CFZ A 59 year Cowboys fans Perspective

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Everyone said early on our weakness was WR because we lost Amari Cooper. Cowboys signed FA James Washington from Pittsburgh and drafted Tolbert in the 3rd round. The jury is out on both and Gallup has yet to come back from his injury. Meanwhile Noah Brown has 10 receptions in 2 games. Lamb has 9. Tampa Bay has a great defense.

Everyone said early on that the Cowboys lost out because they let La’el Collins and Connor Williams go. Cowboys drafted Tyler Smith in the 1st round. Cowboys signed future HOF’er Jason Peters. Cowboys depth has shown up early with the youngsters.

Everyone said that the Cowboys were weak at the TE position because we lost Blake Jarwin. Cowboys drafted Jake Ferguson and allowed Dalton Shultz to shine. Hendershot showing promise.

Everyone said that the Cowboys sucked at the FG kicker position. Cowboys signed Maher who is 3-3 all over 50 yards with a last second game winner.

Everyone said that Kellen Moore’s play calling sucks. Everyone was right.

My point is that let the season play out. No reason to quit after 1 or 2 games. There’s 15 games left. Don’t t quit. Don’t give up. Cowboys are a team with good chemistry, the best defensive player in the NFL and hope going forward. Many of you have already given up. Don’t, and instead be patient.

Haven’t even talked defense yet.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Your last paragraph should be obvious. The first two weeks is never a good indication of what the team will look like by mid season. But people like to comment and come to conclusions based on 2 weeks anyway. In guilty of it myself.

I think the main reason is no one likes bad starts no matter what. Hell, I've even seen this in regards to baseball teams and they play a million games.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Everyone said early on our weakness was WR because we lost Amari Cooper. Cowboys signed FA James Washington from Pittsburgh and drafted Tolbert in the 3rd round. The jury is out on both and Gallup has yet to come back from his injury. Meanwhile Noah Brown has 10 receptions in 2 games. Lamb has 9. Tampa Bay has a great defense.

Everyone said early on that the Cowboys lost out because they let La’el Collins and Connor Williams go. Cowboys drafted Tyler Smith in the 1st round. Cowboys signed future HOF’er Jason Peters. Cowboys depth has shown up early with the youngsters.

Everyone said that the Cowboys were weak at the TE position because we lost Blake Jarwin. Cowboys drafted Jake Ferguson and allowed Dalton Shultz to shine. Hendershot showing promise.

Everyone said that the Cowboys sucked at the FG kicker position. Cowboys signed Maher who is 3-3 all over 50 yards with a last second game winner.

My point is that let the season play out. No reason to quit after 1 or 2 games. There’s 15 games left. Don’t t quit. Don’t give up. Cowboys are a team with good chemistry, the best defensive player in the NFL and hope going forward. Many of you have already given up. Don’t, and instead be patient.

This is a good post. More like this please

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nice post Rock.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
It has been widely discussed why we were able to beat the Bengals. Nothing has changed as far as the individual players go.

Our receivers are a weak spot, it showed against Tampa. So Noah had a great game because he connected with Cooper? What does that change as a whole?

The o line held the fort against Cincinnati, Tyler did a good job on the left and Steele showed a nice improvement too. There was alot of bickering about and against the o line going on, but a lot of people still said give Tyler the reps and see how that goes.

I wouldn't call our rungame intact already. Zeke still has a lot of weak "into the wall" plays, they call it "wear the defense down". Ok, I see it differently. Tony did what he did last season. A few "boom" plays combined with weak blocking. So far it remains to be seen if he could carry the rungame on his back. But as long as Jerry wants Zeke to be the main runner we won't find out. So nothing new here too.

Defense has been great. Better than expected actually but a lot of people here said they will have to carry our games before the first game.

So dunno who you were calling out here, but neither the loss against Tampa nor the win against the Bengals have changed anything. I was in on the win, said with Cooper they have to think and play differently and they did. The one important question will be, what happens when the other teams have figured that out. In the end the FO has weakened this team during the off-season, no matter how fast the young guys pick up the pace.

You're giving your homerism a new paintjob to make it look more moderate. Let's see how THAT turns out during this season. Lots of people already said "let's wait and see" anyway and before you.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

Everyone said Dak ins't worth 40 million and Cooper is 2-0. Forgot that part about your beloved?

Creeper

Reaction score

When everyone was saying those things, they were all true. The Cowboys are still weak at WR, and will be until Gallup gets back. I admit Noah Brown's performances to date are a bit surprising to me, but it is not like the Cowboys offense has been lighting it up this year.

