A Dynasty could be in the works

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the only way we become a dynasty is if they do away with the salary cap and we go back to the 90's buying all the good players again. you can't beat a team with the best players.

kskboys

Reaction score
the only way we become a dynasty is if they do away with the salary cap and we go back to the 90's buying all the good players again. you can't beat a team with the best players.
We didn't buy all the good players in the 90's. Didn't have to. Don't remember any key players that we bought.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
We for sure have the ability for a successful rebuild. That’s assuming MM made those stupid decisions intending to draft top 3.

Now all we need is to contact Minnesota and ask what they will give for Zeke.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We for sure have the ability for a successful rebuild. That’s assuming MM made those stupid decisions intending to draft top 3.

GlitteringSpottedBrahmancow-size_restricted.gif

Creeper

Reaction score
Looks great on paper, as it did last year.

The Defensive is terrible this year. Just awful, particularly against the run. You have the same front 7 except you added 2 3rd round picks, a LB and a DT. The way I see it, that means our defense will be just as bad next year as this year. I don't see a legitimate solution at safety or DT. I would add those two positions. A safety in the 2nd round and a free agent stud DT. I don't think they get a real shot at Sewell in the first round so they may take a CB, a position of need since Awuzie and Lewis are both free agents. In the 3rd round they may need to take a LB and use the comp picks for RB, OL and secondary depth.

Speaking of RB, I do think it is time to move on from Zeke. He is a good RB, but they league is going with more speed at the position. Zeke does not have the top end speed to break away anymore. He can't cut back to the outside and outrun the pursuit to the edges anymore. I'd like to see them get faster on offense, starting with RB.

Certainly getting Tyron Smith and La'el Collins back will be a big boost for the offense. But I don't think we have any reason to count on Tyron for 16 games. I am also getting concerned about Zack Martin. I know he has been healthy, but I wonder if we are seeing the beginning of him breaking down too. He is 30 this year, which is not old, but is this the beginning of getting old we are seeing in 2020? OL depth is a must. I think Knight and McGovern will be okay. Steele may improve with another year of training camp. They have to move on from Williams and I think McGovern may win that battle. In any case, they need depth on the OL.

kskboys

Reaction score
Looks great on paper, as it did last year.

The Defensive is terrible this year. Just awful, particularly against the run. You have the same front 7 except you added 2 3rd round picks, a LB and a DT. The way I see it, that means our defense will be just as bad next year as this year. I don't see a legitimate solution at safety or DT. I would add those two positions. A safety in the 2nd round and a free agent stud DT. I don't think they get a real shot at Sewell in the first round so they may take a CB, a position of need since Awuzie and Lewis are both free agents. In the 3rd round they may need to take a LB and use the comp picks for RB, OL and secondary depth.

Speaking of RB, I do think it is time to move on from Zeke. He is a good RB, but they league is going with more speed at the position. Zeke does not have the top end speed to break away anymore. He can't cut back to the outside and outrun the pursuit to the edges anymore. I'd like to see them get faster on offense, starting with RB.

Certainly getting Tyron Smith and La'el Collins back will be a big boost for the offense. But I don't think we have any reason to count on Tyron for 16 games. I am also getting concerned about Zack Martin. I know he has been healthy, but I wonder if we are seeing the beginning of him breaking down too. He is 30 this year, which is not old, but is this the beginning of getting old we are seeing in 2020? OL depth is a must. I think Knight and McGovern will be okay. Steele may improve with another year of training camp. They have to move on from Williams and I think McGovern may win that battle. In any case, they need depth on the OL.
I'm sure Bellychickens will leak out that he's interested in some CB so Jerry will take him and leave the DT's for Bill.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By all accounts, this years draft was supreme, every pick Dallas made could have been met with a high grade, had they been picked a round early. CeeDee was just a bonus, icing on the cake for a solid draft, making it legendary.

