A big reason we just might win this game

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We need to put Lewis on Gurley if he looks healthy...
This was mentioned on the NFL network earlier today.
Would be a viable tactic if we don't feel that LVE can run with Gurley.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
McVay burned us last season once he realized Jaylon couldn't run with Gurley.

After watching him and LVE this season, I dare him to go that route again...
That was a much different Jaylon last year. Hell, Jaylon probably couldn't run with Eli Manning in 2017. He was unsure of himself and much to slow to read and react to plays.

All of that has changed.

I'm sure McVay realizes this as well. We won't get the same looks from the Rams that we got in 2017.

Reactions: BAT

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
We need to put Lewis on Gurley if he looks healthy...
I'm pretty sure that's what is going to happen. I expect one of the DBs to pick up Gurley on passing downs.

As good as LVE and Jaylon Smith are, I don't want them trying to cover Gurley 20 yards down field. That's a mismatch in the Rams favor.

mmohican29

Reaction score

Absolutely this. McVay exploited Jaylon's gimp. Let him try that this go around, and the Cowboys will roll the Rams.

I expect this Defense to play it's fiercest game of the season tomorrow. I think they get after it and do not stop until the final gun sounds.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper is gonna have a BIG night I think.
It seems like Coop's best games have come at AT&T, but we have managed to win even when he hasn't had great games. I agree that tonight would be a perfect time for Coop to have one of those monster games. It seems like once he and Dak connect on a big play, another is sure to follow. We could use that tonight.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Rams lost Cooper Kupp to injury..

We gained an Amari Cooper thanks to Jon Gruden...

Losing Kupp has been a major blow to the Rams in my opinion..

Adding Amari has turned this whole offense around and made us a serious contender.
You are 100% correct about Kupp. The guy is a beast.

Hadenough

Reaction score

That was Damien Wilson that couldnt cover Gurley. Im sure the Cowboys will have Heath shadowing Gurley just like in the Giants game he was on Barkley.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Great observation! We need to put the same mojo on Gurley that we did against Kamara for New Orleans with their little flat pass crap their so fond of ... it's an LA staple as well. Lewis stayed with and nullified Kamara and he's got to be as quick if not quicker that Gurley.
That was LVE that was on Kamara.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Listening to Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller on the NFL radio, Kirwin asked Miller if the Rams contain Zeke and the Cowboys contain Gurley, which QB does he think can make the plays to win. Miller without hesitation, said I go with Dak. No question about it. He is more clutch and a better leader. Kirwin was kind of stunned at first and then said, I'm starting to see it that way too. FWIW!

BTW they basically think that Cowboys fans are stupid for always ragging on Dak. They say that his record is no mistake or miracle.

Thats interesting! If both RBs get shut down which QB would you want. Dak has a good short game and the team is built to throw short. Goff and the Rams are built for big plays and Goff wont have the time to throw deep if the Cowboys defense gets after him. But both QBs rely on the RB catching a lot of screen passes. Daks legs would be the deciding factor.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

Adding Amari has turned this whole offense around and made us a serious contender.

Been screaming it from the rafters until someone will listen. Goff has committed 11 turnovers in the last 6 games. During that time his completion percentage is less than 60%. The Rams are second in the league in offensive drives that end in turnovers.

They’re not a good team since they lost Kupp.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Listening to Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller on the NFL radio, Kirwin asked Miller if the Rams contain Zeke and the Cowboys contain Gurley, which QB does he think can make the plays to win. Miller without hesitation, said I go with Dak. No question about it. He is more clutch and a better leader. Kirwin was kind of stunned at first and then said, I'm starting to see it that way too. FWIW!

BTW they basically think that Cowboys fans are stupid for always ragging on Dak. They say that his record is no mistake or miracle.

I have come around on Dak. He is Clutch.

Bowdown27

Reaction score

Honestly people are forgetting about Kupp. All these analysts keep saying gurley wasn’t healthy but kupp being hurt as really put their offense out of rhythm. Well see today. Playoffs different story

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
for the cowboys to win tonight they have to get turnovers on defense and the offense cannot make mistakes like untimely penalities or turnovers these things have to happen or they will lose

sideon

Reaction score
Ya'll keep focusing on Gurley but the Rams have two 1200yd WRs, and the Cowboys secondary has started to get exposed.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Great observation! We need to put the same mojo on Gurley that we did against Kamara for New Orleans with their little flat pass crap their so fond of ... it's an LA staple as well. Lewis stayed with and nullified Kamara and he's got to be as quick if not quicker that Gurley.
Kamara is a lot smaller than Gurley. Lewis will get run over trying to tackle him.

I’d have Jaylon as a “spy” on Gurley. Key will be not biting on play action.

The front 4 have to do a great job today

bratch59

Reaction score

Kirwin actually said last week that he is sick and tired of defending Dak to stupid cowboys fans that want anyone else but him

Birdgang

Reaction score
Are you an eagles fan?

does not answer the question, I have no affiliation here. Just happens to have a large number of intelligent football fans on these boards. So I enjoy talking football , thats all