Twitter: 9 combine Pro Bowls still on rookie deals

erod

Reaction score
I see no problem with that. Quarterbacked his team to the playoffs. Solid TD to Int ratio....

The Pro Bowl guys were Jared Goff, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers.

Trubisky subbed for Goff, who was in the Super Bowl.

Russell Wilson subbed for Rodgers, who didn't want to go.

Matt Ryan said no to subbing for Brees because of a sore wrist. Brees didn't want to go.

Then, Dak subbed for Brees.

So Dak was the 7th choice after not making the Pro Bowl in 2018. (And Cousins should have been chosen instead.)

If you call that an "honor", then knock yourself out.

I ONLY pay attention to All-Pro teams. That distinction actually means something.

Remember, Roy Williams went to a million pro bowls, and he was just awful.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Just me, this is a management (Stephen ) problem, not players. What's interesting, show me a team/GM who does not wanna high percentage of his draft classes become Pro Bowlers. Frankly, it should be a good problem to have. Getting them paid should be secondary......

Show me a team/GM that has drafted 9 pro bowlers that are still on rookie deals. Dudes pretty damn good at drafting. Maybe that should be his approach. Hey, I drafted all you guys. Who's to say the rookie I just drafted isn't as good or better then you?

erod

Reaction score
Show me a team/GM that has drafted 9 pro bowlers that are still on rookie deals. Dudes pretty damn good at drafting. Maybe that should be his approach. Hey, I drafted all you guys. Who's to say the rookie I just drafted isn't as good or better then you?
Wrong.

Not 9 pro bowlers; 9 total pro bowls.

Zeke is 3 of them. Dak is 2. Byron Jones is 1. Leighton Vander Esch is 1. Cooper is 2.

And they didn't draft Cooper.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Wrong.

Not 9 pro bowlers; 9 total pro bowls.

Zeke is 3 of them. Dak is 2. Byron Jones is 1. Leighton Vander Esch is 1. Cooper is 2.

And they didn't draft Cooper.

They traded for him. Show me 5 teams in the league with 4 pro bowlers who they drafted still on rookie deals. We are real good at drafting. That's gonna hurt a trolls feelings.

erod

Reaction score
They traded for him. Show me 5 teams in the league with 4 pro bowlers who they drafted still on rookie deals. We are real good at drafting. That's gonna hurt a trolls feelings.
You said they have 9 pro bowlers that they drafted that are still on rookie deals.

No, they have 4 pro bowlers, 3 of which they drafted, that have 9 pro bowls amonst them that are on rookie deals.

Reading comprehension is good for a troll.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep we draft and develop players well these days. Not sure how that’s somehow snuck up on the twitterverse or why it’s supposed to be a sign that a young and deep team’s window is closing.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
You said they have 9 pro bowlers that they drafted that are still on rookie deals.

No, they have 4 pro bowlers, 3 of which they drafted, that have 9 pro bowls amonst them that are on rookie deals.

Reading comprehension is good for a troll.

You seem upset.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl guys were Jared Goff, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers.

Trubisky subbed for Goff, who was in the Super Bowl.

Russell Wilson subbed for Rodgers, who didn't want to go.

Matt Ryan said no to subbing for Brees because of a sore wrist. Brees didn't want to go.

Then, Dak subbed for Brees.

So Dak was the 7th choice after not making the Pro Bowl in 2018. (And Cousins should have been chosen instead.)

If you call that an "honor", then knock yourself out.

I ONLY pay attention to All-Pro teams. That distinction actually means something.

Remember, Roy Williams went to a million pro bowls, and he was just awful.
My point is even to get subbed in you have to be a solid talent. They don’t put bums in the Pro Bowl and regardless of how you feel about Roy earlier in his career he was a solid player. He was going to Pro Bowls based on reputation of once being a solid player.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
All Pro means something if you are trying to see who’s the best players at their positions. If you make the Pro Bowl you are top 5 at your position in your conference.

Lol, wut? Pro Bowl is solely a popularity contest, nothing more.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Lol, wut? Pro Bowl is solely a popularity contest, nothing more.
It's majority coaches/players voting so I don't know if popularity contest is quite right

Especially since the pro bowl starters + the top reserve is majority of the team who get's 1st/2nd team all-pro..........

Alright so show me the popular bench player who made the Pro Bowl.
I say this all the time to people who whine about the pro bowl and they never say anything. It's extremely rare for me to see a pro bowl starter/reserve and say "that guy isn't a great starter in the league"

Funny how the pro bowl is supposedly a popularity contest yet the NFL top 100 which is the pro bowl voting WITHOUT the fan portion is literally just a list of Pro Bowl players........

Last edited: