A big ol' boy like Dalvin Tomlinson would look good in silver and blue

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
A stout DT that plugs up the middle and does a nice job pushing the pocket.
He's improved significantly the last two years and is a key part of NY's improvement on defense, especially run defense.
Spotrac estimates that his market value in 2021 FA is 9.5 mil/yr. Sign me up...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm not paying $9.5m for a guy who doesn't help the passrush. Every year these guys get signed somewhere, and every year they make 0 difference. The same things were said over and over again about DJ Reader last year, who got ~$10.5m. In the 5 games he played, Bengals gave up 5.2 ypc. Without him, they're at 4.3.

These guys just do not matter.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm not paying $9.5m for a guy who doesn't help the passrush. Every year these guys get signed somewhere, and every year they make 0 difference. The same things were said over and over again about DJ Reader last year, who got ~$10.5m. In the 5 games he played, Bengals gave up 5.2 ypc. Without him, they're at 4.3.

Gawd you don't understand football.

exciter

Reaction score
A stout DT that plugs up the middle and does a nice job pushing the pocket.
He's improved significantly the last two years and is a key part of NY's improvement on defense, especially run defense.
Spotrac estimates that his market value in 2021 FA is 9.5 mil/yr. Sign me up...
Think I read somewhere that Tomlinson has said he’d take less to stay New York! Jerry has always been reluctant to put resources into what he deemed a 2 down player. Saints signed Malcolm Brown for 3 yr 15. Jerry signed Poe to 2 yr 9m, then called him a 30 pound overweight fatass as he was headed out the door. Despite the fact I think Tomlinson would do for this defense what Brown has done for the Saint I’m guessing Jerry buckles back down on his old belief that you don’t pay this position!

kskboys

Reaction score

Bengals are 19th in the NFL in total D. Last year they were 29th.

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe, but Christian Covington (remember him) has been their starting 1 T for awhile now! Just saying!
Not a Bengals fan, so I'd have no idea!!!! I do know, however, that Reader is so athletic that he often lined up at DE for the Texans. Is Reader playing? Injured?

kskboys

Reaction score
Ah, just looked. Reader got hurt in game 5 and has been on IR ever since.

exciter

Reaction score
Not a Bengals fan, so I'd have no idea!!!! I do know, however, that Reader is so athletic that he often lined up at DE for the Texans. Is Reader playing? Injured?
Reader has been on IR since October. They made a trade for Covington in September! I just looked at their depth chart before our game!

kskboys

Reaction score
Reader has been on IR since October. They made a trade for Covington in September! I just looked at their depth chart before our game!
Yup. If you'll look right above, done posted that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrumann59

Reaction score
Maybe, but Christian Covington (remember him) has been their starting 1 T for awhile now! Just saying!
Odd how so many castoffs that played here last year got castoff and are contributing elsewhere. Covington, Hyder, even the DE we traded to detroit.

exciter

Reaction score
Odd how so many castoffs that played here last year got castoff and are contributing elsewhere. Covington, Hyder, even the DE we traded to detroit.[
Odd how so many castoffs that played here last year got castoff and are contributing elsewhere. Covington, Hyder, even the DE we traded to detroit.
Bengals signed Reader 4yr/53, traded Denver for Covington to be the backup. Reader got hurt in October... not sure how much Covington is contributing. Hyder has been playing his position of DE instead of 3T in passing downs that Marrinelli seemed to be obsessed with. Griffin was doing the same free lancing crap that Quinn did last year trying to get that same last big payout. Last I checked 3 or 4 weeks back Quinn had 1 sack!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We need cheap young run stopping mean bullish DT's.