premium picks, and possibly more. That, and not his contract are the Cowboys concern

LittleD

Reaction score
I think Adams is more about draft compensation than having to ultimately pay him. It was only months ago they made the call to the Jets. They dont make that call if the contract is concerning. There concern is the steep asset price. Is al All Pro strong saftey worth two premium picks, and possibly more. That, and not his contract are the Cowboys concern

Even with 80mil in cap space this year, we have to pay Dak and Amari at least and retain some of our current expiring contract players. I would not want to give up that much money for safety and draft picks to boot. I can't believe the Cowboys FO would either.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Even with 80mil in cap space this year, we have to pay Dak and Amari at least and retain some of our current expiring contract players. I would not want to give up that much money for safety and draft picks to boot. I can't believe the Cowboys FO would either.
They were already willing to give up something for him. They made the call. Not the Jets. Like it or not they had very active interest in acquiring him and were willing to give up a 1st. And again, Dallas initiated

Maybe the interest has passed. But they definitely to trade their 2020 first round pick for a star with 2 years of contract control if they right guy is there

LittleD

Reaction score
They were already willing to give up something for him. They made the call. Not the Jets. Like it or not they had very active interest in acquiring him and were willing to give up a 1st. And again, Dallas initiated

That was last year in the middle of the season with a coaching staff soon to be past history. I haven't a clue what the new regime will think about the player and if he would even fit the next scheme.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That was last year in the middle of the season with a coaching staff soon to be past history. I haven't a clue what the new regime will think about the player and if he would even fit the next scheme.
Thats why I am saying the interest may have passed in Adams.

But its irrefutable that the FO is willing to trade a first round pick for a veteran player

LittleD

Reaction score
Thats why I am saying the interest may have passed in Adams.

But its irrefutable that the FO is willing to trade a first round pick for a veteran player

At this point in time, you could get a top quality Safety at #17 in the draft and have him for cheap and for up to 5 years. To win a SB with a covey of high priced players, you just have to win
at the draft and find some players who can actually play. If we don't, it won't matter cause we ain't going to sniff a SB.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At this point in time, you could get a top quality Safety at #17 in the draft and have him for cheap and for up to 5 years. To win a SB with a covey of high priced players, you just have to win
at the draft and find some players who can actually play. If we don't, it won't matter cause we ain't going to sniff a SB.
That pick could also bust, and Delpit and McKinney are nowhere near Adams caliber as a player.

Im not advocating a trade for Adams. But there was a good reason why they negotiated with the Jets. The opportunity may have been there to add an elite player. More and more teams are trading premium picks, including firsts for star players. Both teams in the Super Bowl traded premium picks for just exclusive negotiating rights to two star pass rushers. SF traded a 2nd for Dee Ford, and KC traded a 1st and 2nd for Clark and a 3rd.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That pick could also bust, and Delpit and McKinney are nowhere near Adams caliber as a player.

Im not advocating a trade for Adams. But there was a good reason why they negotiated with the Jets. The opportunity may have been there to add an elite player. More and more teams are trading premium picks, including firsts for star players. Both teams in the Super Bowl traded premium picks for just exclusive negotiating rights to two star pass rushers. SF traded a 2nd for Dee Ford, and KC traded a 1st and 2nd for Clark and a 3rd.
Adams is a heck of a SS, but Delpit is a playmaker in the secondary whether you put him at FS or SS.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Adams is a heck of a SS, but Delpit is a playmaker in the secondary whether you put him at FS or SS.
Delpit could be very good Safety, but he doesnt projected to be as much of an impact as Adams is. Adams went 6th overall and already has 2 All Pro's under his belt

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Again of the two Delpit is the playmaker. The guy is a ballhawk in the secondary.
So is Adams. Adams doesnt have TO production but he is a catalytic players downhill and also has exceptional range. Delpit is a very unreliable tackler. Adams is the far superior player

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So is Adams. Adams doesnt have TO production but he is a catalytic players downhill and also has exceptional range. Delpit is a very unreliable tackler. Adams is the far superior player
Delpit played on a severe ankle injury which hurt his tackling. When he was healthy he was a reliable tackler - before and after.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Delpit played on a severe ankle injury which hurt his tackling. When he was healthy he was a reliable tackler - before and after.
Even before the injury when I saw him he wasnt a strong tackler. I dont see him as being a plus run support player at the NFL level. He will be a good coverage player, and playmaker. But to me he isnt in the same level of the elite guys that have come out recently like Adams, Hooker, Fitzpatrick and James

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

They would have known what a top S would cost to extend and they would not trade premium picks for a 1 year rental.

Dak and Amari will cost ~$50m AAV between the two of them.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need this guy back on left side completing the stout interior OL that can move DL off the line scrimmage or sit back and form a wall for the franchise QB.

What I see from Xavier: Power, Tenacity, Finishing blocks, Road grader , Zeke TDs producer etc... who can play Zone and Power scheme.

It is comical.

You post videos that have numerous fails by the player that you are trying to hype.

At least learn to make your own videos or get a 5th grader to do it for you.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
It is comical.

You post videos that have numerous fails by the player that you are trying to hype.

At least learn to make your own videos or get a 5th grader to do it for you.

It’s still 100x more accurate than your made up b.s. analysis. :muttley:

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Xavier has natural power that other players typically don’t have. Aka a road grader for Zeke and Pollard.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Not spending a lot on any of our backup guards. I would resign Xavier close to a vet minimum short term deal. Looney something similar in the 1 to 1.5 million range.

There are far other needs that need to be immediately addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.