A fan base in turmoil

erod

Reaction score
Romo, Dak, Dez, Jerry, Witten, Garrett, Jaylon, Linehan, Marinelli, Deion, Irvin, Troy......

There is no fan base more divided when it comes to more figures than the Cowboys. Everything is a politically-charged debate that takes ugly directions.

Forget the locker room. The real division is out here.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It's the nature of the internet world we live in now. It's not just about the Cowboys, it's about everything.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you’ve been a Cowboys fan for a long, long time, you eventually learn that the TEAM is the only constant. Even your favorite players are only here maybe a decade at most.

I loved Bob Hayes- he was my first “favorite Cowboy”. He joined the team when I was six years old, and left the team when I was sixteen. I was disappointed to say the least when he left.

The Cowboys went on to win 4 SBs after Bullet Bob left. Again...TEAM.

If you are disappointed, upset, etc about Dez leaving, it’s just part of the game. If you’re a fan of the Cowboys as long as I have been, Dez won’t be your last “favorite player” and the Cowboys will go on regardless. In Sept. when the season starts, this is gonna seem a lot smaller.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our fans love whipping themselves up into a good old fashioned turmoil. Then complaining about how they deserve better than turmoil.

We cut a veteran WR who used to be great and had dropped off to ‘good’. It’s not the end of the world.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Our fans love whipping themselves up into a good old fashioned turmoil. Then complaining about how they deserve better than turmoil.

We cut a veteran WR who used to be great and had dropped off to ‘good’. It’s not the end of the world.
Its never the end of the world unless it is. The veteran WR is still good enough its just the QB isn't accurate period. I know some will have some bogus stats but other D didn't fear him that's all I need to know. I hope he gets better accuracy wise but that rarely happens outside of someone just throwing more closer passes. Deep ball accuracy seems to be a you have it or not thing.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Romo, Dak, Dez, Jerry, Witten, Garrett, Jaylon, Linehan, Marinelli, Deion, Irvin, Troy......

There is no fan base more divided when it comes to more figures than the Cowboys. Everything is a politically-charged debate that takes ugly directions.

Forget the locker room. The real division is out here.
Even if the Cowboy won the SB there would be a difference of opinions and there would still be most of the same topics.

kskboys

Reaction score

He was not good last season.

cowboyec

Reaction score
we survived the Coach Landry firing.
a WR being released is nothing.
appreciate what he did here.....X!
but we have been thru worse.

:starspin:WE RIDE TIL WE DIE!:starspin:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s more reflective of the sharp divisiveness in society over polarized issues instead of focusing on what brings us together and compromising our differences.

And the Internet is impersonal. Typed words from anonymous people allows to exploit opinions and agendas while not expressing the compassion and emotion attached . We are of course assuming everyone here is still a Cowboy fan. There’s just no accountability anymore. Anyone can say anything.

It’s much like the example I’ve often used over the years attending a game . There are simply some fellow fans we’d rather not sit next to or in our section. They don’t conduct themselves in a manner we feel comfortable with and can go to such extremes it ruins our experience.

Verdict

Reaction score
Its never the end of the world unless it is. The veteran WR is still good enough its just the QB isn't accurate period. I know some will have some bogus stats but other D didn't fear him that's all I need to know. I hope he gets better accuracy wise but that rarely happens outside of someone just throwing more closer passes. Deep ball accuracy seems to be a you have it or not thing.

Dez sucks.

Verdict

Reaction score
Even if the Cowboy won the SB there would be a difference of opinions and there would still be most of the same topics.

That's true. In fairness, it is a discussion board. I would expect discussion to occur here.

Hardline

Reaction score
This team hasn't won a Super Bowl in over 20 years.
And are not showing any signs of winning one soon.
I am so apathetic towards this team I don't care anymore.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's true. In fairness, it is a discussion board. I would expect discussion to occur here.
Discussion is healthy. It’s good to hear others opionions who look at things from a different perspective. You can tell those who get their opinions from the big media outlets like ESPN, NFL Network and Fox. And you can tell those who try and look a little deeper. And unfortunately you get those who just like to constantly hate. That’s the major negative to forums like this. You have to take the good with the bad.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
skyfallingjpg-copy-300x200.jpeg

GMO415

Reaction score
Everyone is different and you can't expect everyone to react the same way, but that's the fun of it .