A Letter to The Dallas Cowboys

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Dear Dallas Cowboys,
Since the Cowboys were founded in 1960, there has always been controversy surrounding the franchise. This year my friends, no different. You will always be thrown into the spotlight, magnified, and dissected. Feed off the weak. Let all the negative analysis drive you. Prove them wrong. As Cowboys fans, we have seen teams that were great, we know the history. This team has the opportunity to be great, even...lethal. And even when you are not on your "A" game, we as fans know its there, waiting to swallow up the opposition. So, shut up the Jim Romes, the ESPNS of the world. Go out there and make your opponent BEG for mercy! It's in you, we've all seen it, and we hope to see it again very soon.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Dear Dallas Cowboys,
You have accomplished very little so far. Sure I am happy for the 13-3 last season and think that you worked very hard for that and put in the required work but the way the season ended with the whole Mexico thing and then the loss where you just looked plain flat was very disappointing. Then this year you look flat pretty much from the start. Then you start making excuses and crying because people want you to put in a solid performance instead of just mailing it in against Cinnci. It is disappointing for a long time Cowboy fan to see such things out of a team with SO much talent. No doubt y'all can get it together, but its time for everyone to man up. Play every down like its important, approach every game focused, and handle the media like the stars you are and not a bunch of whiners. Once you win the Super Bowl, or heck a playoff game, then you can get away with a little bit more as far as mailing in games, but lets not kid ourselves, there is a lot of work to be done before this can happen.

P.S. Adam, you really want to change? You really want a chance to succeed? Maybe you should just cut out anything that might get you into trouble, ie. going out and drinking too much.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
utrunner07;2324227 said:
Dear Dallas Cowboys,
You have accomplished very little so far. Sure I am happy for the 13-3 last season and think that you worked very hard for that and put in the required work but the way the season ended with the whole Mexico thing and then the loss where you just looked plain flat was very disappointing. Then this year you look flat pretty much from the start.

While I agree with most of what you said here, that is actually why I'm not putting too much stock in how they're playing right now. If one thing was made abundantly clear to me last year, it's that it matters very little how you're playing at this point of the season, and matters a whole lot more how you're playing at the end.

As of right now, I'm happy when they win, I really don't care how ugly it is. Both the Cowboys and Patriots looked like Cinderella at the beginning of the season, but like rotten pumpkins by the end of the year.