A Dynasty could be in the works

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Sooo all that changes is some new draft picks, Smith and Martin get healthy and we have a dynasty... I got $50 that says the online continues to be injury prone, Zeke doesn’t get back to top 5 status and the Defense while it will bounce back won’t be in the top 10 in points allowed per game... it’s the same ole Cowboys I’ve been watching since I was 16 and Romo took over.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
How about going after an elite Quarterback talent for once.
Staubach, Jimmy, Aikman, and even Belichick think Dak is a franchise QB. Id take their word over urs and SAS, and bubba gump across from skip

nathanlt

Reaction score
Look I'm not saying that all this dynasty stuff is a lock or a guarantee. However, it is an opportunity, after a year where Dallas had a great draft, their advantage they have in the existing talent that was forced to IR in most cases. In the coming year, the roster talent can balloon far above what other teams have, because of the lower draft picks they'll get due to better records. There's hopefully a silver lining to the injuries, and I'm fine with Dallas taking some risks and trading away a few players in order to stack the deck with talent. Will McClay is key, and has proven that he is right in acquiring good talent.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Duck dynasty maybe , this teams play quacks me up...

Just a tidbit of info:

Phil Robertson was ahead of a kid named Terry Bradshaw in the
QB depth chart at Louisiana Tech back in the day.

(I feel like "Cliff" from Cheers.. lol)

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Addition by subtraction. Let Jaylon and Elliot go.

Let them go after this season and you'll have almost $60 million in dead cap. Good luck filling a competitive roster with a third of your cap space flushed.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Are people drinking more than usual lately with these insane threads? Dynasty? Winning out? Elite O line ? I honestly don’t know if forum members are trolling or if they have lost all connection to reality .
The Dallas Cowboys have not done anything in a quarter century , no there isn’t any dynasty on the horizon as long as Father Time Jerry Jones is alive.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Let them go after this season and you'll have almost $60 million in dead cap. Good luck filling a competitive roster with a third of your cap space flushed.

Per Spotrac, 24.5 Zeke, 9.4 Jaylon. Though they need to cut both in March, they should be able to designate Zeke as a midsummer cut, to spread his cap hit across 2 seasons. Not horrible.

Cutting both is better than pumping more cumulative cap into them.

If cap space becomes a big issue, Zeke wouldn't be that bad to keep, since we get him for an incremental 12.4mil total for the next 2 seasons, with 2020 already guaranteed. I just don't think he's worth even 6.2mil a year anymore.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We’ll be good next year. Most teams without a very good head coach will fail when they lose their best player and QB.

Losing the line took us from being slightly below average to close to horrible. Strange play calls like the fake punt have also played their part.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The Dak-Losers are going nowhere!
2017 9-7
2018 10-6
2019 8-8
2020 1-3

1 Playoff win in 4 years!

Dynasty ya right only in Rockports man-crush head!
I believe that playoff win was more Zeke and the defense than Dak. Daks biggest play was a run.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Yes, I was, it was terrific. I think the talent that can be assembled with a loaded roster for 2020 with injuries in a year that they SHOULD have dominated presents an opportunity. Load again with a repeat success story that the 2020 draft brought, trade some players if necessary and get more picks. Herschel Walker trades won't happen again, but an injury riddled year is a great opportunity. Right now Dallas is playing with a preseason offensive line, ensuring a high draft pick in 2021. They'll get everyone back in 2021.
I do not agree with you but I do like your optimism.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Deion Sanders.
He was bought. He left SF, because Jerry offered him a barrel full of cash.

We also got Charles Haley from SF, bought him for 2 draft picks and a new contract soon after.

Last edited:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
By all accounts, this years draft was supreme, every pick Dallas made could have been met with a high grade, had they been picked a round early. CeeDee was just a bonus, icing on the cake for a solid draft, making it legendary.

So now, envision this
QB
Dak, Garrett Gilbert, Dinucci
Starting O-line
Tyron Smith, Blue chip top 10 overall LG if Surtain isn't available, Biadisz, Zack Martin, La'el Collins
Backups: Williams, Steele, Looney, McGovern
WR
Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Wilson, Brown
TE
Schultz, Jarwin
RB
Elliott, Pollard, 4th round RB

D Line
DLaw, Gregory, Aldon Smith, Gallimore, Woods, Anae, Armstrong, 3rd round pick B

LB's
VanderEsch, Jaylon Smith, THomas, Bernard, 3rd Round pick A

Secondary
Diggs, Lewis, 2nd round pick, (or Surtain in the first) Reggie Robinson, Woods, Wilson, (Brown or Awuzie)

That still leaves 11 players to keep on the roster, 8 more after LS, P, and K are covered. This roster could be so stacked, with quality players in 2 successive drafts! Injuries have a silver lining, because this roster will be so excessively talented, we could see sustained years of success if the coaching improves.

Who else would you add?
Is this a serious post???!!!!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Oh Jerry knows about a dynasty, i.e., dirty old me Die-Nasty. ;)

Vandyr

Reaction score
Staubach, Jimmy, Aikman, and even Belichick think Dak is a franchise QB. Id take their word over urs and SAS, and bubba gump across from skip

Based on what? Passing yards? Is Jameis Winston a franchise QB?

morat1959

Reaction score
By all accounts, this years draft was supreme, every pick Dallas made could have been met with a high grade, had they been picked a round early. CeeDee was just a bonus, icing on the cake for a solid draft, making it legendary.

So now, envision this
QB
Dak, Garrett Gilbert, Dinucci
Starting O-line
Tyron Smith, Blue chip top 10 overall LG if Surtain isn't available, Biadisz, Zack Martin, La'el Collins
Backups: Williams, Steele, Looney, McGovern
WR
Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Wilson, Brown
TE
Schultz, Jarwin
RB
Elliott, Pollard, 4th round RB

D Line
DLaw, Gregory, Aldon Smith, Gallimore, Woods, Anae, Armstrong, 3rd round pick B

LB's
VanderEsch, Jaylon Smith, THomas, Bernard, 3rd Round pick A

Secondary
Diggs, Lewis, 2nd round pick, (or Surtain in the first) Reggie Robinson, Woods, Wilson, (Brown or Awuzie)

That still leaves 11 players to keep on the roster, 8 more after LS, P, and K are covered. This roster could be so stacked, with quality players in 2 successive drafts! Injuries have a silver lining, because this roster will be so excessively talented, we could see sustained years of success if the coaching improves.

Who else would you add?
I want some of what you are on.

kskboys

Reaction score
Sooo all that changes is some new draft picks, Smith and Martin get healthy and we have a dynasty... I got $50 that says the online continues to be injury prone, Zeke doesn’t get back to top 5 status and the Defense while it will bounce back won’t be in the top 10 in points allowed per game... it’s the same ole Cowboys I’ve been watching since I was 16 and Romo took over.
If someone could get a memo to Stephanie that it's all about the LOS on both sides of the ball and that CB's are negated w/o good S's, maybe we'd finally improve.