A Dynasty could be in the works

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by nathanlt, Nov 28, 2020.

1. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

22,028 Messages
    25,738 Likes Received
    i always thought joan collins was hott.

2. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

5,450 Messages
    6,775 Likes Received
    LOL at any kind of dynasty talk. Even if we have the "opportunity" to draft in the top 5, is anyone really confident they will pick a guy that will do anything on Defense?

Will McClay, Jerruh and his offspring are the worst Defensive drafting people I've ever seen. To me it's much better they take an Olineman or another offensive player. They just don't know defense AT ALL. Offense is the only thing they get "mostly" right when they draft in the top of the rotation. I have no faith AT ALL in their defensive evaluation and until proven otherwise they will always suck. Morris Claiborne, Taco over TJ Watt/Buddah Baker, Trysten Hill over anyone else, need I go on? LVE was the only one they got close to right to me and I would've probably taken Darius Leonard over LVE just on Injury history. They aren't solid defensive player evaluators which is pathetic.

3. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "Dak 666" Zone Supporter

10,064 Messages
    14,859 Likes Received
    :muttley:

DenCWBY and ShortRound131 like this.
  4. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

7,150 Messages
    4,212 Likes Received
    Youd have us right back to trash taking Surtain top 10

5. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

29,518 Messages
    55,641 Likes Received
    Well, they'll be armed with shotguns.

Haimerej likes this.
  6. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

1,954 Messages
    3,947 Likes Received
    So let's see

This 3-8 roster giving up 150+ yards per game and 20 or more points every week all year is going to become a dynasty using almost the exact same roster and coaches. All we gotta do is add two top 100 picks to the front 7, throw a top 40 pick at CB, and draft a blue chip guard at 4 overall (which, btw, doesn't exist this draft). Then we're gonna sign a bunch of free agents, even though our cap space is basically all accounted for with the roster you outlined.

Just stop. We just fired our second most tenured coach in team history and then went 3-8 with our QB in pieces in the hospital. Our salary cap is almost all allocated to like 6 people, and none of the people in the top 10 are both playing at least 14 games and living up to the investment made in them.

We are in as much of a rebuild as we ever have been, and this time there's no Johnson or Landry to guide us. It's JJ again, and he's already hard at work selling optimism, and you're already buying it.

Manster_Mash and Jake like this.
  7. pitt33

pitt33 Well-Known Member

2,250 Messages
    2,624 Likes Received
    I hate to break this to you OP... there will be no dynasty.

Dynasties are a thing of the past. The NE juggernaut will hold that crown as the last one for a long long time.

I hope you were around to see the ‘90’s Cowboys. That was their time.

Jake likes this.
  8. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

44,410 Messages
    66,005 Likes Received
    We are being trolled right?

wrongway likes this.
  9. pitt33

pitt33 Well-Known Member

2,250 Messages
    2,624 Likes Received
    Perhaps

10. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    1,431 Likes Received
    Yes, I was, it was terrific. I think the talent that can be assembled with a loaded roster for 2020 with injuries in a year that they SHOULD have dominated presents an opportunity. Load again with a repeat success story that the 2020 draft brought, trade some players if necessary and get more picks. Herschel Walker trades won't happen again, but an injury riddled year is a great opportunity. Right now Dallas is playing with a preseason offensive line, ensuring a high draft pick in 2021. They'll get everyone back in 2021.

11. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

5,285 Messages
    9,038 Likes Received
    There is.........but it’s happening in Kansas City.

12. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

15,540 Messages
    52,267 Likes Received
    Lmao

PAPPYDOG likes this.
  13. pitt33

pitt33 Well-Known Member

2,250 Messages
    2,624 Likes Received
    I don’t see it happening. They’ve got some big names to pay. Once guys get those SB rings many bolt for greener (as in $) pastures. And as much as I like Andy Reid, he’s no Belichick.

14. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing Zone Supporter

6,798 Messages
    5,287 Likes Received
    OP don’t fall into their trap. You fool me once, shame on you. You fool me 10 times...

These players who you think are good are not that good. They’re either at the end of their career (T.Smith), can’t stay healthy (Vander Esch), or are overrated (J.Smith, Elliott).

Then there’s the coaching - with the way the game was coached on Thursday, this team will never win the big game.

Now add to that a shrinking salary cap and a better-than-average quarterback who thinks he’s worth $40M per year, and an owner who is in love with him, and it means this team isn’t going to be good again for a very, very, very long time.

Buttermaker likes this.
  15. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

4,388 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    If you want to enjoy a Cowboy's dynasty you'll have to borrow some old VHS tapes from one of your elders. Sorry kiddo.

16. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

22,684 Messages
    19,398 Likes Received
    We just got our arses handed to us in our own stadium and this fool is talking about us becoming a dynasty. I'm not hearing that BS.

DenCWBY, Manster_Mash and jwitten82 like this.
  17. Established1971

Established1971 fiveandcounting

3,809 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    more like Die Nasty

18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

60,612 Messages
    110,160 Likes Received
    It really is historic talent. That's the only thing keeping me sane. We're always the better team.

Cover 2 likes this.
  19. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

21,841 Messages
    20,066 Likes Received
    Go away troll. You’re not wanted around these parts.

20. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

21,841 Messages
    20,066 Likes Received
    He’s not a fool. He has made some good points. I understand losers don’t want to hear it because they love the misery, but the facts are that we can be a great team with a good offseason. As much as you don’t want to hear it.