So now, envision this
QB
Dak, Garrett Gilbert, Dinucci
Starting O-line
Tyron Smith, Blue chip top 10 overall LG if Surtain isn't available, Biadisz, Zack Martin, La'el Collins
Backups: Williams, Steele, Looney, McGovern
WR
Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Wilson, Brown
TE
Schultz, Jarwin
RB
Elliott, Pollard, 4th round RB

D Line
DLaw, Gregory, Aldon Smith, Gallimore, Woods, Anae, Armstrong, 3rd round pick B

LB's
VanderEsch, Jaylon Smith, THomas, Bernard, 3rd Round pick A

Secondary
Diggs, Lewis, 2nd round pick, (or Surtain in the first) Reggie Robinson, Woods, Wilson, (Brown or Awuzie)

That still leaves 11 players to keep on the roster, 8 more after LS, P, and K are covered. This roster could be so stacked, with quality players in 2 successive drafts! Injuries have a silver lining, because this roster will be so excessively talented, we could see sustained years of success if the coaching improves.

Who else would you add?
Aside from the fact that "dynasty" is not a reasonable word to use at this point ….

I can see that a healthy Dak and O-Line can make a huge difference with the offense, but I'm not sure this is enough improvement on defense. D-Line and LB's look about the same. Maybe that high pick at DB would make some difference though.

mrmojo

Reaction score
It all starts at QB, Andy Reid didnt have a chance at a dynasty without Mahomes....he had McGas in Philly but that only got him so far. If you have a chance at a generational qb, you gotta go for it.

catiii

Reaction score
Dynasty?With Dak and this OL DL and Defense?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao::lmao2::laugh:

We like our guys!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

Motorola

Reaction score
By all accounts, this years draft was supreme, every pick Dallas made could have been met with a high grade, had they been picked a round early. CeeDee was just a bonus, icing on the cake for a solid draft, making it legendary.

So now, envision this
QB
Starting O-line
Tyron Smith, Blue chip top 10 overall LG if Surtain isn't available, Biadisz, Zack Martin, La'el Collins
WR
TE
Schultz, Jarwin
RB

D Line

LB's

Secondary
Diggs, Lewis, 2nd round pick, (or Surtain in the first) Reggie Robinson, Woods, Wilson, (Brown or Awuzie)

That still leaves 11 players to keep on the roster, 8 more after LS, P, and K are covered. This roster could be so stacked, with quality players in 2 successive drafts! Injuries have a silver lining, because this roster will be so excessively talented, we could see sustained years of success if the coaching improves.

Who else would you add?
Let's just continue to wait and watch to see if the Cowboys can get to an NFC championship game. Over the last dozen years, a dozen conference teams have made an appearance. Since the 2008-09 season:
One game - four teams - Panthers, Bears, Giants, Rams
Two games - six teams - Saints, Vikings, Cardinals, Eagles, Falcons, Seahawks
Four games - Packers, 49ers
Buccaneers and the Football Team have a chance to make the postseason and an opportunity to end their droughts; Cowboys not out of the running yet.
The Lions will have to wait until next year, which will be the 30th anniversary of their only NFCCG appearance - 1991 season.

Last edited:

Tommy

Reaction score

So now, envision this
QB
Starting O-line
WR
TE
Schultz, Jarwin
RB

D Line

LB's

Secondary

Who else would you add?
I’m sure the league will step in and fix this. The system is obviously broken. We are hoarding so much talent that I don’t even know if I could enjoy the string of SB’s we are about to run off.

It kind of feels like cheating.

Shane612

Reaction score
The dynasty was supposed to begin 2 years ago.

That window has closed.

We're in rebuild mode now.
Look who the builder is.....
With him as GM, they're always in rebuild mode...

:facepalm:

....because he can't be fired.
That's job security.
:flagwave:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The closest thing Dallas has to a dynasty today is if reruns were to be shown on television such that the show Dallas would follow the show Dynasty like it did way back in the 1980s.

Shane612

Reaction score
Dynasty?
Really?
Just because you have a promising young receiver, doesn't make you a dynasty in the making.