A change has come

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Alot of cowboy fans bash this team more then fans of opposing teams or more then media. But whats clear to me is this organization has turned the corner into a new era. They've gone young, and have gotten rid of most of its big overpaid contracts.

They've gone out and brought in and drafted players who arent affraid to put in work and who have an attitude about them. Arent affraid to fight back. In past yrs and even last yr they wouldve folded in that Rams game. No doubt in my mind. And being in the zones chatroom, i saw that same loser mentality in some posters in there. This team isnt the problem, its the fan base IMO. Yes there have been loses for the better portion of 2 decades but im not one to focus on the past but whats right in front of me. And this group has grown on me quick. If this team is going to lose i can handle the losses with a team thats scratching and fighting. Not what we have had to watch in recent yrs with players playing for numbers. Ware's empty garbage time sacks, Romo's empty no huddle yards and Tds in loses.

But something just seems different in 2014. Noway does the team demote Claiborne when he's healthy, noway do we hear Jerry criticize Romo. Noway do the Cowboys stick to the run even with the success its having.

Regaurdless if you want to believe it or not, They have the right set of coordinators surrounding Garrett. And believe it or not this team is better then what they are getting credit for. People talk about the defense is going to implode at some point. Unless they have 7 starters out like they did last yr i dont see that happening. Dallas is getting healthier. This week both Ro McClain should be back, Scandrick should be on the field, T McClain should be ready to get more action, Spencer should be a go. I dont think we will see 2012 Spencer, but i think playing him on 3rd downs with Wilber would be great in creating more pressure then we have seen. Melton is just starting to come into his own. Hes creating alot of havoc inside. But that lack of an outside rush is keeping them guards in Meltons grill with that center help. I think claiborne will be playing in the nickle and will be on the outside on them downs with Scandrick moving inside.

I dont think this team is going far this yr, but i do think they make the playoffs. Its not being a homer either, its just seeing that this team has no quit. And theyre going to win enough games to get in.

Niners L 0-1
Titans W 1-1
Rams W 2-1
Saints W 3-1 Saints D is bad, and their offense struggling because their OL is bad too, Ingram out they dont have a replacement for him at RB
Texans W 4-1 No QB defense getting banged up. Watt nicked up and Clowney out.
Seahawks L 4-2 Loss
Giants W 5-2 Cowboys are going to run all over them. Very short game
Commanders L 5-3 Tough game as always close score
Cardinals L 5-4 Think they have the defense to stop Murray and Romo is exposed
Jaguars W 6-4 Dallas runs over them
Giants W 7-4 Still cant stop the run
Eagles W 8-4 Eagles cant stop the run and Foles is taking a beating so far. By this time in the yr them hits are taking its toll
Bears L 8-5 Murray runs wild but with the cold weather and Romo's back think its a bad game for him with the cold.
Eagles W 9-5 Dallas just has phillys number. Think Kiffins knowledge of what Eagles coach does plays into this from their college days.
Colts W 10-5 Dallas runs over their defense. And Colts have no rungame. Luck cant do it all
Commanders L 10-6 Another tough game.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We do have plenty of fair weather fans.
Anyway, are we sure Melton will play? I heard that Ro will not.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I can understand the 2 L for the skins, but the 2 W's against the eagles? I'll go with the opposite, 6-10, and if we're lucky, we'll meet in the middle.

Cowboys dominated the Eagles in both games last yr. They only reason they didnt win that final game vs them was because Romo was out. And Orton almost beat them. If you look at Dallas 2 most complete games on defense last yr which were they? The Eagles games? Kiffins knowledge of what the eagles and Marinelli game planing IMO is a winner.

jday

Reaction score
Alot of cowboy fans bash this team more then fans of opposing teams or more then media. But whats clear to me is this organization has turned the corner into a new era. They've gone young, and have gotten rid of most of its big overpaid contracts.

They've gone out and brought in and drafted players who arent affraid to put in work and who have an attitude about them. Arent affraid to fight back. In past yrs and even last yr they wouldve folded in that Rams game. No doubt in my mind. And being in the zones chatroom, i saw that same loser mentality in some posters in there. This team isnt the problem, its the fan base IMO. Yes there have been loses for the better portion of 2 decades but im not one to focus on the past but whats right in front of me. And this group has grown on me quick. If this team is going to lose i can handle the losses with a team thats scratching and fighting. Not what we have had to watch in recent yrs with players playing for numbers. Ware's empty garbage time sacks, Romo's empty no huddle yards and Tds in loses.

