A Dynasty could be in the works

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A Dynasty could be in the works
I don't know about a dynasty, but this team is far better than their current record.

When healthy, this team was a super bowl pick for many football mouthpieces a few months ago.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m hearing the voice of former Colts head coach Jim Mora in my head...”Dynasty? You’re talking Dynasty? Dynasty? I just want want to win another game...Dynasty?”
:laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Dak-Losers are going nowhere!
2017 9-7
2018 10-6
2019 8-8
2020 1-3

1 Playoff win in 4 years!

Dynasty ya right only in Rockports man-crush head!
Go away Troll, you’re not wanted or needed here.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
It’s all about fixing the defense and improving our depth on the O-line in the offseason. The defense has to make more plays and the line has to run block better.

I think using our 1st pick on defense is prudent in that we need playmakers on that side of the ball desperately. Be it an interior defensive lineman, a top linebacker to pair with LVE, or a corner to replace Chido/Lewis, a top pick on defense will help this team a lot.

Hopefully the front office has learned to sign less garbage in FA and use the money on safer, more expensive investments. Signing a top safety and guard in the offseason would do wonders.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Just getting the OL back to 2019 form alone should produce 6-8 wins next year imo. If the OL can come close to their 2016 level, this team should easily make the playoffs in 2021. When you can protect your QB and have the running game working, then you can move the ball easier, control the clock and usually the outcome of any game.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Ahhhh....I remember when I was young and full of enthusiasm and optimism about the Dallas Cowboys. The days of almost fainting from a blood rush to the head on a TD in a close game and of being in emotional despair for three days after a loss. Of Sundays that I could never be bothered or distracted by family or friends, totally consumed with fortunes of the team. Waiting at the mailbox on Thursdays for my Dallas Cowboys Weekly to read Mickey's column.

Those days are now faded memories.

This franchise will NEVER win another Super Bowl under Jerry Jones and the fact that you even mention the word dynasty....well, I'll be polite...enjoy your youth.

Sadly you will one day become older and more cynical and I promise not to tell you I told you so.

lockster

Reaction score
By all accounts, this years draft was supreme, every pick Dallas made could have been met with a high grade, had they been picked a round early. CeeDee was just a bonus, icing on the cake for a solid draft, making it legendary.

So now, envision this
QB
Dak, Garrett Gilbert, Dinucci
Starting O-line
Tyron Smith, Blue chip top 10 overall LG if Surtain isn't available, Biadisz, Zack Martin, La'el Collins
Backups: Williams, Steele, Looney, McGovern
WR
Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Wilson, Brown
TE
Schultz, Jarwin
RB
Elliott, Pollard, 4th round RB

D Line
DLaw, Gregory, Aldon Smith, Gallimore, Woods, Anae, Armstrong, 3rd round pick B

LB's
VanderEsch, Jaylon Smith, THomas, Bernard, 3rd Round pick A

Secondary
Diggs, Lewis, 2nd round pick, (or Surtain in the first) Reggie Robinson, Woods, Wilson, (Brown or Awuzie)

That still leaves 11 players to keep on the roster, 8 more after LS, P, and K are covered. This roster could be so stacked, with quality players in 2 successive drafts! Injuries have a silver lining, because this roster will be so excessively talented, we could see sustained years of success if the coaching improves.

Who else would you add?
You forgot the players come with this dynasty
McCarthy only coach that can make Garrett look like belicheck
Nolen - I'll get things fixed by 10 games in
Fassel- never seen a plan drawn up in dirt he didn't like
Moore, might not be dumb, but still thinks you can play the pro game being cute like college, no way.

Verdict

Reaction score
It’s all about fixing the defense and improving our depth on the O-line in the offseason. The defense has to make more plays and the line has to run block better.

I think using our 1st pick on defense is prudent in that we need playmakers on that side of the ball desperately. Be it an interior defensive lineman, a top linebacker to pair with LVE, or a corner to replace Chido/Lewis, a top pick on defense will help this team a lot.

Hopefully the front office has learned to sign less garbage in FA and use the money on safer, more expensive investments. Signing a top safety and guard in the offseason would do wonders.
It would probably be best for a defensive stud to be there as the BPA when we draft in the first round. But the draft often does not give you what you need. If take the best player you get Zack Martin. If you force a pick you get a Taco with no spice and wilted lettuce.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There is no "dynasty" on the horizon for anyone. The most likely is KC but they are due a good choking.

Cmac

Reaction score
Shouldn't we be writing about a decline?......that's been on-going.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dynasty? Most here would settle for just a playoff win. Going form 8-8 to whatever they end up this season is hardly dynasty talk.

The WFT is closer to that because at least they started on the foundation, that DL is just getting better. And they have a D oriented HC without a meddling owner.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
By all accounts, this years draft was supreme, every pick Dallas made could have been met with a high grade, had they been picked a round early. CeeDee was just a bonus, icing on the cake for a solid draft, making it legendary.

So now, envision this
QB
Dak, Garrett Gilbert, Dinucci
Starting O-line
Tyron Smith, Blue chip top 10 overall LG if Surtain isn't available, Biadisz, Zack Martin, La'el Collins
Backups: Williams, Steele, Looney, McGovern
WR
Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Wilson, Brown
TE
Schultz, Jarwin
RB
Elliott, Pollard, 4th round RB

D Line
DLaw, Gregory, Aldon Smith, Gallimore, Woods, Anae, Armstrong, 3rd round pick B

LB's
VanderEsch, Jaylon Smith, THomas, Bernard, 3rd Round pick A

Secondary
Diggs, Lewis, 2nd round pick, (or Surtain in the first) Reggie Robinson, Woods, Wilson, (Brown or Awuzie)

That still leaves 11 players to keep on the roster, 8 more after LS, P, and K are covered. This roster could be so stacked, with quality players in 2 successive drafts! Injuries have a silver lining, because this roster will be so excessively talented, we could see sustained years of success if the coaching improves.

Who else would you add?
I would trade Gallup while he has value. This year would have been the best year to do that.
I would not give Gregory or Smith anything more than a team friendly deal, predicated on a reduced snap count/situational role.
I would cut Jaylon Smith. He is just not a good player and a progress stopper. Whether that is a physical or mental issue doesn't matter, he stinks.
Joe Thomas is a JAG. Best in a reserve role and a FA.
Woods and Awuzie are FAs at the end of this year. I would not break the bank for either of them.