90% of Dallas problems are related to leadership

Wood

Reaction score
Moose had an article where he asked the dallas coaches whats wrong...and nobody knows. If you cant pin point it...then its almost always lack of strong leadership. I just dont think Bradie James on defense and TO on offense are the right guys for it. Wade certainly does not provide it from staffing position. I cant help but think Wade is already a beaten man during his press conference....you can just tell he knows this is it for him here.

...other 10% is injuries

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well then we'll do bad down the stretch and he'll be gone. If that's the attitude he honestly takes into the second half of the season he'll deserve to be fired.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Leadership is the most overused term on this board. Sometimes players have to execute.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2407133 said:
Leadership is the most overused term on this board. Sometimes players have to execute.

I thought accountablility was the most overused?

Kilyin

Reaction score
Well I did heard 90% of the game is half mental so you may have a good point imo.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of players are not executing, in part, because they are not held accountable. That speaks to leadership. Leadership starts at the top....leadership - coaching, goes hand in hand. To disregard the importance of leadership is ignorant IMO/FWIW.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2407195 said:
Wade needs to get a little more URGENCY in his behind--PERIOD!

I couldnt agree more. Im so sick of watching a Wade PC and he looks like he's been sedated. There is no fire in him and it just seems he's so ho-hum about everything. If I was the HC, Id be a monster at the PC's Dennis Green style! LOL

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;2407233 said:
A lot of players are not executing, in part, because they are not held accountable. That speaks to leadership. Leadership starts at the top....leadership - coaching, goes hand in hand. To disregard the importance of leadership is ignorant IMO/FWIW.
I don't think anyone is disregarding the importance of leadership and accountability. But how in the world can we assume anything about the innerworkings of the lockerroom as it pertains to either of those things. This team has had both the hard *** and the cupcake as coach. Two different extreme methods of leadership and accountability and they've both merited the same results.

At some point, people need to start looking at the player execution and realize they're just messing up.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2407195 said:
Wade needs to get a little more URGENCY in his behind--PERIOD!

I 'd say a BOOT would be better.:mad:

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
I think if your a professional Athlete, there is no way you should have to rely on a coach to make you accountable .

Wrangler87

Reaction score
There are certainly leadership and accountability issues. But, here are the on the field problems.

Offense: Obviously, the injury to Romo. Before that, it had a lot to do with Romo not getting the necessary time to throw. I contribute that to Cory Proctor. He is terrible at this point, and I think it caused the other lineman to get out of their comfort zone, trying to make up for his short comings.

Defense: There is no one in the middle to keep the blockers off of our LB's so that they can make tackles. That is the design of a 3-4 defense. The NT's job is to eat up blocks so the two ILB's can get clean shots at tackles. We have no NT. As good as Ratliff is, he is not a NT. So out Lb's are constantly having to fight through blocks, before they can even attempt to make a tackle. A real NT would make a huge difference. Ratliff should be playing DE, and Tank Johnson, who should be on the bench.

The offense problems should be solved by the next game. Kosier and Romo are back.

The defense will not be fixed until we get a real NT, which likely will not be this season.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2407133 said:

executing the players is only part of the job don't forget the coaches and the front office:p: :D :wink2: :tongue:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We went 13-3 with the same non-leaders.

The issues on this team are largely health related.
Amazingly injured teams are not as good as healthy ones.

Dallas made it through last year quite healthy and have been beset with injuries this year. Add in losing Pac Man and we just have not had any consistency in the lineup at all.

The posters on this board cry more than anywhere.

We lost some players and got beat, grow up and deal with it.

We start winning games with Romo, Felix, Newman, Pac man, Kosier and others back it won't because we grew leaders over the Bye week.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Wood;2407127 said:
Moose had an article where he asked the dallas coaches whats wrong...and nobody knows. If you cant pin point it...then its almost always lack of strong leadership. I just dont think Bradie James on defense and TO on offense are the right guys for it. Wade certainly does not provide it from staffing position. I cant help but think Wade is already a beaten man during his press conference....you can just tell he knows this is it for him here.

...other 10% is injuries

James as a leader is a joke.
In the lockerroom, James, Crayton, Thomas, Ellis seem to be the most vocal.

But on the game field, it seems that T.O., Barber, Witten are the true leaders, albeit much quieter. All these players let their play do their talking.

On defense, the on-field leaders are indisputably Ware and Newman (when he is healthy).

I'd like to see Romo become more vocal when he returns. And I'd like to see Bradie James shut the heck up. And no more post-tackle stuttin around like a proud rooster, Bradie. Better yet, just go away.

Reaction score
No Ray Lewis's, Joey Porter's .. No mouth that can walk the walk. #3 Wr's dont count.

No leaders...

People dont follow 'leaders by example'

They follow field generals..