But something just seems different in 2014. Noway does the team demote Claiborne when he's healthy, noway do we hear Jerry criticize Romo. Noway do the Cowboys stick to the run even with the success its having.

Regaurdless if you want to believe it or not, They have the right set of coordinators surrounding Garrett. And believe it or not this team is better then what they are getting credit for. People talk about the defense is going to implode at some point. Unless they have 7 starters out like they did last yr i dont see that happening. Dallas is getting healthier. This week both Ro McClain should be back, Scandrick should be on the field, T McClain should be ready to get more action, Spencer should be a go. I dont think we will see 2012 Spencer, but i think playing him on 3rd downs with Wilber would be great in creating more pressure then we have seen. Melton is just starting to come into his own. Hes creating alot of havoc inside. But that lack of an outside rush is keeping them guards in Meltons grill with that center help. I think claiborne will be playing in the nickle and will be on the outside on them downs with Scandrick moving inside.

I dont think this team is going far this yr, but i do think they make the playoffs. Its not being a homer either, its just seeing that this team has no quit. And theyre going to win enough games to get in.

Niners L 0-1
Titans W 1-1
Rams W 2-1
Saints W 3-1 Saints D is bad, and their offense struggling because their OL is bad too, Ingram out they dont have a replacement for him at RB
Texans W 4-1 No QB defense getting banged up. Watt nicked up and Clowney out.
Seahawks L 4-2 Loss
Giants W 5-2 Cowboys are going to run all over them. Very short game
Commanders L 5-3 Tough game as always close score
Cardinals L 5-4 Think they have the defense to stop Murray and Romo is exposed
Jaguars W 6-4 Dallas runs over them
Giants W 7-4 Still cant stop the run
Eagles W 8-4 Eagles cant stop the run and Foles is taking a beating so far. By this time in the yr them hits are taking its toll
Bears L 8-5 Murray runs wild but with the cold weather and Romo's back think its a bad game for him with the cold.
Eagles W 9-5 Dallas just has phillys number. Think Kiffins knowledge of what Eagles coach does plays into this from their college days.
Colts W 10-5 Dallas runs over their defense. And Colts have no rungame. Luck cant do it all
Commanders L 10-6 Another tough game.

Good points, but I think it would be a safer bet to say the cowboys will split wins with the nfce...particularly with the skins and eagles.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys dominated the Eagles in both games last yr. They only reason they didnt win that final game vs them was because Romo was out. And Orton almost beat them. If you look at Dallas 2 most complete games on defense last yr which were they? The Eagles games? Kiffins knowledge of what the eagles and Marinelli game planing IMO is a winner.

Welcome to 2014, Romo is no longer better than Orton, we haven't played a decent QB for the last 2 weeks. For what it's worth, Romo would not have won the last game against the eagles, he was done weeks before, he's worse now.

Zordon

Reaction score
I have one more win before the bye than you (7).
This is a crossroads game. If the Cowboys beat the Saints, I'm about to get reallyyyy excited about this season. They can't keep losing home games. Starting 0-2 at home would be embarrassing.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
No. The band wagoners yes. Still a lot fair weather fans. Some are just complainers that want us to be the 90's team again. Many are delusional and think they're complaining will spark some sort of change.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No. The band wagoners yes. Still a lot fair weather fans. Some are just complainers that want us to be the 90's team again. Many are delusional and think they're complaining will spark some sort of change.

I somewhat agree but I will say they are not the reason the team wins or loses.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

How is that any more delusional than diehards who pretend they can see progress when there is no W/L evidence?

All in all, this is yet another "I am a better fan" callout thread. Just love these moments.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
How is that any more delusional than diehards who pretend they can see progress when there is no W/L evidence?

All in all, this is yet another "I am a better fan" callout thread. Just love these moments.

I am better:laugh:

MrMom

Reaction score

Saints have great depth at RB. Some feel Robinson is a better pure runner than Ingram. Thomas is as steady as ever and even Travaris Cadet has some skill. Tight ends have had their way with this secondary and Jimmy Graham is the best in the league. I don't see us stopping this Saints offense. We'll need to completely control TOP and have some defensive breaks go our way.

They have more of a chance to stop us defensively than we do them, IMO. They have a pass rushing presence with Galette and Jordan. Seems as though we'll still be down Ro McClain and Melton will be hobbled if he does play. I don't see us pulling this one out.