I don't know of anyone who was upset about letting Connor Williams go. After his flag infested season I think we were pretty happy the Cowboys did not sign him. Collins is a different matter. They could have used the depth, proven by the signing of Jason Peters, and they let him go getting nothing in return, mostly because they telegraphed they would cut him if they could not work out a trade for him.

The Cowboys have played 2 games this year. In one they looked pretty awful on offense with their $40 million starting QB playing most of the game. The defense did not look great either although they did hold the Bucs to 5 FG attempts instead of 5 TDs in the first half. Is that good? IDK, but it seemed to me like the Bucs had that game under control mostly.

Right now the Cowboys are 1-1 and nobody expected that would happen especially after Dak went down with an injury. But 2 games is not enough of a sample size to determine how good or bad this team really is. The Bengals are 0-2, the Bucs are 2-0. How do we assess this team based on that? I promise if the Cowboys lose to the Giants next Monday night, all the optimism we see this week will disappear, and maybe it should.

CCBoy

Reaction score

This team was center stage for two very top teams from last season, well were in place for respect. I'm figuring that the offense will end up very respectable by mid-season.

Injuries leave our growing defense alone...here and now!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Everyone reacts to frustration differently. Saying someone "quit" because they didn't express the same confidence as you is just patting yourself on the back.

Any Cowboys fan who is still here after the last 26 years hasn't "quit" on anything. The quitters bailed a long time ago, gave up football or support another team.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

Nice post.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It has been widely discussed why we were able to beat the Bengals. Nothing has changed as far as the individual players go.

Our receivers are a weak spot, it showed against Tampa. So Noah had a great game because he connected with Cooper? What does that change as a whole?

The o line held the fort against Cincinnati, Tyler did a good job on the left and Steele showed a nice improvement too. There was alot of bickering about and against the o line going on, but a lot of people still said give Tyler the reps and see how that goes.

I wouldn't call our rungame intact already. Zeke still has a lot of weak "into the wall" plays, they call it "wear the defense down". Ok, I see it differently. Tony did what he did last season. A few "boom" plays combined with weak blocking. So far it remains to be seen if he could carry the rungame on his back. But as long as Jerry wants Zeke to be the main runner we won't find out. So nothing new here too.

Defense has been great. Better than expected actually but a lot of people here said they will have to carry our games before the first game.

So dunno who you were calling out here, but neither the loss against Tampa nor the win against the Bengals have changed anything. I was in on the win, said with Cooper they have to think and play differently and they did. The one important question will be, what happens when the other teams have figured that out. In the end the FO has weakened this team during the off-season, no matter how fast the young guys pick up the pace.

You're giving your homerism a new paintjob to make it look more moderate. Let's see how THAT turns out during this season. Lots of people already said "let's wait and see" anyway and before you.
I think there is something to the 'Zeke wearing defenses down' thing...

But....I don't see how that's supposed to happen when he gets so few carries, or how you give him more carries when he generally isnt effective, and certainly provides no big play threat.

I just wish Jerry would stop trying to coach the team through the media. He does his HC zero favors by being that way and refuses to recognize it.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I as well as you have been a longggggg time Cowboys fan, thus the internal angst. If this was a franchise like the Jags, Jets and a couple others the patience would be justified. The problem us long timers have is that there is zero sense of urgency with the Jones', yet we should look at things positively?

Yes Maher looks sold, and #11 is well, a predator on the field. Failure in key positions like OL/WR have been ignored for years, as if ownership takes our optimism for granted. If Jerry wasn't so ignorant in how he speaks to the massses I would be okay, but things are clearly taken as a business, and business only approach.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Nobody here has "quit".

Some are optimistic, some are pessimistic. I guarantee you that both sides want to enjoy a successful season and a deep playoff run.

I don't even understand the concept of a fan quitting. How we respond to what we see means absolutely nothing in regard to the teams fortunes. How do we quit on something we have no influence over?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Rocky made some good points here. Many fans here are too inclined to make knee-jerk assumptions. Oftentimes, it's best to allow the staff time to resolve the team's problems, rather than trying to do it for them. Maturity leads wise people to allow the staff the leverage to use their knowledge. :)

Last edited:

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score

I'm on board. 56 years fan here. Sure I was down when we lost to Tampa. I was worried when I knew Dak was out for an extended time. I didn't come in here wringing my hands and moaning "Oh woe is me".

If you are a solid Cowboys' fan you ride the storms when things are tough and purr like a lion when you're on the mountain top ! Just be that fan . . . be grounded in your fandom !

Lets Go Cowboys !!!!!