News: A long-term deal for Dak Prescott? Forget it. He hasn't earned one

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
This isn't going to start off well. If Dak holds true to his word and holds out until training camp, new head coach Mike McCarthy, o-coordinator Kellen Moore and the rest of the coaches won't be happy about it.

No it probably won't but if Dak does get tagged the best thing for him to do would be to show up and learn the new offense because the last thing he needs to do is not show up until training camp or later, not get enough time/reps learning the new offense (verbiage) and then getting off to a slow start to the season or having an off season, That would not help him in any negotiations going into 2021

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Nah, a tag is a definite win for Dak. Dak is the one that wanted a shorter dea . The Cowboys wanted to lock him up for seven years so they could play with the cap. Instead almost half their cap space this offseason is paying Dak. Also they could have made better use of the franchise tag on Amari Cooper or Byron Jones.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm liking the cap option more now than I did even a month ago.
Show us you can lead receivers and we'll show you the money.
NEXT YEAR.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Sir may I please point out that any QB selected in the draft hold zero guarantees of being as good let a lone better than Prescott. Sir can I please also point out that the list of QB's taken in the 1st round or any round that turned out to be busts is a mile long. This even includes a QB taken with the very 1st pick.. So sir can I please say that whatever is done with Prescott is less of a gamble than drafting a college QB that has taken zero snaps in the NFL.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
It's cool as long as it doesnt hinder us from signing someone we wanted. If he had signed, the cap most definitely would not hVe been 31 mil

Not to mention having the tag available for someone else. Could have possibly tagged and traded Byron Jones.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
His doubters are mostly people who have never played the game. Coaches and Players who talk about Dak talk about him as a player who is still on the rise. They talk about his improvements from the time he came into the league until now. Thoughts that matter from people who matter.

Then theres the opposite end of the spectrum from delusional fans and media talk heads who think their opinions are fact. When they actually have no clue what theyre talking about and try to put their ignorant points above people who have coached and played the game.

Prescott people say needs weapons around him, so does every other QB. What has rodgers won without the WR weapons he had in his sb yr, same with Brees and every other QB not named Brady. Who has the weapons now? the QB who just won the SB, Mahomes.

When talking about Prescott, all of you will preach up and down on every thread that Garrett couldnt coach held the team back blah blah blah. Then not mention one iota about this when the thread is about Prescott. Then its just about him just not being good enough. Not mentioning the coaching problem one time.

I know none of you in the Prescott is bad fan club will even acknowledge this post because it obliterates any kind of debate because its all true. Its been happening since his rookie yr, you just dont like him because he's not Wince or Goff. And thats who you were hoping for. And the funny thing is he is a better QB than either of them. He's a better leader than either them.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The presumption the Cowboys will be forced to use the exclusive franchise tag on Dak is a bit premature, they have until 4:00 PM Eastern time on Monday to make that decision. But I'd expect the presumption to come true. The tag will give them until 15 July to work out a long term deal.

Loso86

Reaction score
Not to mention having the tag available for someone else. Could have possibly tagged and traded Byron Jones.
Exactly.. that's what is getting me mad about Dak and this contract. If it's over a few mil like man come on you want 4 years and they want 5 smh